• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SnakeXs

Oct 28, 2017
Wtf you get Nanites for manually uploading scans? Has it always been like that? (VR) Is there any way to upload everything in one shot?

oakenhild

Oct 27, 2017
When you warp to another system, can you take that system's space station portal to get back to your base? Any other ways to easily get back without having to warp back to the original system?

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I charge the plasma launcher? Unstable plasma it says, but I can't craft that.

There's a lot of weirdness like that, where the game doesn't give you the recipes for stuff you kinda need, and it also doesn't tell you how to get new ones.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Fixed an issue where Gek players would float when sitting on the ground.

source.gif

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love this game, but so much broken shit. Now I need to do 2 contracts for the Gek for the main mission, and I have, but it still says 0/2 completed. Fucking annoying.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I love this game, but so much broken shit. Now I need to do 2 contracts for the Gek for the main mission, and I have, but it still says 0/2 completed. Fucking annoying.

This happened to me as well, but it's not a bug, just explained poorly. You have to do two missions for the Gek *faction*, specifically. Make sure to pay attention to the faction you get reputation for when completing the mission (it's listed in the mission rewards). Make sure it says Gek, and not one of the guilds.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
I was always a one base dude... but I feel so clever as I found a salvage planet and put up a second base. Teleported, Lansing pad, roamer geobay and a shelter.

10 millionaire in about 10 minutes.

Edit: and growing...

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
Started a new game with the Beyond update, and have been having fun. But one thing I can't figure out, and Google isn't being helpful, where do you get the blueprint for the Autonomous Mining Unit? I want to start auto generating copper.
Bumping this question, since I think it got lost at the end of the last page. Any help would be appreciated.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When do you get exocraft stuff? I've been playing for like 20 hours in Beyond, doing all the base tutorials I can, and still no sign of that stuff. I feel like you used to get there much faster?

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I was always a one base dude... but I feel so clever as I found a salvage planet and put up a second base. Teleported, Lansing pad, roamer geobay and a shelter.

10 millionaire in about 10 minutes.

Edit: and growing...

Salvage planet? Is that just a planet with lots of those ancient artifacts you have to bust out of those containers?

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I usually pearl hunt to make money, but holy shit bones are amazing. I will be setting up a new base just for easy access. I got $8mil in a few hours.

Bruceleeroy

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orange County
This game was on my radar before all the controversy but I passed on it. Now I'm seeing a lot of positive impressions. Can someone give me a breakdown on what they like about it?

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
man after almost 10 hours im still so confused, cant figure out basic stuff lol, like... how exactly do i use the cargo slot on my suit? there is one slot but i cant seem to be able to move anything on it. tried a bunch. i want to stack a lot of gold on it from asteroids :( if that even is a wise thing to do.

im warming up to the game though, how could anyone not love flying through the massive ring of a planet and land next to some weird anomalous energy being? and all these strange mineral structures. neat stuff.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Salvage planet? Is that just a planet with lots of those ancient artifacts you have to bust out of those containers?

I want to know this also - is it called "salvage planet" when you scan from space? I've never seen anything say salvage for a planet and really want in on this action so I can get some cash. Still found no way to make decent mobster abs it's getting frustrating. Can't afford a new multi tool, ship or buy a fleet!!!!!!!

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
man after almost 10 hours im still so confused, cant figure out basic stuff lol, like... how exactly do i use the cargo slot on my suit? there is one slot but i cant seem to be able to move anything on it. tried a bunch. i want to stack a lot of gold on it from asteroids :( if that even is a wise thing to do.

im warming up to the game though, how could anyone not love flying through the massive ring of a planet and land next to some weird anomalous energy being? and all these strange mineral structures. neat stuff.

That slot isn't actually unlocked I'm pretty sure, it just shows you that you can unlock a slot there.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017

You need to upgrade your exosuit and unlock the cargo slots. The best way to do it is to visit the exosuit research guy on each occupied space station. Just behind him is an exosuit you can click on (should have a little green light). From there, you can increase your capacity in either the main suit, the technology tab or the cargo tab. The other way is to find drop pods on surfaces of planets, collect the resources to repair them and then upgrade.

trumpet909

Oct 27, 2017
Having a strange issue where I have a Teleporter in my base that is powered up (Showing the blue swirl), I'm able to teleport out of it just fine. It's using electromagnetic power so it won't run out. But if I teleport back to the base from a space station, it always spits me out at the base computer acting like it's not there. Moving the teleporter doesn't fix anything. If my friend comes to my base, he can use it to leave but when teleporting back is spit out at the base computer. It seemed to work fine until about a few days ago. Anyone experience this before?

astroturfing

Nov 1, 2017
Suomi Finland
You need to upgrade your exosuit and unlock the cargo slots. The best way to do it is to visit the exosuit research guy on each occupied space station. Just behind him is an exosuit you can click on (should have a little green light). From there, you can increase your capacity in either the main suit, the technology tab or the cargo tab. The other way is to find drop pods on surfaces of planets, collect the resources to repair them and then upgrade.

ah. thanks.

