• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I'm not using the experimental branch, but I think you could just build 3x the extractors to get the same output as before. Although the nerf does incentivize finding S-class deposits, being able to search for deposits by type should help with that.

Also, I overlooked this change: "Fixed an issue that caused some base parts (particularly refiners) to reset when the player left their freighter or current planet."

This should make nanite farming more viable.
Oh god this will be good . I've lost countless resources this way. Looks like a dupe glitch is back too . I'm actually going to use it to dupe modules to pimp my starship fleet .

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Damn! There goes my activated indium farm...never even finished it. Less than a third of the output when this patch hits..nerfin', nerfin' nerfin' along.
If you can't collect hourly like me just add storage. I collect once per day only so having storage is most important

Update - you may want to avoid multiplayer nexus for the next while if you don't want free items messing up your progress.(ppl who don't want help)... it's like Xmas in there with the dupe glitch in full swing. Expect to receive multiple stacks of stuff per minute and they're not doing it out of kindness lol

Last edited:

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
If you can't collect hourly like me just add storage. I collect once per day only so having storage is most important

Update - you may want to avoid multiplayer nexus for the next while if you don't want free items messing up your progress.(ppl who don't want help)... it's like Xmas in there with the dupe glitch in full swing. Expect to receive multiple stacks of stuff per minute and they're not doing it out of kindness lol
How would free duped items mess things up for you?

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
How would free duped items mess things up for you?
Lots of people don't want to make the game trivial or easy or use exploits to get ahead. Goes for any game really . So if you're one of those people and you go into nexus and get 3 stacks of activated indium in 5 minutes that could be a big deal for some. I was giving away full stacks of platinum all night while duping starship modules only . I wanted to equip my whole fleet for travel but I also didn't want to dupe everything I earned either. However I will say if I had freighter salvage on me I would have duped that shit to hell and back.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Lots of people don't want to make the game trivial or easy or use exploits to get ahead. Goes for any game really . So if you're one of those people and you go into nexus and get 3 stacks of activated indium in 5 minutes that could be a big deal for some. I was giving away full stacks of platinum all night while duping starship modules only . I wanted to equip my whole fleet for travel but I also didn't want to dupe everything I earned either. However I will say if I had freighter salvage on me I would have duped that shit to hell and back.

Oh god yes, I found one in the opening hours of the game and no more in 150 hours... I feel I may need to do some guilt free duping if its still possible. They're rare as rocking horse shit :P

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Gotcha makes sense. I've dumped quite a bit of hours into NMS at this point but I still haven't used my fleet much at all because the first couple of times having to crawl over the thing to repair it was too tedious for me. I wouldn't mind doing some things to make that less likely. Duping is only in the Nexus I take it?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Gotcha makes sense. I've dumped quite a bit of hours into NMS at this point but I still haven't used my fleet much at all because the first couple of times having to crawl over the thing to repair it was too tedious for me. I wouldn't mind doing some things to make that less likely. Duping is only in the Nexus I take it?

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread (though I forget who, apologies) that frigates won't become damaged if you have a combat strength higher than 40. I've not had anything come back damaged after trying that, though I have only done a handful of missions.

Duping is on the nexus Exit ship to force save > transfer what you want duped from ship to suit > Transfer something you don't want from suit to random player > reload save... You'll end up with a copy of what you want duped in your ship and suit, combine back to ship and then repeat.. There are some clearer guides out there though just in case.

After my previous post I have partaken, though only for a handful the freighter modules, at one per 150 hours (and I've done quite a bit of freighter salvaging) I have no qualms about "cheating" this time :D

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
After my previous post I have partaken, though only for a handful the freighter modules, at one per 150 hours (and I've done quite a bit of freighter salvaging) I have no qualms about "cheating" this time :D
I'm of the the same mind set. Half the fun in the game is resource management so I don't mind putting in the work with farming etc but I've yet to find a single module and I imagine I'll want to do the same thing when I finally come across one lol

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm of the the same mind set. Half the fun in the game is resource management so I don't mind putting in the work with farming etc but I've yet to find a single module and I imagine I'll want to do the same thing when I finally come across one lol

Yeah I've not really "cheated" any aspect of the game, but the drop rates for the modules are just terrible, even post change you'd sill be looking at hundreds of hours for the... is it 20 something you need in total now? I have a few stacks to give out if and when people need after my fun in the nexus :D

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've not really "cheated" any aspect of the game, but the drop rates for the modules are just terrible, even post change you'd sill be looking at hundreds of hours for the... is it 20 something you need in total now? I have a few stacks to give out if and when people need after my fun in the nexus :D
What platform you on? I may hit you up at some point. I haven't actually used the Nexus once in all my 60hrs or so lol

Kernal 64

#TeamThierry
Oct 28, 2017
NY
lol I guess that duping thing is why I got a stack of 13 parafinium last time I was in the Nexus.

