• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Truezeldafan

Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
I keep getting a bug where my plasma launcher just won't fire, even when fully charged.

Been happening to me, for some reason, I can fix it by going into the utilities menu and choosing "change secondary equipment" and then selecting the plasma cannon (even if it's already equipped) Give that a try. Or if you have the geology cannon, switch to that and then switch back. Definitely can be frustrating, especially when I was in the middle of a walker fight and the dang thing wouldn't launch haha

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
so i finally started it last night and on my starter planet there was a golden tower with ladders that seemed to be some sort of voice mail thing.is this story related or something,i never found one on my launch play through?
it's the main quest line tower

I keep getting a bug where my plasma launcher just won't fire, even when fully charged.
need Combat Scope installed on multi-tool or it won't work

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Just had a horrible experience trying to start a Nexus mission with a friend for the first time. We're in the same in-game group plus a PSN party, and I accept a mission, and he tried to join it too and it says something like "joining this mission will leave your current group", but selecting yes literally does nothing. Same when we switch roles.

Yakumo Fuji

Apr 22, 2019
It's in the area upstairs and to the right where various upgrade/research types for your base, ship etc. are located. I think it's to the right of the base guy. The suit one has a blue suit hologram behind him; just like on stations, this will be usable once per system to add storage:

wrJVA82.jpg

How the hell did I miss this? Lol. Thank you so much.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody just not able to 'press X to mark' while using the analysis visor? I'm about to hop into VR right now for a bit, but I don't think I've noticed anything in the patch notes about this being an issue/being fixed. It WAS working, but then it stopped working after some recent hotfixes. Lemmie see.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Anyone else found trying to scan certain underwater rare creatures the red blip is like fireflies? Is this a bug or glitch? They literally appear and disappear faster than a full scan progress bar.

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
My new problem, when you do something like summon the ship, or switch on the flashlight or recharge your equipment it activates the jet pack.
So you fly like a numpty doing those things.

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
NOOB QUESTION: How can I not use ALL of the carbon in my inventory on my biofuel reactor? Like can't I just choose to use a little bit of it instead of the whole lot? Seems super counterintuitive

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NOOB QUESTION: How can I not use ALL of the carbon in my inventory on my biofuel reactor? Like can't I just choose to use a little bit of it instead of the whole lot? Seems super counterintuitive

Pretty sure you can press L1/R1 to change the amount? At least that's how it works with refiners.

BTW, build solar panels and batteries as soon as possible. The biofuel reactor sucks.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas

I wish I knew as well. It's so incredibly annoying. You'd have to put some of your carbon in a container or refiner and then go back and put the rest in the reactor. I hope they fix it soon and let us change the stack when putting it in, as well as being able to turn it on or off. As soon as you put in carbon it just runs until it's empty, it sucks.

