• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
  • Group up with friends
  • Or meet stranger
  • Work together to survive, or prey on others
  • Build base together
  • All update in day one (xbox)
That's all.

Last edited:

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
This was shown during the stream. Is this what multiplayer will look like or is this old footage?

omHb3Fa.jpg

edit: it's from the Atlas Rises trailer​

Interrobang

Oct 25, 2017
Genuine question, did they ever actually address the lies and why multiplayer wasn't just not working, but completely fake on launch? Or did they just progressively add things while dodging?

Abu_Ibrah!

Apr 22, 2018
I'm sorry but NEXT just means multiplayer? I saw the full interview and he didn't say anything else. I thought they said its a bigger expansion that everything they've done bfore? If its only multiplayer, then that doesn't seem to be as big as I thought

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They're being understandably extremely cautious with what they say at this point.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sean Murray looks alright, that's good.

Edit: The game looks a lot better from what i remember on PS4. Was it running on the X in that footage?

Last edited:

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Genuine question, did they ever actually address the lies and why multiplayer wasn't just not working, but completely fake on launch? Or did they just progressively add things while dodging?

They added a ton, its one of my favorites of this generation now. They used actions instead of words to make it right. The way the game is now and potentially next are enough to make me get over the initial deception. I just hope that the type of planets they showed off pre launch become a thing. But that might not be possible due to hardware limitations

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They added a ton, its one of my favorites of this generation now. They used actions instead of words to make it right. The way the game is now and potentially next are enough to make me get over the initial deception. I just hope that the type of planets they showed off pre launch become a thing. But that might not be possible due to hardware limitations

Yeah the game as it is now is actually really fun. Still relatively aimless, but thats kinda the point.

MotionRed

Alt Account
Banned
May 17, 2018
The exclusivity for this game has been a clusterf**k since day one. I'm interested now that it's releasing on X, but I'm not paying £40 for a nearly two year old port without any benefits.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry but NEXT just means multiplayer? I saw the full interview and he didn't say anything else. I thought they said its a bigger expansion that everything they've done bfore? If its only multiplayer, then that doesn't seem to be as big as I thought
Anyone familiar with NMS updates know it wont just be multiplayer.

Solidsnakejej

Oct 25, 2017
Fort Lauderdale

All their updates have been extensive and this is the longest between updates so expect quite a bit, they just don't want to talk about it because of their history.

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
It's total truth.

The difference is that he fixes his fuck ups unlike Dyack.

I wouldn't say it's total truth. Yes, he made mistakes and said and promised things he shouldn't have at the time. But to call him the biggest liar? Supreme hyperbole. And like you say, at least he's getting round to fixing his shit unlike others. Better late than never.

Interrobang

Oct 25, 2017

Oh no, I get that, totally. But did they ever admit multiplayer was non-existent? Or did they just address it by skipping over the admitting and leading with "we've added these features now."

I always thought it was odd how he replied to those 2 guys that stood in the same location during the first 24 hours. The "wows" and "incredibles" were so strange.