• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
Is there a way to put more slots in the multi-tool or do I have to get a new one that has more slots already?

You would have to buy or randomly get awarded a new one from a monolith puzzle, or a Vykeen can occasionally try to give you one based off a answer. (Warning, the monolith is a gamble on what you get, I believe the Vy'Keen one you could decline..it's been so long)

That said, early game focus on blueprints so you can rebuild your tech if you swap tool, later game you can focus on one time modules to boost your core tech.

argonsmash

Oct 25, 2017
You would have to buy or randomly get awarded a new one from a monolith puzzle, or a Vykeen can occasionally try to give you one based off a answer. (Warning, the monolith is a gamble on what you get, I believe the Vy'Keen one you could decline..it's been so long)

That said, early game focus on blueprints so you can rebuild your tech if you swap tool, later game you can focus on one time modules to boost your core tech.

Thanks.

Nov 2, 2017
But I don't have an exocraft terminal or anything. Don't I need that? I have literally nothing to do with it, it hasn't even been mentioned. Seems like a weird thing to NOT bring up in the tutorial missions.

That gets brought up through the expanded base building sequence. After you hire the overseer, and farmer, scientist, armorer... the exo craft mechanic is the last worker you hire.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I am loving this game. I can already tell the reason I will quit is the inventory. It's always full. For fucks sake. The tech upgrades and stuff shouldn't take inventory spots.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
While I am loving this game. I can already tell the reason I will quit is the inventory. It's always full. For fucks sake. The tech upgrades and stuff shouldn't take inventory spots.
Almost everything you find is worthless. Hoarding makes the game much harder and adds to the grind.

Only keep what you need to charge your suit, your multi-tool and your ship. Sell or just discard the rest.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
This has been your first VR game, right? That's probably why. I used to only be able to play in bursts but now I can play for hours.
Yes. Longest I played was probably close to 3 hours without removing it and the following morning my head was still swimming.

Was talking to my friend that has a VR setup and he was mentioning that over time I get accustomed to it. Interesting stuff, but yeah, it's been sort of draining and exciting all at once.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Also, you can move allll your tech to the tech tab of your exosuit. Just use the backpack upgrade terminals in space stations to increase your tech slots.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

The huge stack increase helps with a full upgraded suit. What annoys me is that everything you pick up or blast gets added to your main suit instead of being added to the larger cargo stacks so I have to keep tossing or moving stuff all the time.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Got all the glyphs and managed to portal to an S class multitool. Need to start making money so I can buy me a better ship (or 5)

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so in my system I where I had ancient bones on one toxic planet I found salvagable scrap on an icy one, but there doesn't seem to be any hazards here except sentinels. So I'll be grinding along here for a while. Only problem is that I can't seem to find a base to sell things. I have scrap worth 4 million now, I don't want to go off the planet or I will be hunted down by pirates.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Okay, so in my system I where I had ancient bones on one toxic planet I found salvagable scrap on an icy one, but there doesn't seem to be any hazards here except sentinels. So I'll be grinding along here for a while. Only problem is that I can't seem to find a base to sell things. I have scrap worth 4 million now, I don't want to go off the planet or I will be hunted down by pirates.
you can build a mini base and build a trade terminal within it.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
I'm so addicted to this game in VR, it just really emerses you in the experience so much. I had the PSVR drift issues that I've seen mentioned earlier but moving my chair closes to the camera appears to have fixed them (I had to keep turning off the headset every 15 mins or so before that.

I've gotten used to the move controls too, even for flight. Resting the end of it on my knee and using it as a pivot seems to work best.

Just hope they bring a pro patch out soon - I can live with the blur but an improvement would be much appreciated.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Now that they've patched out the more egregious bugs, I'm back to loving this game.

Wiring is still hot trash, but otherwise the changes and improvements are ace.

