• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Seems like Suda can't do much with the IP (like a Shinobu game) without Marvelous' consent as they only own 10% of the IP. NMH4 would not be before a decade according to him as he wants to focus on new IPs for the company and he wants to give the series a rest.

NMH3 is 15-20 hours if you play the game and do some of the side content.

Apparently previews are coming out on monday

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
I remember a bunch of speculation way back that Grasshopper had acquired the full rights to the IP, so it's a bit of a shame to see that's actually far from the case.

And previews on this Monday? I was under the impression they weren't happening until the 23rd, but would be nice if they're sooner than that.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the media previews are on the 23rd, so not the coming Monday but the next one.

It's been an exciting 5 years to be a loud and proud fan of this series again and I hope they send it off with a bang so its eventual return will be all the sweeter. Can't wait to see what other crazy stuff Suda's got in store after going through TSC2425 as well.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A decade is a pretty long time but if he wants to make more than one new IP than that seems about right depending on how ambitious those IPs are

Aug 15, 2020
I remember a bunch of speculation way back that Grasshopper had acquired the full rights to the IP, so it's a bit of a shame to see that's actually far from the case.
That's never been the case. Suda talked about the split years ago, with Gamexplain actually (check the 5 min mark). Also, Travis Strikes Again is filed as a separate IP with its own trademark (that Marvelous owns).

What is interesting though is that Marvelous is excluded from all of the NA marketing material even though they should be in the legal line.

As far as between now and 2031 though, we have the Flower, Sun and Rain remake/remaster, Hotel Barcelona and the Buckaroo Banzai project. One thing I wished they had asked about in regards to the new IPs was if they were going to be smaller in scale and self published or if Suda was also open to working with certain publishers on larger scale projects given his experiences in the PS360 era. I'd like to see a mix of both.

Last edited:

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
All good things must end, and Suda being straddled to a single series is creatively stagnant. Dude's portfolio is amazing, and seeing him and Grasshopper get a second wind has me excited for the future.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Suda gets to give Shinobu the spotlight someday. It would be cool to see her show up as a guest character somewhere. The ultimate move would be having her in Smash Bros before Travis.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Shinobu:
e0db7935b3b3a8c7883faffa70a7c60c.jpg

This interview super duper confirms what this was going to be.

Menx64

Oct 30, 2017
Alright Suda-Sama. I have my preorder ready and just waiting for release now. 10 years is a long time to rest, but Suda is an amazing talent and anything he does in between sounds good.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
No More Heroes 3 is exciting, but I can't see what he'll create after it.
His directorial comeback with Travis Strikes Back was so exciting, it'll be nice to see him come up with a new IP and direct it after all those years.

Also can't wait for the remaster of Flower Sun and Rain. The DS version is cool and hella ambitious for the system, but it's definitely not the visual fidelity Suda wanted for the game back when it first released on Playstation 2.

And of course excited for Hotel Barcelona, even if I definitely don't click as much with Swery's writting style. He's still great to me, but Suda is a genius. Wonder if that one will be part of Kill the Past or no.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Good stuff, Suda's at the top of his game and I want to see him stretch himself with something new.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
I miss Suda games and don't have a switch but I'm glad he's putting out good stuff and about to work on a new project.

I feel like it was only a few years ago I was playing Killer is Dead.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
A decade until the next NMH isn't that long.
I was even expecting NMH3 to be the last one honestly. I would be fine if it would be the last one, we had a lot of NMH.
As long as he has full creative control, I want him to make new stuff. Both story and gameplay wise. (And be a part of Kill the Past)

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Plenty of time for this one to get ported to PC too. I vastly prefer when Suda gets to go crazy his own way and i got plenty of crackpot theories where NH3 can get to. So long as he has the passion i want him to do what he wants to.

Dascu

Oct 28, 2017
Someone really should have asked him about the status of Hotel Barcelona. Is that the new IP, or is it still just drunk chit-chat between him and Swery?

Aug 15, 2020
Someone really should have asked him about the status of Hotel Barcelona. Is that the new IP, or is it still just drunk chit-chat between him and Swery?
Suda did an AMA on Reddit a couple weeks back and said they still talk about it every couple months, but it doesn't really sound like it's happening any time soon.