• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
If you have a Freighter, use that to warp to other systems (it can reach every star color by default, and usually does longer jumps compared to your average ship), then dismantle hyperdrive upgrades from your ship to get back that extra space.

About that, my starship's hyperdrive is upgraded to the point where it can warp 6 times as far as my freighter, but I have no idea how to upgrade freighter hyperdrives or if you even can.

So, I'm stuck in a water planet- no thruster fuel, no di-hydrogen to be found.

What do I do?

Usually astreroids spawn everywhere in space so you can just blast them to get Tritium which fuels your pulse engine. If that fails, look for a fleet of freighters orbiting the planet, land on one, and buy some Tritium or Di-Hydrogen from someone inside.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
But I don't have an exocraft terminal or anything. Don't I need that? I have literally nothing to do with it, it hasn't even been mentioned. Seems like a weird thing to NOT bring up in the tutorial missions.

The exocraft terminal unlocks quite deep into the terminal quests but you don't need to do it.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Spend an hour in VR, spend another hour or more to stop feeling motion sick. Is this the cycle for everyone else?
This is not how everyone experiences is. Some folks, sure, but I've never had this experience with VR, and I've played NMS for 6 hours in VR (with one or two bio breaks).

No issues afterward.

I'll try. Last time I went there it didn't give me option

Still can't find a ship vendor
You have to switch to tech / cargo tab to unlock those slots.

So, I'm stuck in a water planet- no thruster fuel, no di-hydrogen to be found.

What do I do?
Plan ahead next time :P

You can join someone else's game, grab the resources you need, SAVE, then quit and load up your own game again.

My PSN name is MultiMoo, if you'd like to join my game. It should start you in a space station, or in space. I'll be jumping on right now to do some base building.

Feel free to join and grab whatever you need, or even hangout for a bit.

Draper

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Harrisburg, PA
This is not how everyone experiences is. Some folks, sure, but I've never had this experience with VR, and I've played NMS for 6 hours in VR (with one or two bio breaks).

No issues afterward.

You have to switch to tech / cargo tab to unlock those slots.

Plan ahead next time :P

You can join someone else's game, grab the resources you need, SAVE, then quit and load up your own game again.

My PSN name is MultiMoo, if you'd like to join my game. It should start you in a space station, or in space. I'll be jumping on right now to do some base building.

Feel free to join and grab whatever you need, or even hangout for a bit.

Ha, this game should be idiot proof! Just sent you a friend request

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
About that, my starship's hyperdrive is upgraded to the point where it can warp 6 times as far as my freighter, but I have no idea how to upgrade freighter hyperdrives or if you even can.
I've been trying to figure that out. I read on Reddit that they are sold from vendors on space stations, but only if you buy other upgrades first (even low level ones). As you free them of that stuff, new upgrades show up at the bottom.

Sounds plausible, never bothered buying anything under S class. Haven't tried yet though

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Probably around 5-6 hours in and still feels the systems are fighting me and i'm Scratching the surface. Found my first atlas station.

spent a bunch of nanites on multitool upgrades - optical laser, scanner upgrade - but I can't install them as I only have 6 slots. Any other tool I've found on space stations are 1m units or more, and I have maybe 100k max at any time? And juggling inventory is crazy still. I bought a few upgrade slots for my suit, and built a storage cube but imcant Access the cube on space stations so I can't use it to store expensive stuff, and can't use it on other planets so if I need eg warp coils (which I burn through really fast) it's just a pain. Does it improve soonish?

also can someone help me with Xbox one controller setup (using WiFi dongle) - eg I can't hold x to set a waypoint when scanning, and anything using up/down on the road seems very hit and miss whether it triggers.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Anyone know what the purpose of the "health" and "shields" pickups are? I find them in small crates as well as on small wall gizmos inside those small abandoned habitats.