I love how it's easier to get chromatic metal now. It used to be hell finding copper patches.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I just reached the Nexus/hub area for the first time. Are these real people I'm seeing running around? Obviously not the merchants, but I'm seeing a lot of ships coming through and NPCs that sometimes have PSN type names over their heads (but not all the time, which is why it's confusing). Also I was in VR and waving but no one was waving back, I assumed it's because not everyone plays in VR but then I thought I have no way of knowing if my hand movements in VR are being captured to the viewer the same way that they are for me. In other words, I'm not sure if they could tell what my hands were doing from their point of view, maybe I'd have to select "wave" from the gestures menu even if I'm in VR with full hand presence.

Or it could be that i was being obnoxious and everyone was just trying to get their shit and move on. I also didn't hear any voice chat but i may have that turned off.

Eighthours

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Anyone else has multi-tool upgrades disappear on them? Apollo got me to exchange 60 nanites for one from the technology merchant in a space station on a mission, and then the tool tips told me to install it. However, there was nothing to install in the multi-tool screen.Then I bought 2 upgrade modules from the same merchant. Still nothing there to install!

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I have now finished the Artemis path (except for the final thing you have to do), and now I'm doing the Atlas Path, and doing them in this order seems really weird? Like it doesn't make sense with what happens story-wise at the end of Artemis. Like these are two separate stories that are incompatible with each other.

Also, am I supposed to be getting Atlas seed blueprints? I'm not.

Separate question: Why does the game say "frost crystal supporting planet detected" when there are none? At least not from scanning them. Annoying.

Last edited:

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what happened but I just found some random alien guy who gave me a new multi tool! Woohoo!! Hell yeah

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else has multi-tool upgrades disappear on them? Apollo got me to exchange 60 nanites for one from the technology merchant in a space station on a mission, and then the tool tips told me to install it. However, there was nothing to install in the multi-tool screen.Then I bought 2 upgrade modules from the same merchant. Still nothing there to install!

The upgrades are in your exosuit inventory. They don't go into the multi-tool until you install them from the exosuit inventory.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
If you're struggling with inventory space, remember to keep mineable elements (ferrite, carbon, and pretty much every element with a 9999 units limit) in your Normal inventory, while craftable products (batteries, nanotubes, etc.) and other artifacts (Relics, Ancient Keys, etc) in your Cargo slots (because they stack to 10 instead of 5).

If you have a Freighter, use that to warp to other systems (it can reach every star color by default, and usually does longer jumps compared to your average ship), then dismantle hyperdrive upgrades from your ship to get back that extra space.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now the game gave me the Nautilus blueprint and made me build it, but I can't craft fuel for it! Lol, a lot of really stupid/broken shit like that.

Edit: Ok, I actually could craft the fuel after pinning it, but it's like I don't actually have the blueprint. It said "Craft %ITEM%" (which I'm also getting for some other things). Anyone else getting that? Beginning to think my game is broken. Which is why I stopped playing it last time. Sigh.

Last edited:

Eighthours

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The upgrades are in your exosuit inventory. They don't go into the multi-tool until you install them from the exosuit inventory.

There was no technology to install in the Exosuit inventory either, unfortunately.

EDIT: Ha, I thought they were in the technology menu, not just sitting on the Exosuit screen already in a slot. Aaaaargh! :D

Last edited:

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
The fix for Gek players floating when sitting is comical. When the animation begins they go into the old hovering position but then immediately float down to the ground haha.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Not sure what I should be doing at this point, to be honest. I want to build resource collectors to drop on top of Cobalt and copper deposits, I want to be able to talk to cartographers since they still won't talk to me or take my nav coordinates, and I want to hire those helpers at my base. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but with Next it was a lot easier to make progress.

Here's what my missions are currently:
Space Anomaly - continue the search for Artemis
Alone Amidst the Stars - reach the long distance transmitter
Freight Command - wait for fleet to return from mission
Base Computer Archives - (just built the Save Point)
Build Teleporter Receiver - (somehow got this blueprint and it auto created this mission)

Any help would be appreciated.