EasyMode

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Huh so just attack any frigate in the system and run away ? Will try this
Yes. However, you will lose standing with the system's race for every ship you attack though. So I only attacked ships with a lot of cargo pods like this:

cargo5rkt4.png

Each pod has random loot, including salvaged frigate data. Afterwards you may have to destroy a few sentinel ships before you can warp away.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Yes. However, you will lose standing with the system's race for every ship you attack though. So I only attacked ships with a lot of cargo pods like this:

Each pod has random loot, including salvaged frigate data. Afterwards you may have to destroy a few sentinel ships before you can warp away.
Pfft I'll destroy them too I have a fighter with 6 shields ready to roll.
Thanks for the tips
Update - got my one frigate salvage now I'll be duping it to like 50. Not taking any chances lol

Last edited:

Ion Stream

Oct 31, 2017
I checked out the PSVR patch 1 but haven't been back since the first improvement to the image quality. Have they got it to look any better since that first patch? Any news on better pro support?

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
I just picked this up again; I waited for all the bugs from the Beyond release to settle down. I've got 200+ hours in to NMS and still enjoy picking the game up time and again. It's a very chill and meditative experience. The Beyond update has plenty of new stuff to do, I'm working may way through some industrial mining setups and just got started on cooking. It's fun! I'll get bored of it before too long, like I always have before. Beyond is impressive but I'm beginning to think it's time for Hello to move on to a new game engine, something not so wedded to this particular type of inventory and economy, and something with a different set of generative world algorithms.

The odd thing to me in Beyond is how aggressively multiplayer it is. The Space Anomaly stuff with its default to group quests is really, really strikingly different than the lonely experience of the original game. I actually worked my butt off to warp to the Galactic Hub back in the days when that was really difficult, just to have some sort of very limited social experience in the game. I'm not sure if this new stuff is fun or not, but it's definitely social!

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Still hoping they add actual room scale or even 360 degree support to PCVR. Not holding my breath though. I can live without it and still enjoy playing, but it would be SO much better with it which kind of makes me not want to play as much right now.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow, this thread got very quiet. Wonder what happened?

I think once people get to grips with the new content there are fewer reasons to come here and ask questions about how x and y work (which TBH makes up a goodly part of the usual back and forth), people just content themselves with whatever goal they have at that time and it doesn't really necessitate much interaction.
I'd also posit that though the game has added more and more social aspects there are still a lot of players who still play it as that original solitary experience.

I've put an equal amount of time into BEYOND as prior updates (perhaps a little too much) and are still as happy to dip in, like afrodubs says though I've not really anything exciting to talk about here. That and other games are abound, tried a little more Destiny 2, Outer Worlds out soon... I've also persuaded my wife to binge watch Babylon 5 for the first time so not as many hours free to play :P

[edit] Though I do really want to try PSVR again, not touched it since day 1, and I was more excited to get my fresh save started than getting to grips with VR.

[edit 2] Its kind of the same for the Discord and Xbox Club we setup back during NEXT(?), Its not the kind of game that particularly thrives nor requires a constant buzz so after a few weeks of post launch excitement people just settle back to doing what they want and don't really need much conversation, at least in my experience.

Last edited:

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
2.15 downloading, almost 5GB

