• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 2, 2017
This is what I'm waiting on, too. I hate not being able to turn the camera 180 degrees without seeing grass suddenly pop into existence a few feet away.

It's tough, I played a bit last night through the glitches. I was building storage units on my freighter, back to back and in between the rooms you could literally see space outside. Was scared to walk over that spot so I had to take the long way around. I've played about 10 hours since Beyond launches, but would rather hold off a bit until it's in a better state.

...still it's hard to stay away because I love this game.

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
So I took a break from my 51hr normal mode play to mess around in the sandbox mode

They gave me a crashed class A ship to fix, everything is free and it was on a blissful planet

My God that mode is seductive

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
What are these physical 'standing' rewards? I got some Korvax and Mercenary standing in a form that takes up storage space. I can't tell if I'm supposed to keep this stuff for some reason or it's just an extra step to getting more units as mission rewards.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
It's tough, I played a bit last night through the glitches. I was building storage units on my freighter, back to back and in between the rooms you could literally see space outside. Was scared to walk over that spot so I had to take the long way around. I've played about 10 hours since Beyond launches, but would rather hold off a bit until it's in a better state.

That's how I feel too, honestly. I've put 30 hours in since Beyond launched, and about 150 total since the game first released. I love it, and it's hard to pull myself away and wait for these technical issues to be sorted out, but at the same time they're really putting a damper on an otherwise pretty great expansion. Especially when I think about the fact that it wasn't always like this.

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Anyone offer a little advice? My Base Computer mission is now at the "Medium Refiner" I have all the mats to build it but it's red no matter where I try to place it and says "Cannot Build /// Must be attached to a structure"

I've tried outside. I've tried on the floor of my base. Bug? Or am I missing something?
Just create a floor with a flat metal piece or similar and place it on top of it.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
What's the right amount of navigation data to keep on you? Because I'm sitting on like 40 or something.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017

FWIW the gaps between storage units are visual only, you can safely walk over them

devenger

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
So after 2.06 I was getting a lot of graphical errors, whole forest of tree leaves popping in at once, my ship phasing thru a landing pad and the ground below.

Now 2.07 update is downloading and stuck.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
The game is just unplayable to me. The crashes and losing all your progress as a joiner in multiplayer is still there and it's too often to be okay. The controls need tons of work, and lots more options, especially turning off hand pointer movement. That being on by default in locomotion mode is just not acceptable.

NotSelf

Oct 26, 2017
Just tried PS4 online in the anomaly works so much better no crashes so far only noticed a little bit of lag when entering I also saw a possessed starship going crazy in mid air. Did my first mission with a random player it was the space pirate fight I was worried I was going to shoot my team mate but we completed the mission.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
So I located this giant portal and fed it all the mats I needed to "activate" all the symbols. Now it asked me to travel through the portal or request the planet's address. I tried to travel through, but it gave me a bunch of blank spaces with nothing filled in. Then I requested the address and a bunch of symbols appeared on screen (took a screenshot).

What am I looking at here and is there a way to remember where this is and how to come back?

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I located this giant portal and fed it all the mats I needed to "activate" all the symbols. Now it asked me to travel through the portal or request the planet's address. I tried to travel through, but it gave me a bunch of blank spaces with nothing filled in. Then I requested the address and a bunch of symbols appeared on screen (took a screenshot).

What am I looking at here and is there a way to remember where this is and how to come back?

Did you find this randomly? Then that's the address you (or anyone else) can use to teleport there from another portal.

If it's the one you find through a quest, just keep following it. You don't need to remember the glyphs.

Cats

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have some performance thread for the PC version of this game? Tried the search function here, but couldn't find any.

As always, the updates gives me plenty of performance issues, and this is no exception.

1. Crazy amount of stuttering when flying.
2. Framerate dips from 60 to less then 30 when I go under a roof at a trading post.

We are having the same issues. 8800k 1080ti. For me, it runs usually at 45fps except in space where it's fine, everything on off, lowest, and Steam SS modifiers off. If you're near a base with a few rooms, forget it, it just freezes to 1fps and then you stick with a frozen headset for a minute as it loads or it crashes.

Saprol

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Returned to my old base to find everything's dead unless I'm burning tons of carbon or I scrounge up enough research for solar & batteries. Wires are always visible unless I tear the place apart to conceal them under floor panels.