Oct 25, 2017
i wan to to conclude a mission in the cargo(debrief commander) and says "no free slots in the invetory", which inventory is that? mine or the cargo ship?

Last edited:

Deleted member 54292

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I'm about to buy a new Multi tool. Should I dismantle all tech in my old multi tool first or does it just transfer to the new one?

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what I should be doing at this point, to be honest. I want to build resource collectors to drop on top of Cobalt and copper deposits, I want to be able to talk to cartographers since they still won't talk to me or take my nav coordinates, and I want to hire those helpers at my base. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but with Next it was a lot easier to make progress.

Here's what my missions are currently:
Space Anomaly - continue the search for Artemis
Alone Amidst the Stars - reach the long distance transmitter
Freight Command - wait for fleet to return from mission
Base Computer Archives - (just built the Save Point)
Build Teleporter Receiver - (somehow got this blueprint and it auto created this mission)

Any help would be appreciated.

Follow Alone Amidst the Stars until the quest has you expanding your base with staff. Then most of the game mechanics are unlocked.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a trick to using the terrain manipulator or is it just really fiddly?

I wanted to create a nice flat plateau to start building a base on without bits of mountain clipping through the side or the whole thing floating in mid-air.

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
I've got 24 solar panels and 14 batteries and somehow I still can't make it through the night without the power failing. HG needs to add a nuclear reactor or something.
You need less solar panels and more batteries. As for nuclear reactor, the best is to just use the survey scanner, find an EM hotspot and put down an EM generator for power. No batteries needed and endless power.
Spend an hour in VR, spend another hour or more to stop feeling motion sick. Is this the cycle for everyone else?
On PC, you need to ensure you have a stable high framerate.
So did sentinels become overpowered or did I hit a glitch which made their damage values skyrocket?
How many S-class sheild modules do you have installed. Ideally, you need 3 to be able to handle them fine and also a personal shield for when they laster you.
Have a few issues wondering if anyone can help. So I build a base, bought the blueprint for the storage container, and built one, has a zero in the corner. Reading you should be able to build more but it doesn't let me. Guessing the others are numbered but how to I get them on ps4?

I'm also in need of Mordite, game tells me to kill animals, so I have been but only getting meat chunks from doing so. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Storage containers are number 0 to 9, only one per number per base. Create number 1 next, then 2 etc. You can also farm mordite.
I keep doing mission and stuff but no sign of an armourer to hire, is that normal?
I'm level 4 with the vyeks now but no luck.
I jumped and moved a lot, but he doesn't show up at all.
Make that mission the active one, then check the galaxy map for where you should be able to find him.
I'll try. Last time I went there it didn't give me option

Still can't find a ship vendor
The exosuit slot thing is to the right of the exosuit guy in the space station, it's the holographic exosuit floating. Ship vendor for buying ships? There isn't one, you buy them from NPC landing at stations and such.
I'm about to buy a new Multi tool. Should I dismantle all tech in my old multi tool first or does it just transfer to the new one?
Yes, you can do it from within the compare screen. You cannot transfer over upgrades with getting new multitools or ships.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017

I wanted to create a nice flat plateau to start building a base on without bits of mountain clipping through the side or the whole thing floating in mid-air.

I usually place a base piece and see what parts of the landscape are poking through it, remove the piece, mine away the parts that stick through then put the piece back. For base parts that hover you can stick supports underneath them.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I found a nice B class freight ship and dropped the starter ship to use it. I'm not interested in fixing all the broken slots so I just did enough for some storage and I'm thinking about trading it in. My question is it has some nice upgrades I don't have
(S class shield thingie, some booster upgrades like self recharge etc) and I see everyone says to break them down before selling or trading. Will i still have to buy those upgrades again and just use the materials I broke down or does it give the materials and the upgrade