Omanisat

Sep 25, 2018
North Bay, Canada
I've got 24 solar panels and 14 batteries and somehow I still can't make it through the night without the power failing. HG needs to add a nuclear reactor or something.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
^You can't even kill it with fire.^

Spend an hour in VR, spend another hour or more to stop feeling motion sick. Is this the cycle for everyone else?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know this also - is it called "salvage planet" when you scan from space? I've never seen anything say salvage for a planet and really want in on this action so I can get some cash. Still found no way to make decent mobster abs it's getting frustrating. Can't afford a new multi tool, ship or buy a fleet!!!!!!!
I've only encountered these salvage things once, and it was a planet that listed salvage in the planetary scan.

Nov 2, 2017
So I just took a several missions to kill sentinels. One was for 4, the other 8 I figure I'll knock them out simultaneously. Get to a frenzied sentinel planet and they were actually minding their business and not aggressive. It was a dead moon type low gravity. So, I thought that's weird, I launch my plasma Grenades at it, and kill a couple of them.. easy. Next two come out and I start attacking them, and I hear the mission complete chime. Next thing I know the sentinel shoots me one time and it melts my shield and kills me instantly... with one hit!!! I've never had that happen before and I had four health boxes and full shields. So I respawn and see that I had forgot to save. Fine, third generation.. go collect my grave, attack sentinels and I'm killed with one shot again. I manually save and try one more time. Killed again 1 hit. I roll back my save and just leave.

So did sentinels become overpowered or did I hit a glitch which made their damage values skyrocket?

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Have a few issues wondering if anyone can help. So I build a base, bought the blueprint for the storage container, and built one, has a zero in the corner. Reading you should be able to build more but it doesn't let me. Guessing the others are numbered but how to I get them on ps4?

I'm also in need of Mordite, game tells me to kill animals, so I have been but only getting meat chunks from doing so. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
I keep doing mission and stuff but no sign of an armourer to hire, is that normal?
I'm level 4 with the vyeks now but no luck.
I jumped and moved a lot, but he doesn't show up at all.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, Hello Games has been doing such an amazing job with these patches. The latest 3xperimental branch fixes the bug with Nvidia performance on Linux and the VR improvements are huge.

Framerate went from 25FPS -> 125FPS in my test location with the patch (without having to fake my GPU as AMD).

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
They're patching every work day, it's amazing. Anyone who says "lazy devs" for these workhorses should immediately burst into flames.

It seems they're moving towards patching some VR problems so I really hope the audio bug when using a DS4 in PSVR is high on their list. I've been listening to music instead of the game audio because I can't deal with it.

I went underwater for the first time in VR and it might be my favourite VR moment yet in NMS. The seaweed swaying, shadows of fishes on the sea floor, eerie glowing plants. I need to make an underwater base now.

I didn't play the patch that improved underwater biomes so it was a double hit for me, the behaviour of fish is so much more realistic now.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're patching every work day, it's amazing. Anyone who says "lazy devs" for these workhorses should immediately burst into flames.

It seems they're moving towards patching some VR problems so I really hope the audio bug when using a DS4 in PSVR is high on their list. I've been listening to music instead of the game audio because I can't deal with it.

I went underwater for the first time in VR and it might be my favourite VR moment yet in NMS. The seaweed swaying, shadows of fishes on the sea floor, eerie glowing plants. I need to make an underwater base now.

I didn't play the patch that improved underwater biomes so it was a double hit for me, the behaviour of fish is so much more realistic now.

They're definitely the opposite of lazy, but they do have a tendency to release large updates with issues that seem like they should have been found through testing. But yeah, they're doing spectacular patching work.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
They're definitely the opposite of lazy, but they do have a tendency to release large updates with issues that seem like they should have been found through testing. But yeah, they're doing spectacular patching work.
Yeah but I think that's the nature of the beast when combining a small team + unprecedentedly large scale and ambitious project. They don't have the farms of QA testers that AAA developers rely on.

NMS would really benefit from a beta testing cycle though, I'm not sure why they always drop their updates as public releases.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
^You can't even kill it with fire.^

Spend an hour in VR, spend another hour or more to stop feeling motion sick. Is this the cycle for everyone else?

I haven't had time to play for more than an hour, but so far I have had zero issues with motion sickness. I have been using PSVR since its launch though. So far the only game that has made me feel bad is Bound.

Vash63

Oct 28, 2017
I get sick easily in VR if there are any performance issues or latency. I turned my settings down fairly low relative to my hardware and disabled motion smoothing (was giving lots of artifacts) and I'm able to play comfortably.