While we're on that topic, here's my updated bugs/gripes list (PS4 Pro):
-Getting lots of notifications with %ITEM% etc in the text. It seems they didn't do enough house cleaning when making some of the changes from Next to Beyond.
-Being told to craft something before getting the blueprint from the very same quest line later on is annoying. It wanted something requiring batteries, but I didn't yet have the blueprint, so why not just tell me to BUY it instead of telling me to CRAFT or BUY it?
-Sentinels are detecting me even if I'm underground. I now have to burrow even deeper down to lose them.
-Whispering egg monsters take longer to disappear now after stealing an egg, and half the time when it says they're going away, they still walk around and can be reactivated when I'm close. Does Hello Games just not want us to get those eggs? All of the barriers they put up in front of getting them and the glitches involved make it so incredibly painful and time consuming that the work isn't even worth it. Why not just remove them from the game?
-Every- and I mean EVERY time I push my touch pad it opens my starship inventory, no matter what I'm doing or how many miles away from my starship I am. I ALWAYS have to L1 over to get to my suit inventory.
-Multitool animations glitch out and stop working after X minutes of play time.
-My ship clips on something when exiting my freighter every single time. There's some invisible geometry or something that needs to be removed.
-Storage container cubes sometimes won't let me pull something out and says Inventory Full despite having plenty of slots. Only fix is to remove all the other items and put them back, then it lets me.
-Cartographer in my home system still refuses to speak to me. My only option is Leave. I can go to other systems and talk to those without issue. It can't be a faction issue either, as I have good standing with Vykeen.
-Please let us scan for what types of rare metals are in asteroid fields. It takes an ungodly amount of time to hover around pecking at them to find which of them have gold.
-When using my pulse drive it's STILL snapping to the wrong points, which has been an issue since Next. I can aim it right over what I want to pulse to, but it still moves and snaps over to something else instead.
-As others have said, submitting Navigation Data to cartographers is absolutely miserable. Let us speed up the process.
-ALSO: give us less Navigation data, or allow them to stack more. I'm constantly discarding them from my inventory due to how many I find.
-ALSO ALSO: make it easier to tell when we can expect Nanites or Navigation Data we interact with those small blue or orange cubes on desks in buildings and space stations.
-It would be cool if the broken machinery would disappear once we repair it and take the item. I have one in the middle of my base in the way. Hell, can we do that for all containers too?
-A special mode for the Terrain Manipulator to simply flatten it to whatever the current level of the surface we're standing on would be nice. Sometimes I need a wide flat area for construction.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish there were a way to set landing pads as private/reserved. Hate having 2-3 NPC ships circling my base at all times waiting for my landing pad to be freed up. It's my landing pad!

sugarless

Nov 2, 2017
Am I the only person for whom the left-right buttons on the portable refiner interface, which I guess are to set the amount of output material to create, have NEVER worked, not since the game launched in 2016 or in any of the updates? They do nothing. You can see the number sort of try to change then stay the same.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only person for whom the left-right buttons on the portable refiner interface, which I guess are to set the amount of output material to create, have NEVER worked, not since the game launched in 2016 or in any of the updates? They do nothing. You can see the number sort of try to change then stay the same.
This used to work for me but since one of the Beyond experimental updates (on PC) it has stopped, which is how I discovered splitting the stacks first works as a workaround.

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure you can press L1/R1 to change the amount? At least that's how it works with refiners.

BTW, build solar panels and batteries as soon as possible. The biofuel reactor sucks.

This might be a daft question but do solar panels have to be outside to work? I say this because I had them selected in the build menu inside and they snapped to the layout of the room, but I thought that might be a generic thing for items that size, since the automatic layout was the same as it was for batteries.

c0Zm1c

Oct 25, 2017
This might be a daft question but do solar panels have to be outside to work? I say this because I had them selected in the build menu inside and they snapped to the layout of the room, but I thought that might be a generic thing for items that size, since the automatic layout was the same as it was for batteries.
They work inside and generate as much power as outside too. They apparently also work underwater but I haven't tried that.

Oct 28, 2017
Playing this in VR has finally made me realize the potential of VR as a whole. The whole experience was so transformative to me that I get bored playing it on a regular screen. I just wish I had a PSVR or a better laptop that could play without overheating and stuttering.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
I think it's just time-of-day dependent, as I've placed some inside buildings and they worked just fine.

Timewarp

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else been finding you can't plop shit in your exo suit cargo area?
You have to unlock a slot in the cargo slot area before you can put things in. Get more cargo space by buying slots similar to expanding slots in your main inventory and tech areas.

You may have already done this, but I played a couple dozen hours before realizing I had to buy the first cargo slot to use it.

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I change what exocraft to install stuff in? I need to install something into my Roamer, but I can only see the Nautilon on the Exocraft tab.

Edit: Ok, you have to enter it to make it the active one.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Storage containers are number 0 to 9, only one per number per base. Create number 1 next, then 2 etc. You can also farm mordite.

Can you explain this? Prior to the Beyond update i was able to build 9 units at will, now when I try to build a second one I'm told I'm only allowed one per base. I see no numbers distinguishing any units and no way to build units "2-9"

You have to unlock a slot in the cargo slot area before you can put things in. Get more cargo space by buying slots similar to expanding slots in your main inventory and tech areas.

You may have already done this, but I played a couple dozen hours before realizing I had to buy the first cargo slot to use it.

