• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
Started a new game, returned to my home planet after ~10 hours exploring via a portal and found everything gone. Not even the base computer survived. Strange that it still shows up as a portal destination and that the hole I dug to reach the plateau was still there.

Not a huge loss, but annoying.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I played a bit of the flat version on PS4 today and this is definitely gonna be a VR-only game from now on.

The graphical cuts are obvious in the VR version but I couldn't get over how tiny everything looks now in the flat version. There's just no going back for me.

I've been playing since Day 1 and had a similar experience last night when I loaded up the flat version to take some screens. It was a weird sensation after multiple days of just VR, like being ripped out of the world and looking at a facsimile through a window. Everything was sharper but less substantial, less real. NMS has always done a good job of making players feel small, but that really shines through with the sense of scale VR provides. Definitely tough if not impossible to go back.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I figured out the Cannot build/must be attached to structure. Bases made up of components apparently don't count for some machinery. For the Medium Refiner I need a cuboid or cylindrical room. (Fuck off!)

Anyone know when/how I get blueprints for those??

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I figured out the Cannot build/must be attached to structure. Bases made up of components apparently don't count for some machinery. For the Medium Refiner I need a cuboid or cylindrical room. (Fuck off!)

Anyone know when/how I get blueprints for those??

The Nexus has structure blueprints

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just found a abandoned ship. How do I take it? Repair everything? It has like 15 broken parts

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
I just found a abandoned ship. How do I take it? Repair everything? It has like 15 broken parts

Some people say don't waste your time as the cost of repairs aren't worth it (and that's mostly true). But if you're still in your starter ship and looking to upgrade, check the value of the crashed ship and repair only the parts to get it off the ground. Then with very little effort (assuming the new ship is worth a good chunk more) you can trade the new ship in for something else.

You only need to repair the launch thrusters and pulse engines to get it to fly.

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

Yeah it's really annoying how so much is broken on crashed ships. Can't say I really liked the change. Same with the damaged machinery pods littered around planets. Why do I have to repair something to be able to salvage them? It's just more busy work :/

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
My main gripe with this game is that planets seem way too flat. I've warped like 15 times and haven't come across huge mountain ranges once. Kinda bumming me out.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some people say don't waste your time as the cost of repairs aren't worth it (and that's mostly true). But if you're still in your starter ship and looking to upgrade, check the value of the crashed ship and repair only the parts to get it off the ground. Then with very little effort (assuming the new ship is worth a good chunk more) you can trade the new ship in for something else.

You only need to repair the launch thrusters and pulse engines to get it to fly.
Great thanks. I am in starter ship. This ones worth 2,280,000. My ship is 385,000 haha.
Gonna try and repair

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, yeah, that is weird could be a bug or because you are doing main story quests and visiting atlus stations. Maybe freighter battles can't appear there or when you warp to a system that triggers a story event?

Well that's just great if it's a bug. Won't be getting a freighter for a very long time then. Kinda takes the wind out of my sails for this game tbh.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoops. Claimed this new ship but didn't see what it said about my inventory. Did it transfer stuff off my old one. This things worth millions

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
Tried PC VR last night. It was rough in space, but playable and pretty stunning looking. Then I landed on a planet and frames dropped so low I was seeing tearing and it was absolutely beyond unplayable. Real shame because the immersion is amazing when it works.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I made it to the nexus. Found the upgrade vendors and stuff. How come no trade station there? I had to leave to buy something. What's the easiest way to get back to nexus after you leave?

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you supposed to be able to randomly find ancient bones, or do you need to progress to some point first? I haven't found a single one, and I desperately need cash.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have some performance thread for the PC version of this game? Tried the search function here, but couldn't find any.

As always, the updates gives me plenty of performance issues, and this is no exception.

1. Crazy amount of stuttering when flying.
2. Framerate dips from 60 to less then 30 when I go under a roof at a trading post.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
Are you supposed to be able to randomly find ancient bones, or do you need to progress to some point first? I haven't found a single one, and I desperately need cash.

There's no progression requirement but they aren't on every planet. From space you need to do a scan and the planet description will say if ancient bones are present.