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I found a nice B class freight ship and dropped the starter ship to use it. I'm not interested in fixing all the broken slots so I just did enough for some storage and I'm thinking about trading it in. My question is it has some nice upgrades I don't have
(S class shield thingie, some booster upgrades like self recharge etc) and I see everyone says to break them down before selling or trading. Will i still have to buy those upgrades again and just use the materials I broke down or does it give the materials and the upgrade
You'll get some materials, but you can only build what you have blueprints for. Most of your powerful upgrades come in the form of one-time use modules, so you'll have to purchase those. The S-class shield is something you'll have to buy. The self-charger for the launcher is, I believe, a blueprint upgrade.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
You'll get some materials, but you can only build what you have blueprints for. Most of your powerful upgrades come in the form of one-time use modules, so you'll have to purchase those. The S-class shield is something you'll have to buy. The self-charger for the launcher is, I believe, a blueprint upgrade.
And the blueprints you just find by digging around crashed ships right? I've only got about 8 hours in and I don't think I've upgraded or bought a single thing outside of extra exosuit space

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
And the blueprints you just find by digging around crashed ships right? I've only got about 8 hours in and I don't think I've upgraded or bought a single thing outside of extra exosuit space
I'm not positive how that works now, but IIRC that used to be one method.

Some can be unlocked for free through the major quests. I know you can pay nanites to unlock blueprints on the Space Anomaly.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not positive how that works now, but IIRC that used to be one method.

Some can be unlocked for free through the major quests. I know you can pay nanites to unlock blueprints on the Space Anomaly.
Oh good to know. I haven't been pursuing it too much early game but I thought maybe the anomaly upgrades were one use like space station ones. Thanks for the info

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh good to know. I haven't been pursuing it too much early game but I thought maybe the anomaly upgrades were one use like space station ones. Thanks for the info
Once you learn/unlock a blueprint, you can always craft that upgrade as long as you have the materials. These are also primarily the fundamental technologies and functionalities, so it's probably wiser to spend your nanites here than on the modules. The modules you get or purchase can only be installed once (although can be moved around your inventory) and most have semi-random stat boosts.

What's kind of confusing about the system is that once crafted, unless I'm missing something, it's hard to tell what originated as a blueprint and what as a module without simply having it memorized.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017

If you have enough materials, just build cuboid rooms. They'll flatten the terrain and eat away every piece of rock.
Then destroy them to recoup the material, the mountain will stay flattened

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Help me a bit. Found an Activated Cadmium planet I would like to build an industry on. The idea is to find an A or S mineral deposit and an electricity spot nearby?

If so, how nearby should they be?

argonsmash

Oct 25, 2017
Need some help. I can't find the build menu anymore in the PS4 version. When I press "up" on the direction pad it goes straight to portable technology.

What am I doing wrong? I want to build a base (I've previously built a base as part of the tutorial).

*Edit* NVM, I think I just need a base computer first...Uh, 6 hours of NMS today...maybe I need a break lol.

Nov 2, 2017
How many S-class sheild modules do you have installed. Ideally, you need 3 to be able to handle them fine and also a personal shield for when they laster you.

Thanks for the advice, I just have never experienced sentinels being able to take me down so quickly before. Played today and finished off some kill sentinels quest and they weren't nearly as tough even with the bipedal walker after me. Maybe I was a little to close and they changed the splash damage values for the plasma launcher.

At any rate, thanks for your reply, I do need to upgrade my shields.

dmoe

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The exosuit slot thing is to the right of the exosuit guy in the space station, it's the holographic exosuit floating. Ship vendor for buying ships? There isn't one, you buy them from NPC landing at stations and such.

Just found some. I have a 3 million credit ship was hoping to sell it for another ship. Every ship I looked at for some reason was not as good as mine but cost me like 600k? I think that was to trade it too? Maybe I need to double check it wasn't just adding it to inventory. Assuming you can have more than 1 ship.