Regardless of what my health or shields are at, any time I've used either of them it says I'm already topped up. It's been like this since I originally played back with Next.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
So is there just no way for me to get the Atlas Seeds if I did the Atlas path at launch before they were a thing?

Okay, related to this: Would anyone be willing to find an Atlas station then invite me to their game so I can see if I could possibly use it to restart the Atlas path? I can't find a station in my game and whenever I ask Polo for coordinates to one, nothing happens.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally found a nice planet to get serious about building a home base. No weird atmosphere stuff, chill sentinels, friendly wildlife and beautiful (red) fields.

piratethingy

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Welp a game finally got me to sit in my Rift allllll day long like I was playing Three Houses. Never done more than 2-3 hours before in almost two years. Put in 13 so far this weekend, can't stop.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
I'm probably in the minority but I am fucking loving the dead, low gravity planets. Not only is their silent atmosphere beautifully engrossing, but it's super fun to jetpack absurdly far and go Larvae collecting in the process.

It also helps that refining Larvae is probably the best way of making nanites I found. 50 nanites per egg is incredible when you consider you literally find 1 every minute or so on these planets.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
I think the weather's worse with Beyond. I found a nice lush planet that rains about 95% of the time. It stops for a few minutes and starts again LOL. 75% of the time it's stormy.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Alright I finally finished Outer Wilds and am now ready to move onto No Man's Sky for more space exploration. I couldn't help but keep thinking about NMS while playing Outer Wilds, and just wanting that further space exploration itch to be scratched but also the pure mystery of things. Super keen!

dreamstation

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Not really having a lot of fun with this to be honest. Have only managed to put about 7 hours into a new save game since Beyond released which has been played entirely in co-op with the missus on PS4 and the amount of issues we have encountered is staggering.

I don't think the game is designed to be played in co-op from the very start as we've had issues with story/tutorial missions not completing/updating for one or both of us (specifically the early base building ones) and we've also encountered a problem today where we were both still in the game but could not see each other. Had to restart game for that one to fix itself. There's also the issue of not being able to interact with NPC, trading post, etc at the same time.

Then there's all the other issues that we've experienced from flickering graphics, falling through terrain, fauna that fade in and out of existence which makes discovering them all even more of a pain than it already is, the horrendous pop in, poor performance at times, NPCs that glitch around, the list goes on.

Having only a very limited amount of time to play due to work and other commitments, it really stinks to lose so much time to issues like the above. They've certainly improved a lot of aspects of the game but there are a lot of glitchy things happening that weren't there with NEXT or even at release for that matter. Also still finding the early game a massive grind'a'thon which is a real turn off for time poor players such as myself.

Nov 2, 2017
Not really having a lot of fun with this to be honest. Have only managed to put about 7 hours into a new save game since Beyond released which has been played entirely in co-op with the missus on PS4 and the amount of issues we have encountered is staggering.

I don't think the game is designed to be played in co-op from the very start as we've had issues with story/tutorial missions not completing/updating for one or both of us (specifically the early base building ones) and we've also encountered a problem today where we were both still in the game but could not see each other. Had to restart game for that one to fix itself. There's also the issue of not being able to interact with NPC, trading post, etc at the same time.

Then there's all the other issues that we've experienced from flickering graphics, falling through terrain, fauna that fade in and out of existence which makes discovering them all even more of a pain than it already is, the horrendous pop in, poor performance at times, NPCs that glitch around, the list goes on.

Having only a very limited amount of time to play due to work and other commitments, it really stinks to lose so much time to issues like the above. They've certainly improved a lot of aspects of the game but there are a lot of glitchy things happening that weren't there with NEXT or even at release for that matter. Also still finding the early game a massive grind'a'thon which is a real turn off for time poor players such as myself.

IMO I'ts been the roughest launch yet in terms of the number of critical glitches early on and severe lack of polish, and yes they have quickly patched up the bulk of the issues and minimized others, but it was jarring just how glitchy 2.0 has been.