Once you're on the planet use your analysis visor/scanner to find the yellow home plate looking sites where you can dig up the bones with your terrain manipulator.

tiTkqyl.png

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The performance issues (and crashes) when having multiplayer enabled in the Anomaly seem completely fixed (PS4). Nice.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no progression requirement but they aren't on every planet. From space you need to do a scan and the planet description will say if ancient bones are present.

Once you're on the planet use your analysis visor/scanner to find the yellow home plate looking sites where you can dig up the bones with your terrain manipulator.

tiTkqyl.png

Yeah, I've been to like 10 systems so far and not found a single planet with them. Sad.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
I was playing earlier on PC and it was running fine, played something else for a while and coming back it's now running like shit.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Do we have some performance thread for the PC version of this game? Tried the search function here, but couldn't find any.
Yep. Here ya go.

Also if you're having frequent fps dips, check this below. I and others here have had good success with this from reddit.
This one fix from reddit fixed all the stuttering I was getting on PC. It would always happen when the foliage was drawing in. Not happening at all any more. Probably already been posted and sorry if I missed it, but wanted to share for others who are also dealing with this. Def give it a try.

Basically just changed the values both to 0 and no issues any more on an i5 4690.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: If you found something you want to come back to on a planet, drop a save beacon. It serves as a marker from space (shows up as a star icon) and persists until you pick it back up.
da9bff81f5.jpg

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I ran into a really nasty bug: When I first set up my main base shortly after Next launched, I put on top of one of the first round pre-fab base rooms I made a signal booster. While I was updating my base the other day, I picked up the signal booster and everything inside my base was deleted. I was able to recover from a save, but I wanted to give the FYI in case anyone has had portable tech sitting in their bases for a long time. Be careful when you pick them up.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, you can only connect structures to the launch pad after laying it down. I'm not sure if that's a bug or an intentional design choice by HG.

If that's so it's bad design they did increase the size of the pad possible it's a bug I'm also having issues walking through structures once connected.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only like 15 hours in and ive wanted one of these every step of the way. how long before i get access to one?
It's either really early on in the base building quest line or you can research it from the construction research unit. I had this in the first few hours.
Edit: It's from the Construction Research Unit.

1d54a2b44c.jpg

d8ba314801.jpg

Last edited:

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
How much variance is there in the first free Freighter? Can you get A or S class by refusing? Is it rare if so? How much slot variance, too?

My first offer is... 18 Slot B class.
Should I hold out by Declining?

Deleted member 42102

Banned
Apr 13, 2018
So just got on and I have two Hazard Protections in my inventory? What do? Already submitted a support ticket. Just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

nomanssky_201908201740kkrl.png

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Quick note on finding ships vs buying ships: check the inventory space of the ships before deciding. Most of the ships I find for sale have good stats but low storage. Most of the ships I FIND have decent specs and better storage. It's worth it (to me) to just fix it and have a solid ride than to save up and get something that ends up being a pain to use because of low space. I know the space is mostly based on ship class, but again, you can find a ship class that typically has low space as a fixer-upper with better space on it than one you can find that's for sale for the most part.

If you have the time why not get a somewhat better ride than your starter and use that as a jumping off point to fly around making money to save up for an expensive one with awesome stats? When I was playing Next I had 3 ships in my rotation: a fighter, a freighter, and an all-around type ship.

Hopefully I can get to that point soon with my new game in Beyond.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I've just been spat out of the portal after going through it for the first time, and I'm on a planet which is going to be my new home. No sentinels, no radiation etc. with beautiful vistas.
Yeah I'm at my 2nd system and first planet is a beauty other than hidden flytraps lol. No sentinels , built a base near a drop pod cuz I have no antimatter so I'm out but looking forward to return. Is there any planet that doesn't cost life support at all?

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
It's either really early on in the base building quest line or you can research it from the construction research unit. I had this in the first few hours.
Edit: It's from the Construction Research Unit.

1d54a2b44c.jpg

d8ba314801.jpg
that explains it. ive been completely ignoring most of the base building quests and almost anything vaguely base building adjacent 'cause all but one of the planets ive been on have been real wastelandish. now that i can craft warp cells i should warp back to that system, find that planet, and do some light base stuff.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Are moon pools bugged at the moment or am I not using it right? I attached one to a round, underwater room but I can't go through it. In or out of the Nautilon it remains unopened? I've never used one before so I'm not sure if I'm just doing something wrong. The room has power, if that makes a difference.