• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Try summoning your ship from the quick menu. Alternately, get a piece of navigational data, find an outpost or location with a landing pad, and try summoning your ship from there. Finally, if those don't work, get the launch thrusters working on the broken ship, fly it to a trade post or the space station, and trade it for a working ship.

Well, like I said I'm pretty new. I haven't even been to space yet.

I'll look for an option to summon my ship in the quick menu but I was pretty sure I combed through all my options pretty well already.

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to the Anomaly for the first time in Beyond, the autopilot tried to land me on an already occupied pad. After a couple seconds of bouncing my ship was tossed at lightspeed into the interior shell of the Anomaly, blowing me up. Wish I'd recorded video, it was hilarious.

Rox

Dec 13, 2017
How's the performance of this on the Xbox one s/X?

Pro still has a lot of FPS drops even when "locked" so just curious if I should system swap for my playthrough.

Funny fact I've never finished nor made it to the centre of the universe lol I've no idea wtf I'm doing when playing and just mess about. What are peopes opinion on what to do? Ain for the centre or follow the path

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I think it'd be cool if they implemented a basic gravity well around planets so once you enter it with your ship you can turn off thrusters and just lazily orbit around it taking in the view. I feel like 90 % of my time so far is just gawking at things as is, I love to just set thrusters at a lower speed while on the surface and watch the terrain go by it's so relaxing. Feels like I'm roleplaying the flyover part of 2001's Jupiter sequence, particularly on the crazier color scheme planets.

HastyCraftyConey-size_restricted.gif

Also it'd be cool if at some point we could go outside our craft while in zero-g/space for repairs or maybe exploring derelict ships and freighters just floating around in the void, and maybe throw in some horror stuff. Basically let me explore an Event Horizon type situation :)

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they can do something about the pop-in and texture loading issues on PS4. It used to perform so much better than this.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Can somebody explain to me how I am able to warp to a Green star system, without having the Emeril Drive installed?

g8dDxbx.jpg

8GY2SJ7.jpg

acwYA9g.jpg

Am I misunderstanding something here.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Not a single person I've played with or talked to on Xbox has seen others on the Nexus. Only once we were able to even instance together there. There's no way it's down to population.

Is it this bad on PlayStation right now? I know the PC version has been at least somewhat populated.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Bought it while it's on sale, but it sounds like I should wait for a patch before jumping in right?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anyone on PS4 having issues? I'll be playing on co-op from the start

I dunno how many hours total, as I cant see me save file right now, but lets say 17-20 hours in all since BEYOND launch. Including all day yesterday from my sick bed :) Only time I've ran into any real issues has been that first day when the Anomaly was causing crashes, haven't had any issues since.
If you've already got it you may as well give it a whirl, I'm not sure how many of the opening tutorial "quests" are completable co-op so it won't hurt

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno how many hours total, as I cant see me save file right now, but lets say 17-20 hours in all since BEYOND launch. Including all day yesterday from my sick bed :) Only time I've ran into any real issues has been that first day when the Anomaly was causing crashes, haven't had any issues since.
Good to know! I'll probably fire it up today

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Good to know! I'll probably fire it up today

Give it a whirl, the patches will come thick and fast for a week or two, but there's nothing game breaking for me there. I think we're getting more severe pop in with fine details at the moment over earlier versions but its nothing I've be galled by, personally. I think I've been sticking to these grotty planets without much foliage.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Give it a whirl, the patches will come thick and fast for a week or two, but there's nothing game breaking for me there. I think we're getting more severe pop in with fine details at the moment over earlier versions but its nothing I've be galled by, personally. I think I've been sticking to these grotty planets without much foliage.
Thanks for the heads up!!

EasyMode

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
So is trading broken until the next patch? I traded my ship for what should have cost a few hundred thousand units, and yet all 5+ million of my units have disappeared. Thankfully I made a manual save just before trading. PC version BTW.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah I have the Indium and Cadmium drives. The Indium is a S class, so if I have that it includes all of the drives below it?

Yep, unless they've changed it for BEYOND each progressive hyperdrive allows access to that level and below. So you only need the Indium eventually.

Of course this gorgeous planet is an Extreme Sentinel planet T_T

1127E9313E0673EDFFBA89B8364562F839105F10

Its always the pretty ones :D

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Few times now I've been unable to turn in missions after completion at The Nexus. Anyone else experiencing this?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I think it'd be cool if they implemented a basic gravity well around planets so once you enter it with your ship you can turn off thrusters and just lazily orbit around it taking in the view. I feel like 90 % of my time so far is just gawking at things as is, I love to just set thrusters at a lower speed while on the surface and watch the terrain go by it's so relaxing. Feels like I'm roleplaying the flyover part of 2001's Jupiter sequence, particularly on the crazier color scheme planets.