I'm use to a bit of junk for a couple weeks... but this was harsh. Still I'm positive they'll iron it out. I play a bit everyday, I just save often. When I tell myself I'll wait for more updates I end up playing anyway. It's crazy that I keep going back in. I've been neglecting Three Houses and Ultimate Alliance for Beyond.

I might have a NMS addiction.

TopherDL

Oct 25, 2017
Taking on pirate bounties in VR is a blast. The experience of being in a cockpit + being able to look out your canopy in all directions makes it far more engaging (and manageable). Pirate bounties are pretty much the only missions I'm taking at the moment.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
You need to upgrade your exosuit and unlock the cargo slots. The best way to do it is to visit the exosuit research guy on each occupied space station. Just behind him is an exosuit you can click on (should have a little green light). From there, you can increase your capacity in either the main suit, the technology tab or the cargo tab. The other way is to find drop pods on surfaces of planets, collect the resources to repair them and then upgrade.
Don't forget: the Anomaly also provides an exosuit slot per system, so summon it in any system you visit, and also go back and summon it in any you were in before you found it.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
How does storage work? Is there a way to put expensive (=you get attacked) stuff in a storage container and access it on space stations for selling, or when you're on another planet and might need to build with that material?

inventory management is a pain even with a few upgrades (and it doubles in price each time so gets out of hand quickly). Eg just making a warp cell you need three empty slots to build the components first and then the cell.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Is anyone else having an issue with the ongoing realtime Base Computer Archives mission? Every couple of hours it's supposed to refresh to let you check the base computer and get more blueprints, but since I build a second base, this mission always shows the base I'm not at as the red base icon indicating that I can check the computer. And checking either computer just brings up the base upload and screenshot menus.

It's not the biggest deal as I've been buying blueprints anyway but some free ones would be nice. Is this quest just not supposed to work with two bases if you've gone ahead of the game by making more yourself?

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
How does storage work? Is there a way to put expensive (=you get attacked) stuff in a storage container and access it on space stations for selling, or when you're on another planet and might need to build with that material?

inventory management is a pain even with a few upgrades (and it doubles in price each time so gets out of hand quickly). Eg just making a warp cell you need three empty slots to build the components first and then the cell.
Storage containers are only accessible at your base, so you could build a trade terminal in your base and sell them from there. Otherwise, if you get a freighter (you get one for free by rescuing one under attack at some stage), it has storage of its own and you can transport stuff to it (but not from it) while planetside.

Omanisat

Sep 25, 2018
North Bay, Canada
Storage containers are only accessible at your base, so you could build a trade terminal in your base and sell them from there. Otherwise, if you get a freighter (you get one for free by rescuing one under attack at some stage), it has storage of its own and you can transport stuff to it (but not from it) while planetside.
If you summon your freighter over your base, if you have storage at the base, you can send items from your freighter inventory to storage, then recover them groundside. Saves you having to fly up to the freighter to get something.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone else having an issue with the ongoing realtime Base Computer Archives mission? Every couple of hours it's supposed to refresh to let you check the base computer and get more blueprints, but since I build a second base, this mission always shows the base I'm not at as the red base icon indicating that I can check the computer. And checking either computer just brings up the base upload and screenshot menus.

It's not the biggest deal as I've been buying blueprints anyway but some free ones would be nice. Is this quest just not supposed to work with two bases if you've gone ahead of the game by making more yourself?

Hm, it still works for me with two bases (the second one is just a base computer).

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the finding Artemis mission when you enter the portal
and go to a really strange (electric/cybernetic?) world, i manage to grabbed a few electric cubes before i got teleported to an atlas building.

My first two bases are gone.., i can teleport but nothing is there, i guess i got the "teleport from nexus" bug, at least the big one with people is always there so far. I will just construct a portal on those two if i'm allowed to get out easily and fuck it, not much i can do to bring them back.

