• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
10000 count inventory spots? Now where am I going to scratch that Inventory Management Simulator itch?

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe with much larger inventory space, it'll calm my OCD-ness in that game

argonsmash

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, patch was large 11GB, but well worth it. Hopped into PSVR mode right away and man it blew me away! Graphics compromises for VR don't bother me as the feeling of presence more than make up for it.

Using the dual shock is not too bad, but camera rotation is too fast in VR and makes me a little quesy. Might have to adjust the settings somehow. Anyway, nice update...restarted from scratch for the full experience.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Well that was arguably the best experience yet i have had in VR. Loading in, Seen my S class exotic ship up close and it was huuuuge. I'm so blown away by it, The Ships UI is so good. Manually flying the ship into space and then into a trading post was everything i ever wanted in a sci-fi adventure. The fact i can just go wherever and do wherever is insane. Just mining is rewarding.

But my god the sense of scale and depth is unmatched. VR truly makes me there. Holy shit it's just unreal and that's me spending 30 mins by myself.

When i co-op this with friends i'm gonna be just mesmerised as what's actually happening in gaming today.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, patch was large 11GB, but well worth it. Hopped into PSVR mode right away and man it blew me away! Graphics compromises for VR don't bother me as the feeling of presence more than make up for it.

Using the dual shock is not too bad, but camera rotation is too fast in VR and makes me a little quesy. Might have to adjust the settings somehow. Anyway, nice update...restarted from scratch for the full experience.

I wasn't even looking at the visuals, And i'm going to be honest, Seeing the flora up close and it's spewing out poison when ships are flying overhead was unreal. I actually think it looks really good for a VR game. Like this is insane what we are experiencing here.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Kyuuji you're so right about the starter ship up close. It looks gorgeous :)

Just doing some very quick comparison screenshots/vids between base and pro in the same area and hopefully with similar movements

Bruticis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know why the GOG version is 2.04 compared to 2.03 for everyone else? I wonder if they added in a few fixes for the crashes being reported.

Starviper

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Glad to hear some positive notes on the VR mode.. I'm really excited to try this out on PC later tonight. Sounds like the PS4 is having some issues which I suppose I'd expected. I plan on using Virtual Desktop to stream the SteamVR version to my Quest. Really curious how it'll compare; I got Skyrim VR working great with streaming so as long as it supports Touch controls and remapping i'm set.

Bluforce

Oct 27, 2017
I bought it today on Steam.
Played one hour, followed the story. Not liked the game.

I will wait the update, but as now the refund chance is 90%.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Still on my way home from work but looking forward to this. My brother's offered to lend me his PSVR when Borderlands 3 comes out too so I can experience that as well.

Great work on the OT Kyuuji too.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Really does, couldn't believe when I saw it. VR really is something. It was always a pipe dream and now to actually be able to look around inside it is something else.

Yeah my first planet was like yours murky brown and reds. This ice world already looks nicer. Cant wait to build up a fleet and spend time walking round ships and about my freighter.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Proven

You can try ebay or something but most physical copies I've seen are around $30. You'll generally be paying that much for digital too.

Gunship

Oct 28, 2017
This is the most unstable verison of this game so far. Constant crashes with the audio going crazy/glitching out on PS4.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
This is the most unstable verison of this game so far. Constant crashes with the audio going crazy/glitching out on PS4.

Damn, what I really wanted from this update was stability and performance fixes.

It often felt like game was already running at like, a middling 20-30 FPS, and now you guys are saying that it's gotten worse?

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Being able to turn off the shitty vignette and scanlines is fantastic news.

Any news on whether it runs better on non-VR PS4 Pro?

This.

I don't have much interest in the VR mode right now but want to make sure things have improved in normal mode before jumping back in.

All of the crashing reports on reddit aren't too reassuring. (not even nexus area crashes, just general gameplay)

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OT made my toes curl. That last image.... [Kisses finger tips]

Also, DONT FORGET (Maybe make sure this is in the OP?)
You can report your bugs to Hello Games directly. New update launches are ALWAYS like this. Buggy, with problems. Do that here:

3tit55op8fg31.jpg

Fizz

Jul 15, 2019
Ontario, Canada

It's a day one release and their servers are going to be dealing with a lot of traffic. I think it's fair to give them a bit of a break and see how things sort themselves out over the next few days. There will probably be a number of smaller patches.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Not at home to check, the GOG version should be out around the same time as the other platforms, right?

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
It often felt like game was already running at like, a middling 20-30 FPS, and now you guys are saying that it's gotten worse?
The performance is a lot better for me (base PS4). The horrid stuttering I was experiencing before this update is gone and the game doesn't feel like it's dropping below 30 fps any more.

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Ok now Im thinking restart without VR, ease into new stuff, and once my new save is established, headset on and take a peek at controls. No matter what I was never going to play exclusively in VR, game is too pretty.

But Im wondering if there are still crashes/problems without VR and multiplayer.

What are the best visual settings?

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
The performance is a lot better for me (base PS4). The horrid stuttering I was experiencing before this update is gone and the game doesn't feel like it's dropping below 30 fps any more.

Oh okay that's good. Just crashing for some folk then seemingly... that's not so good, but I'll give it a go later on my PS4 Pro.

I remember my first ever experience with No Man's Sky. On launch day, the game crashed as it tried to generate my first save file, lmao.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
OT made my toes curl. That last image.... [Kisses finger tips]

Also, DONT FORGET (Maybe make sure this is in the OP?)
You can report your bugs to Hello Games directly. New update launches are ALWAYS like this. Buggy, with problems. Do that here:
Lmao, thank you bud means a lot. You're definitely right, over the next couple of days I'll be revising the OT with the Beyond stuff we now know, the ARG, working social links and - thanks to you - the link to report bugs.

In the meantime I'll put it in the post immediately after the OT with a colour highlight.