Where do you buy slots? And unlike the shop and multitool you can't find/buy new exosuits right, you just upgrade the one you have?

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I'll probably be coming to this thread often. No game makes me Google like this one.

What do you guys recommend when it comes to center of Galaxy vs Atlas stuff? I have to say with the frequency and low intensity I play this game I think center of the Galaxy might me more what I'm looking for. The funny thing is I only just realized on this return trip that they are separate paths that take me away from each other... Lol.

Also the PSVR version of this game, while sadly a bit low IQ like most PSVR games, really has its moments.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia

I've got 2 solar panels and a battery powering the teleporter inside my freighter... Placement doesn't seem to matter. They generate during the game's daylight period. Just need a battery to store the excess during the night period.

Mitchman1411

Jul 28, 2018
Oslo, Norway
Get the solar panel and battery asap.
It does? I think I'm fully upgraded, but I don't think I've spotted this on the Anomaly.
Right next to the exosuit guy.
Can you explain this? Prior to the Beyond update i was able to build 9 units at will, now when I try to build a second one I'm told I'm only allowed one per base. I see no numbers distinguishing any units and no way to build units "2-9"

Where do you buy slots? And unlike the shop and multitool you can't find/buy new exosuits right, you just upgrade the one you have?
You must be looking at the wrong storage container, there are some that are purely for astestic purposes while the real ones are the 0-9 numbered ones.

As for exosuit slots, every space station and the anomoly offers it next to the exosuit vendor.

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it works like the Refiner (I don't remember), you can use Up and Down on the D-Pad to change the stack size, it should be written at the bottom of the screen if it's possible.

Bleu

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
The last patch broke my game.
I cant build anything in my base now,it says maximum number reached or something...
It's a really small base with like a few rooms, a landing pad and a few solar panels and batteries..
I have no idea how to solve this.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017

So.. more than the "one" I have?

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Anybody just not able to 'press X to mark' while using the analysis visor? I'm about to hop into VR right now for a bit, but I don't think I've noticed anything in the patch notes about this being an issue/being fixed. It WAS working, but then it stopped working after some recent hotfixes. Lemmie see.
Is this new? The Xbox controller doesn't do it on pc I just hold E on the keyboard. Or in steam you can remap to the official Xbox controller config .

I got a bad bug hoping someone can help. I got my first frigate and built a control room then your supposed to go in that room to do some stuff it tells you. But I can't get in the room there's a barrier I can't get in at all... can I bypass that tutorial or delete the room ? Sell the ship ? Anything ? How do you use frigates from menus ? maybe I'll try to skip the tutorial if someone could give me a quick how-to....

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
I got a bad bug hoping someone can help. I got my first frigate and built a control room then your supposed to go in that room to do some stuff it tells you. But I can't get in the room there's a barrier I can't get in at all... can I bypass that tutorial or delete the room ? Sell the ship ? Anything ? How do you use frigates from menus ? maybe I'll try to skip the tutorial if someone could give me a quick how-to....
I recall someone saying you could delete that barrier.

However, I just deleted the room and rebuilt it elsewhere in my freighter. That'll do the trick.

Deleting stuff works from within the building menus/interface. On PS4, I think you hold L2 and then when the target is highlighted you confirm you want to delete with R2.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I recall someone saying you could delete that barrier.

However, I just deleted the room and rebuilt it elsewhere in my freighter. That'll do the trick.

Deleting stuff works from within the building menus/interface. On PS4, I think you hold L2 and then when the target is highlighted you confirm you want to delete with R2.
Ah thanks I won't be able to delete this barrier it was a white looking board that was already there but I foolishly assumed the game would know i wanted to go there. It was the only place I could find at first to put it they do a real bad job explaining how to place objects where

Deleted member 4247

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this new? The Xbox controller doesn't do it on pc I just hold E on the keyboard. Or in steam you can remap to the official Xbox controller config .

I had that bug, lol. Very odd one. But yeah, you can just delete the horizontal panel and you'll get in there.

Stratosphere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good guides out there about what materials are worth hanging onto?

Early game is a struggle because my inventory fills up so quickly, and Im not always sure what mats are worth saving...