• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Hello,

Next week Hello Games will be releasing an update to No Man's Sky. We're calling it ORIGINS.

Detailed patch notes will follow, along with next week's release.
Four years ago we announced FOUNDATION, our first major update for No Man's Sky, we promised "It won't be our largest update, but it is the start of something". Those words were true at the time, and they ring true for Origins. We called it Origins because it is the beginning of something new, as No Man's Sky continues to grow and evolve.

Beyond came out last year, bringing VR and hugely expanded Online play, and since then we have focused on releasing more regular updates. SYNTHESIS, BYTEBEAT, LIVING SHIP, EXO MECH, CROSSPLAY, and DESOLATION have been some of our most popular, surprising and transformative updates – leading No Man's Sky to have its biggest year to date.

We know there is a huge appetite in the community for No Man's Sky content, and the team has worked our socks off this year to deliver in difficult circumstances. We have been quiet, but we are always listening and focusing on improving the game that our team loves and feels so passionately about.

This update will be another small step in a longer journey. We hope you can join us.

Thank you,
Sean

They keep delivering!

802f35dbbb48b114da422b8ece566567.png

Last edited:

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
I have to go back to this game. I played at launch and haven't gone back to it. HG building up their good will so you know whatever games they make in the future will get a lot of support.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
I have to go back to this game. I played at launch and haven't gone back to it. HG building up their good will so you know whatever games they make in the future will get a lot of support.

There's so much more they've added if you haven't played since launch.

Haven't seen much talk about Last Campfire. Not sure if many people have played it.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Has there been any word on a possible PS5 version?

EDIT: I will keep playing regardless and love the updates and the hard work, just curious If we've heard of any next gen plans.

OP
OP
Unicorn

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I haven't played since the mech was added. Will return next week!

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
I hate announcements for announcements :( especially if I'm interested in the announcement

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man im excite, they have usually just dropped the updates with a tease the day before. Saying next week and giving it that name, whew.

OP
OP
Unicorn

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
All year they hinted at a big update. This is probably it. I bet New story stuff and features to set in place for next gen.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Has there been any word on a possible PS5 version?

EDIT: I will keep playing regardless and love the updates and the hard work, just curious If we've heard of any next gen plans.

It's going to be easier for games that are also on PC to release a patch with improved assets and graphics. Wouldn't surprise me if they simply have a PS5 patch for the PS4 game. As far as a physical PS5 release, who knows.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
There's so much more they've added if you haven't played since launch.

Haven't seen much talk about Last Campfire. Not sure if many people have played it.
It's weird, I've always liked NMS, but the amount of stuff they've added since I played last is almost overwhelming. I don't even know where to start.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I hope every update brings massive changes to the world's and space. Maybe this has a significant engine update to facilitate those types of changes. Especially if they continue to update this into next gen.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
It's weird, I've always liked NMS, but the amount of stuff they've added since I played last is almost overwhelming. I don't even know where to start.

It can be. They've added quest lines in the base building and some others of which I won't ruin the surprise. I got around 70 hours and I still haven't jumped galaxies or finished all of them.

I urge people not to build activated indium farms like I did. It destroys the in game economy in about three hours.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All year they hinted at a big update. This is probably it. I bet New story stuff and features to set in place for next gen.
They actually havent hinted at one 'big' update like they have in the past, and the text for this one seems to be tempering expectations as to how large it will be, but i do think it indicates they still have large additions in store and maybe this starts a different type of trend given they are calling it 'origins'

OP
OP
Unicorn

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
It can be. They've added quest lines in the base building and some others of which I won't ruin the surprise. I got around 70 hours and I still haven't jumped galaxies or finished all of them.

I urge people not to build activated indium farms like I did. It destroys the in game economy in about three hours.
I'm 600 hours and still in the first galaxy...

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
Is there any good video review showing the game state post all those patches?

BlodiaMkII

Jan 5, 2019
I'm about 300hrs in and finally jumped to the second galaxy. The thing I love about this game is that it's all about the speed of you.

Psoelberg

Oct 26, 2017
I love this game and the team behind it. Hope they'll add support for the next console generations.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I keep putting off playing this game and they keep adding to it. :( It sounds like hundreds of hours worth of content now.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Hello Games just keeps on delivering, those that are still annoyed at them at this point should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm 600 hours and still in the first galaxy...
Haha that's impressive 👍
I've started over too many times, 450-ish hours in so far, 20+ hours before I even left my starter planet lol
- But what do you do in this game?
- E V E R Y T H I N G!

OP
OP
Unicorn

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Hello Games just keeps on delivering, those that are still annoyed at them at this point should be ashamed of themselves.

Haha that's impressive 👍
I've started over too many times, 450-ish hours in so far, 20+ hours before I even left my starter planet lol
- But what do you do in this game?
- E V E R Y T H I N G!
Turns out I mostly do nothing, actually. Just being in the space is enough lol.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I applaud them big time for continuing to pump out new content for the game. The turn around from launch until now is pretty staggering. They've added so much and at like zero cost after the main purchase. It's very impressive and they deserve all the praise for it.

So it's hard for me to say the following but I have to be honest with my opinion of the game. It still lacks something for me after I play all of the updates. It's hard to put my finger on it but if I had to narrow it down, it's that 'samey' feeling I get wherever I go. I know this is to be expected with as ambitious as the game is, but every space station or every planet... they just never really feel all that different. I felt like I got a good feel for the game after probably 40-50 hours and have a hard time coming back before this (samey) feeling comes back. I really hope that changes one of these times.

Oct 28, 2017
I sold off my copy a while ago but I've been meaning to get back into it again(kinda held back because I lost my save) but with the PS5 it might be a good time as any to do it

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
They say it's the "beginning of something new", but I hope they're going back to that original feeling that got lost along the way with all the additions. A variety update would be welcome too.

Last edited:

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
They say it's the "beginning of something new", but I hope they're going back to that original feeling that got lost along the way with all the additions. A diversity update would be welcome too.
The original feeling of wonder that was immediately followed by the sinking feeling that there is actually nothing ahead? (And there wasn't)

I'm good with not returning to that.

Gashprex

Oct 25, 2017
All I want them to do is update the planets so they feel more unique - including flora and fauna.

I love the game but mostly feels like a copy/paste mashup when it comes to planets and flora/fauna.