2.15 Patch Notes
  • Added Featured Bases to the teleporter on the Space Anomaly.
  • The list of featured bases will change periodically to highlight the best the base building community has to offer.
  • The Featured Bases lists allows anyone aboard the Space Anomaly to easily visit and be inspired by other base creators.
  • Bases featured in the list are protected to keep them as their architect intended.
  • Added a new series of story-based mission to the Nexus.
  • These missions are available each weekend and will advance over the course of the coming months.
  • These missions are highlighted when viewing the Nexus mission board and reward a large amount of Quicksilver.
  • Missions will involve using a portal to travel to a unique destination. This destination is shared across the entire community.
  • Fixed an issue that caused galactic generation on PS4 to be out of sync with other platforms. This caused some system to vanish with the arrival of Beyond. These systems have been fully restored. As a result, however, some of the new and erroneously-created systems have been hidden on the galaxy map. These systems can still be visited via teleporter if bases have been established there.
  • Fixed a number of issues related to the display of base screenshots in the Space Anomaly Teleporter list.
  • Fixed an issue that caused reported bases to linger in the save-game of those who reported them.
  • Allowed bases to be reported via the Build Menu, for instances where the base computer is not locatable.
  • Added an autosave when handing in a mission on the Nexus.
  • Added a community goal progress tracker above the Quicksilver shop in the Space Anomaly.
  • Added a notification to clarify that your position is not saved while undertaking a multiplayer mission from the Nexus.
  • Added the name of the current galaxy to the Galactic Map.
  • Increased the stack size of Living Pearls.
  • Added an icon to Kelp Sacs that appears when scanned, similar to sodium and oxygen-rich plants.
  • Fixed an issue that caused long load times and poor performance around bases with complex power and wiring setups.
  • Fixed an issue that caused tagged markers not to clear when their object was used.
  • Fixed an issue that caused glitches in water rendering when entering the atmosphere.
  • Fixed an issue where players could get stuck when performing a gesture while seated.
  • Fixed an issue where NPC ship pilots would get out of their ship and become stuck within its landing gear.
  • Fixed a number of issues that prevented switches being used when visiting other bases.
  • Fixed an issue where background missions can update and disrupt a Nexus mission.
  • Fixed an issue where Ares had the wrong head.
  • Fixed a crash in network replication.
  • Fixed a number of rendering crashes.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing discoveries.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So for a few weeks now I can't get my controller to work right (steam). I tried with the generic Xbox one controller (pdp brand) that I've been using for over a year, I tried my steam controller, and I even paired up another controller, but nothing is working right. Even loading up community profiles results on nothing. A button consistently opens chat lol. Most other buttons do nothing.

Help?

All I want is the audio glitch when using DS4 + PSVR to be fixed, please Sean please 🙏
Yes also this. It's the only reason I stopped playing VR and ps4.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Patch landed today fixed the controller bullshit. Community mission kept breaking as I went to turn it in multiple times. This was the straw that broke the camel's back and I finally downloaded a save editor. Got enough QS to not ever have to be pissed if a mission breaks again in the future.

Nelson

Oct 1, 2019
California
I just did the first "weekend mission", the special community mission. It was... fine? It also seemed like an awfully hamhanded way to keep people interested with scripted content. Between that and the heavy emphasis on multiplayer interaction I'm left a little confused with the direction NMS has taken in 2.0. It's all OK but nothing great and seems like a far remove from the unique things about NMS. Those are still present though, so far enough.

I've enjoyed building up some industrial resource collection operations. I finally figured out that while you can't run short range teleporters very far you can pipe the collected materials a long way, particularly with a depot or two on the path to help bridge them. So now I can just go to one spot where my electrical, mineral, and gas collection all gets funneled into a simple-to-collect place.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone on Experimental branch notice the community progress is now at 0%? I need those tiers to fill up to 3!!!

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Here at the studio we're busy working hard on some impactful future updates. However, there are a number of polish features that we just couldn't wait to release – addressing areas of the game we knew folks in the community were crying out for. We're currently in the process of grouping these into something we're calling the Synthesis update, and we're excited to be able to let you know that this update is planned for release very soon.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
100% on all platforms. Now my dilemma of rocking my years-long Gek self or to switch over to Ares the see-through brain synapse dream.

Unfortunate Ares doesn't have as much customization as the other 2 added races. I think that's what's holding me back the most - don't want to be homogeneous with all the others.

Deleted member 49179

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2018
This patch seems so great. There are a lot of improvements.

Bulk uploading of discoveries!!
Functional improvements to the base building snapping system!

Also, I'm looking forward to this one:
Fixed a number of LODing issues with trees and grass, improving the visuals on some specific lush planets.

cdr Jameson

Oct 27, 2017
"Fixed an issue that prevented the 'Upload All' button from working in the Discovery Page."

I will be getting so many nanites now. Because it was too tedious I stopped uploading my discoveries...

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Unfortunately cockpit view on vehicles is unusable. Tried the pilgrim and my turn radius was 0. Looking to the left or right with the right analog stick allowed me to slightly turn, but it is undriveable.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
So when they say they improved the space map what they mean is they improved the cockpit radar. It basically looks like the cockpit radar in Elite now.

The discovery screen is improved -- what I really want though is the ability to put a waypoint on any planet in a system from anywhere in a system so I don't have to turn towards a planet to find it, or potentially fly around another planet to see if the planet I'm looking for is hiding behind it.