Not excited by a content update forcing a bunch of busywork to regain what I had before.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Found this beautiful planet today, which unfortunately shows just how bad the pop-in and draw distance issues are. Right after I land I find a fairly dense, gorgeous forest and it all kinda goes downhill from there.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah it's really annoying how so much is broken on crashed ships. Can't say I really liked the change. Same with the damaged machinery pods littered around planets. Why do I have to repair something to be able to salvage them? It's just more busy work :/

Yeah it's really annoying when 80% of the cargo slots are busted and require rare/expensive components to fix.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Ah think I got a bug... I had an old save from when Next came out and I jumped back in, so with beyond i just continued that save cause I was already 40+ hours in. Just got to the part where I had to make a Mind Arc, and I have made 6 of them now and the game keeps telling me to bring the Mind Arc to Artemis. But the point to go to just keeps switching between the Space Station and my portal on my base at the planet I'm at. Bummed. Can't seem to get past this. Quick google search looks like it's an older issue mainly on pc, but I'm on ps4pro.

Nov 2, 2017
Ah think I got a bug... I had an old save from when Next came out and I jumped back in, so with beyond i just continued that save cause I was already 40+ hours in. Just got to the part where I had to make a Mind Arc, and I have made 6 of them now and the game keeps telling me to bring the Mind Arc to Artemis. But the point to go to just keeps switching between the Space Station and my portal on my base at the planet I'm at. Bummed. Can't seem to get past this. Quick google search looks like it's an older issue mainly on pc, but I'm on ps4pro.

Try Reseting the quest from the mission log screen. Start the quest again and it will spawn the quest for you in a closer system.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Try Reseting the quest from the mission log screen. Start the quest again and it will spawn the quest for you in a closer system.
So I currently have 2 quest as primary missions both involving the Mind Arc. One is called The Space Anomaly, which requires me to talk of Null to Nada, which I've done, and then says to construct a Mind Arc, which I've also done multiple times and it's unchecked. Then I have a primary mission named The First Traveler, which had the steps to building a Mind Arc, and the last step says to assemble a Mind Arc, but that's also unchecked. Looks like I'm not getting it to recognize I have made the Mind Arc.

And I'm not seeing any way to reset these primary missions on ps4. Any suggestions?

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Found this beautiful planet today, which unfortunately shows just how bad the pop-in and draw distance issues are. Right after I land I find a fairly dense, gorgeous forest and it all kinda goes downhill from there.

Yeah the pop-in feels worse now than ever.
I've been playing on Xbox (X) and rocket-jumping everywhere - which I'm sure only makes things worse - and there were frequent moments when I landed and waited a second or two for the rocks to pop up all around me. Pretty jarring.

Also flying somewhat low to the ground kills my framerate.
I could always set it to "performance mode" I guess :/

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I've been playing since Day 1 and had a similar experience last night when I loaded up the flat version to take some screens. It was a weird sensation after multiple days of just VR, like being ripped out of the world and looking at a facsimile through a window. Everything was sharper but less substantial, less real. NMS has always done a good job of making players feel small, but that really shines through with the sense of scale VR provides. Definitely tough if not impossible to go back.

I also will not play NMS on flatscreen now that I've played it in VR.... Also... the jet pack is super fun in VR. I think I'll be spending on upgrades to it just so I can jet pack more. Just finding those blue little plants is just awesome. Now I want a game where I have a full jetpack *grin*.

It's a shame you can't sit or ride animals in VR :(. Also, any other VR players find they cannot name their finds? It kinda freezes the game for me (like it brings up the text box but no keyboard and it does nto respond to my controller. THe game goes on in the background (and no, keyboard doesn't work either) and I found I can get it to return to the game by going to the desktop in my VR helmet and then back to the game. At which point it will have uploaded the find with the name it came with. I already reported the bug but it is consistant with me.. just wondering if anyone else has this or how it actually works when it works.

Also I have found 2 crashed ships that have no actual ships at them? Is this part of the game ( like can you find accidents that have no ships) or is that a bug too?

Last edited:

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Also I have found 2 crashed ships that have no actual ships at them? Is this part of the game ( like can you find accidents that have no ships) or is that a bug too?
I had a bug where the ship model took a LONG time to load, even as the damage effects (smoke, fire) were present. I can't remember if I walked away from the area and came back, but it eventually appeared.

Ostinatto

Oct 30, 2017
why it doesnt work?
8bL8Uzi.png

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

The first one is just the foundation block Ostinatto its what you place the frefab buildings on, you can't build refiners etc onto it. The second image is the roof of the prefab building, you need to build a door to enter it and build it inside.

If you research the other kinds of structures, cuboid rooms, walls, floors then you can place it on one of those floors "al fresco" if you'd rather it were outside.

So I currently have 2 quest as primary missions both involving the Mind Arc. One is called The Space Anomaly, which requires me to talk of Null to Nada, which I've done, and then says to construct a Mind Arc, which I've also done multiple times and it's unchecked. Then I have a primary mission named The First Traveler, which had the steps to building a Mind Arc, and the last step says to assemble a Mind Arc, but that's also unchecked. Looks like I'm not getting it to recognize I have made the Mind Arc.