HastyCraftyConey-size_restricted.gif

Also it'd be cool if at some point we could go outside our craft while in zero-g/space for repairs or maybe exploring derelict ships and freighters just floating around in the void, and maybe throw in some horror stuff. Basically let me explore an Event Horizon type situation :)
Have you played Outer Wilds yet?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Well, my 900ish leftover quicksilver currency has just vanished. Wtf

Reloaded a manual save and got it back. Phew. Any leads to what is causing various currencies to just empty out?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Now I've gotten a better idea of the core game I think I might go over to Creative and skip the grind and just enjoy exploring and building. I think there's only so much of the grind I can hack in Normal mode.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I spent 300K of my 1.8M credits on a multi-tool upgrade and was left with 0 credits. So that was expensive...

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Here's the video of the flickering issue I'm experiencing constantly on the PS4 Pro. Anyone else seeing this while playing? Not game breaking but very annoying given how often it occurs.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Finally had a chance to play this for the first time. Glad I waited a few days as the performance was nowhere near as bad as I'd feared. I did disable Steam's motion smoothing as it was causing a lot of warping artifacts, and I turned resolution down a bit (still supersampling a little over my Index headset but not as much), I didn't keep the performance chart up the whole time but after doing that it was completely playable with everything on 2/4, terrain and textures on 3/4 and I disabled SSAO as it had a lot of artifacts in VR (black halos around my hands/gun). Looked and ran pretty well.

I still absolutely hate the movement, I don't like snap turning. I'm on a Lighthouse VR setup, I would prefer to just move around with my real body and not have to turn with a controller. Other than that though the controls seem pretty solid (set to smooth locomotion) and the tutorial helps a lot with it.

I'm happy, guess I won't be refunding it. Will play more tomorrow, I only got a few hours in and quit a little after building my first little wooden hut on my second planet. Definitely easy to get lost in and I'm looking forward to future patches.

EasyMode

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Disappearing currency appears to be a bug. Happen to me the other day too. Make sure to report your issue right to HG here

Just a reminder that everybody should report the bugs and issues they discover. It will help in having them patched faster!

Edit: iosefe, great minds think alike! lol
Submitted. Thanks.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
Really enjoying this so far. I'm only planning on doing the critical path (for now, too much shit to play). Does anyone know how long that takes? Or has it changed too much with Beyond to know yet?

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Yikes, think I'll officially wait until they fix the currency issue. I'm more focused on other stuff in the game that if my currency vanished and I didn't notice for hours I'd be pissed.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I don't know if if it is the same in Flat screen but in VR it seems the ladders are only able to be used once per so many minutes. ONce I use them I cannot look at any spot and get the option to use them again. But I did on one platform eventually get it to work (after I had logged out and quit and came back the next day).

I will say I am with others that if Hello Games were bigger there are some stuff they did in VR I'd find absolutely amatuerish (but they are a small team so because of that it's more understandable but I still hope they fix the issues). I hate how it doesn't support roomscale but even if it doesn't, the hud doesn't follow your head, if you reset the view it turns you around rather than putting the forward view set to where you are looking. On top of that you can only turn in 15 degrees using the controller (vive controller) which is very awkward to play the game with that limitation (I can't go straight to where I want to go, it's either to the left or right unless I want the HUD to be off center which is really off putting and completely pulls me out of immersion). They need to offer a smooth movement option (I realize it makes some people sick but even Bethesda did that in Fallout 4 and Skryim).

But they did some stuff really right too. For one the fact they have a dedicated button command to re center view. if it was implemented right that's an idea i"d love to see in other games. But more impressive and something a lot of VR games get so wrong is the scale is right. I actually feel like I am right sized for the world. For example in Fallout it feels like everything is 3/4 scale to me. And the NPCs look totally wrong... they're too small and if I make them tall enough they look like they were enlarged, not like they are the right size. But a lot of games aren't good at this. Arizona Sunshine was better but the cars for example still felt a little smaller than they should in comparison to how big I felt in the game. And that's a game made for VR. The only other game where it was really noticeable how right sized I felt was a demo that I think the game got abandoned (planetrism). Any other game I can think of that feels right sized were ones where you aer always inside operating a vehicle (Elite Dangerous, American Truck Simulator).