Your freighter. I think it may also mean "you will receive more items than you have free space" so not explicitly that you're already full.
Yeah, i wasn't understanding if it was the exo suit or the freighter, i only need one more space in the freighter.
Thanks.

Make that mission the active one, then check the galaxy map for where you should be able to find him.
It wasn't showing anything, so i talked to all the vykens i found until one got me dialog, i guess it was a bug, because for the farmer it showed me right away (same with the previous ones).

Hm, it still works for me with two bases (the second one is just a base computer).

I need to set that as my active mission in the logs for it to work. try that?

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
I think the weather's worse with Beyond. I found a nice lush planet that rains about 95% of the time. It stops for a few minutes and starts again LOL. 75% of the time it's stormy.
I don't really see any big differences. I have bases on two lush planets with no weather at all, so I guess you just need to search a bit more.
Storage rooms in your freighter maps directly to the storage containers in your bases, so you can use those to access storage.
If you summon your freighter over your base, if you have storage at the base, you can send items from your freighter inventory to storage, then recover them groundside. Saves you having to fly up to the freighter to get something.
You can send items to the freighter no matter where it is, and storage rooms on it allow you to access the container contents.

Kernal 64

#TeamThierry
Oct 28, 2017
NY
Taking on pirate bounties in VR is a blast. The experience of being in a cockpit + being able to look out your canopy in all directions makes it far more engaging (and manageable). Pirate bounties are pretty much the only missions I'm taking at the moment.

I couldn't agree more! I absolutely love the VR dogfighting. It took me a little bit to get a handle on the virtual HOTAS, but once I realized that your thrust stays at whatever you set it at and you don't have to keep gripping the thruster, that made things easier. It also helped when I found out how to switch weapons (left stick up) so I could use my upgraded weapons, lol. But it's great, adjusting speed to stay on someone's tail, rolling my ship to avoid incoming fire, boosting to lose a tail, flipping my ship end over end to fire at a pursuer... I love it so much! I feel like the space combat is much improved in this update and playing in VR makes it even better.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
So have I hit a known bug with the Artemis questline ? So I crafted the mid arc and it tells me to use the station teleported to deliver it to Artemis.

I've crafted it and on my galaxy map I am in the system it's marked but I don't get another market to visit Artemis ? I even teleported to previous stations and even warped to a new system and came back and nothing .

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Why is it so hard to find solanium? Am I just unlucky? Been searching for ages on a scorched planet with no luck.

Edit: Never mind, forgot you need to get it from the solar vines...

Last edited:

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So have I hit a known bug with the Artemis questline ? So I crafted the mid arc and it tells me to use the station teleported to deliver it to Artemis.

I've crafted it and on my galaxy map I am in the system it's marked but I don't get another market to visit Artemis ? I even teleported to previous stations and even warped to a new system and came back and nothing .
Try going through a blackhoke to reset the marker. I thibk you can get black hole coordinates from the anomaly.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Oh, where? Next to the skill tree marchant ?
Seconded. This is new to me. Whereabouts is this located?

It's in the area upstairs and to the right where various upgrade/research types for your base, ship etc. are located. I think it's to the right of the base guy. The suit one has a blue suit hologram behind him; just like on stations, this will be usable once per system to add storage:

wrJVA82.jpg

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
I picked up a twin pack of PS Move controllers today and it's pretty awesome in VR. One thing though: how the hell do I boost in an Exocraft in VR with Move? I've pressed every button and can't find it.

They really need a Move tutorial. I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't use the analysis visor and it turned out you hold your left hand to the side of your head and press the main button. Which is cool and easy to use but TELL ME.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
so i finally started it last night and on my starter planet there was a golden tower with ladders that seemed to be some sort of voice mail thing.is this story related or something,i never found one on my launch play through?

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I've seemingly hit a bug with the manufacturing facilities where I don't get the popup to select my reward. Near as I can tell I'm getting nothing. The dialogue just ends.