• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
s01mkj7e.png
s02csjgo.png
s03j4ktu.png
s04nmjbs.png
s05jhkpy.png
s0620j8s.png
s07avjas.png
s08rnjyu.png
s099hkx1.png
s10slj0n.png
s11fkkpz.png
s122rk9p.png
s13skjll.png
s14dcke0.png
s153ojhc.png
s16j9kn0.png

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
IF YOU'RE EXPERIENCING BUGS PLEASE SUBMIT A BUG REPORT USING THE LINK BELOW:

This is by far and away the most efficient route to getting your issue looked at and resolved, and can help others experiencing the same problem.

- - - - - - -

Just some quickfire notes on the OT:
  • Please excuse any typos for the next few days, as well as any inconsistencies brought up by Beyond changes
  • Now we have patch notes, need to make the Beyond section about 5x bigger (thanks Sean)
  • While doing this I will also do the ARG section that Lamptramp kindly wrote up.
  • In exporting I'll look at compression options to bring the size down
  • In implementing I'll see how is best to do the social links so please bear with me while these are down
I expect all will be done and up within the coming few days.

All the best and thanks for reading/visiting the new NMS OT.

- Kyuuji

* reserved*

Last edited:

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Just an apology first of all guys. This was my first picture-based OT and I intended it to be completely seamless, only realising just now that spacing is automatically added between images even if there's no line break between the tags in the code. Which, after twelve straight hours grinding on it through the night with a fractured ankle, has left me a little irritated. I had already planned on having a cleanup because the deadline was so tight on account of the lost weekend, but this adds to it extensively as I have to try and mitigate the sizes and the breaks to get as much flow as possible. I can't do just one long image due to the resolution and size, hosts take a shit.

Aside from the the remaining notes are:
  • This has not been proof-read or checked for consistency so please excuse errors for the coming week
  • Lamptramp has put in work doing a full summary of the ARG that is a priority for inclusion in the next few days
  • The social buttons are non-functional at the moment while I figure out the above layout issues
It's the lack of sleep and general tiredness from the accident that has me irritable but it's such a crushing disappointment after everything. I was really gunning to hit this, download the update and be able to soak in with it with y'all. I need to seriously catch up on kip with a power nap while the update downloads, and will try to fix the above as soon as possible over the coming week.

All the best and thanks for reading/visiting my OT.

- Kyuuji

* reserved*

It looks great. Nice work. Don't be mad at yourself :)

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the line breaks were intended, and it actually helps with readability - been better able to distinguish each section of the OT. Good work!

...my download is a 2GB after 20 mins... argh!!!

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
It looks great. Nice work. Don't be mad at yourself :)
Thanks (and others), and I know. I'm really happy with where it's at sans cleanup it's just the breaking up that kills me. Even that's only because I've literally been staring at this from betweet 25% and 600% for the past 12 hours. There's so many little elements in there people will likely never notice but I'm really pleased with.

Now to actually download the update haha!

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Very excited, just read through the patch notes and I cannot wait to jump in. Gonna make a new save in pancake mode then see if I can try out VR before bed. Don't wanna jump the gun too hard, but screenshots and changes/ additions makes it seem like NMS is becoming sort of like a minecraft-like game now, which I really like.

Also great OT, lookin good.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I thought the line breaks were intended, and it actually helps with readability - been better able to distinguish each section of the OT. Good work!

...my download is a 2GB after 20 mins... argh!!!
I appreciate you, definitely a case of being in it for so long I'm losing the forest for the trees so Sean probably did my a favour by forcing my hand.

Oct 25, 2017
Loving the OP! Especially the breakdown of prior updates- it's really useful as a new player to see what's previously happened with the post launch development.

I've had my PS4 since February when it was on sale, waiting for the next huge update. It's finally time to install and update!

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Great OT and eager to jump in after I last spent some time with the game back when NEXT released. Is the update up yet?

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Let's go! Ive been playing nonstop since Friday, my very first time ever playing the game, all in anticipation of the VR drop. I'm loving it and I can't wait to get off work and take my experience BEYOND!!

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also interested in how the VR support is

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Have it on PS4, but just bought it again on PC to play with my Rift.
Haven't played the game in over a year (didn't check the last big update), so looking forward to A TON of new content.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
Incredible work Kyuuji.
Curious to see the new scale and new textures of my beautiful hauler. Hope it also got improvements to maneuverability because after Atlas Rises it started handling like the Titanic

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Oh my god I'm such an idiot lol..

Spent the past 12hrs pushing pixels around the screen and only now realised I don't even have NMS downloaded anymore (from when I moved to the X). Lmfao. Well, when everything gets done I'll be sure to post my PSVR impressions!

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Is it sad that one of the things I'm most looking forward to doing is building a little hut overlooking an ocean, plop a chair down outside and just sit in it and watch the sun set?

Gong

Oct 25, 2017
Kyuuji

The OT is stunning, what an amazing job you've done! I've got enough going on without you hyping me up to get back to this! At this point I'd have to start again which puts me off a bit as I'd be totally lost otherwise. Might be a nice break though, just bimble around the galaxy, find planets, give creatures deeply innapropriate names and explore. Urge to let my inner Shackleton loose rising...

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Is it sad that one of the things I'm most looking forward to doing is building a little hut overlooking an ocean, plop a chair down outside and just sit in it and watch the sun set?
I was playing the game yesterday and at one point basically just sat my character down and watched the [awesome] clouds rolling over.

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh nice! Still preferred my idea of Beyond being in the game title and VR! replacing Beyond in the saying but alas.

Can't wait. Still torn on a fresh start. Not sure I want to deal with so much gathering with limited space again (not like I'm always full anyway lol)

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a lot of this at launch (never "beat" it though), then a bit when Next was released, but now I'm fucking ready to jump back in for real. Save deleted, update downloading.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its amazing how many features are buried in the patch notes at the bottom of their page and arent mentioned at the top with the graphics.

www.nomanssky.com

Beyond Update - No Man's Sky

BEYOND: INTRODUCING UPDATE 2.0 Update 2.0, Beyond, massively expands the multiplayer experience introduced in NEXT, takes immersion to a whole new level with fully-fledged Virtual Reality, overhauls base building, NPCs, technology trees, and much, much more. Marking the three year anniversary of...

Jul 26, 2019
The Netherlands
WOW what a beautiful (and helpful) OT!

I'm going to play this game for the first time ever, in VR, I am very curious!

My only 'problem' is I can only dive in this weekend, so no soonish impressions from my side, sorry guys..!

Already looping forward to your impressions, though!

Have fun, everybody!!

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Ooh nice! Still preferred my idea of Beyond being in the game title and VR! replacing Beyond in the saying but alas.

Can't wait. Still torn on a fresh start. Not sure I want to deal with so much gathering with limited space again (not like I'm always full anyway lol)
In the patch notes it says they massively increased how much resources you can hold. (250 to 10,000 I think?)