And I'm not seeing any way to reset these primary missions on ps4. Any suggestions?

And you have the mind arc in your inventory? You say you did it multiple times, did you delete and remake the mind arc multiple times? That's the first thing I'd try, and when I rebuilt it I'd make sure that mission was selected. As I recall while I was at that step I could still see via the portal which system I had to talk to Artemis in, if you can too, try going there and talking to her and see "sees" the arc and skips the quest ahead.

Thats the portals you can use to go to and from undiscovered planets. Think a stargate. You need the symbols to connect to another planet, each portal on each planet has its own individual address. You won't be able to use it to travel out until you have unlocked enough glyphs from gravesites or from travelling once you reach the point of the quest called "The purge". Easiest thing to do is plop down a base computer to remember, name it "The Portal" and not only will you remember where it is b ut you could warp there whenever you like (or a save beacon). If its a nice planet consider making a more permanent base there. You can find portals via the Alien monoliths, as you can pay some racial loot (like Vy'keen daggers) to be shown where one is.

Last edited:

cdr Jameson

Oct 27, 2017
I had a moment last night. PSVR.

In my spacetruck, put on Willie Nelson, spacetrucking. Flying through the freighter, turned off the HUD. Bringing in my cargo to the spacestation, very slowly.

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
I figured out the Cannot build/must be attached to structure. Bases made up of components apparently don't count for some machinery. For the Medium Refiner I need a cuboid or cylindrical room. (Fuck off!)

Anyone know when/how I get blueprints for those??

One of my large refineries is just sat on the basic wooden floor and it's still working. So it sounds like it's not super consistent.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Damn, it seems like the glyph bug is back, on 2/16 glyphs on "the purge" no matter how many graves I find or time I warp :/
Just as an FYI, logged it on zendesk.

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
So you can you no longer find crashed ships anymore to claim as your own? I'm stuck with the first ship and have no idea how to change it up.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So you can you no longer find crashed ships anymore to claim as your own? I'm stuck with the first ship and have no idea how to change it up.

You should be able to, I've upgraded via a crashed ship once and come across (and ignored) several crashed shuttles. Have you found crashed ships and been unable to interact or something?

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
You should be able to, I've upgraded via a crashed ship once and come across (and ignored) several crashed shuttles. Have you found crashed ships and been unable to interact or something?

I haven't found or seen any. Before the update didn't you used to throw out a signal booster and then scan for them? I thought this update required you to visit the cartographer on the space station to achieve the same result?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I haven't found or seen any. Before the update didn't you used to throw out a signal booster and then scan for them? I thought this update required you to visit the cartographer on the space station to achieve the same result?

Transmission towers are the source of the distress signals (now for crashed ships and freighters), I think it was prior to Atlas Rises that you could find these towers with a signal booster. Nowadays the signal boosters just highlight "buildings" so you have a chance that you won't see them after a scan. I believe that the cartographer gives you single use maps which work in a similar way, though I've not used many.

The ships are just a little harder to find now is all. You can't even spam "next target" while flying to find them anymore, boo! :D

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Game ran better for me before the update. Lot of pop in and can't hold a locked 60@1440p high settings(9700k 2080ti).

Is there any way I can play the older version?

Lazlow

Oct 27, 2017
Transmission towers are the source of the distress signals (now for crashed ships and freighters), I think it was prior to Atlas Rises that you could find these towers with a signal booster. Nowadays the signal boosters just highlight "buildings" so you have a chance that you won't see them after a scan. I believe that the cartographer gives you single use maps which work in a similar way, though I've not used many.

The ships are just a little harder to find now is all. You can't even spam "next target" while flying to find them anymore, boo! :D

Sounds like I was reading some old guides then and that would explain why I never saw a crashed ship. So I need to look for transmission towers now right?

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Sounds like I was reading some old guides then and that would explain why I never saw a crashed ship. So I need to look for transmission towers now right?

Yeah should be a 1 room building with a large pylon in its roof. They look slightly different depending on the systems race. They'll have the usual numerical puzzle in too, which will lead you to downed ships or freighters.

Airbar

Oct 26, 2017
Game ran better for me before the update. Lot of pop in and can't hold a locked 60@1440p high settings(9700k 2080ti).

Is there any way I can play the older version?
Do you mean the pre-Vulkan version? Then no, OpenGL has been scrapped completely IIRC. I'm in the same boat and could handle 60@1440p on a mix of high and ultra on a 1070 before the Beyond update and now it sometimes goes into single digits.

The planet I'm currently on just looks like fucking Red Dead Redemption 1.

D9cczwE.jpg