• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
SOURCE: https://wccftech.com/suda-51-interview-no-more-heroes-3-boss-thanos-venom-joker/

• 35 to 40% complete
  • The script of the game is now finished
  • The open world will be bigger than the first game but not as big as AAA games like Ubisoft's or Rockstar's
  • It will have about the same amount of side activites, alongside a few "extras", that he calls something different than minigames
  • The suit Travis uses in the trailer will be playable but apparently only in specific situations
  • Motion controls are back
  • Asked about describing a boss, he says "Thanos. Venom. Joker"
  • When asked if NMH3 is their biggest game to date in terms of scope, Suda answers they had made bigger games before. Probably Shadows of the Damned or Let it Die
  • Nobuaki Kaneko will do the whole soundtrack, so no Masafumi Takada most likely. Kaneko is a known drummer and has music videos on his channel

• He would like to remaster Flower, Sun, and Rain
  • The Hotel Barcelona project with Swery65 is serious, Suda claims it would come out in two years and they are in the process of looking for a publisher
  • NMH3 is still slated for a 2020 release
  • A trailer will come out later this year or early next year
previous thread (NMH3 reveals new bosses: Kimmy Howell by Bayonetta designer and three Destroyman forms. 5 mns trailer waiting to be released
): https://www.resetera.com/threads/no...-5-mns-trailer-waiting-to-be-released.148720/

JazzmanZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hard to believe he got the rights to use a Marvel and DC character!

Oct 25, 2017
Describing a character by saying they're like three other characters who have nothing in common with each other in terms of design, personality, or powers is weird

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Describing a character by saying they're like three other characters who have nothing in common with each other in terms of design, personality, or powers is weird
I hope he doesn't go overboard with all that marvel/dc stuff, that would make the game feel like "how do you do fellow kids?" for me

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
I played through NMH 1 last year. I can't say the side activities worked as modern gameplay. But heck, most of the action in the game was awkwardly stiff and not communicated well. But getting rid of it all together lost the imaginative spark of Suda. If there's a way to make them less repetitive, then I'd be down.

Time Loop

Feb 2, 2018
it would come out in two years and they are in the process of looking for a publisher

It's a bit inaccurate. He said that the game will come out in two years at best. And that they need to properly pitch it, not exactly find a publisher.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
The character archetype of Joker has been done well exactly once, and that's with Joker and absolutely no one else. Every imitation with some other character who's "just crazy!" has been an embarrassing cringefest.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Not sure if they will able to release this in 2020, it would be cool but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure either about how I feel about a bigger open world considering how lacking the one in the first game was (although it would be more appropriate to call it a "sandbox" I guess). Hopefully they will be able to pull a Yakuza here and make the city small but dense.

ShadowFox08

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
If Travis isn't in the wave 2 of smash Bros dlc, I swear...

Great to hear about motion controls being back! Really hoping for a remaster of 1 and 2 on Switch...

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I want the last boss to be God after running up the stairs to heaven and killing angel assassins, and then after victory Travis has had enough... and invades Grasshopper and the true last boss is Suda51 who's protected by all his other characters like the Killer7. Then Travis will be truly free of the garden of madness and the series will end.

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if they will able to release this in 2020, it would be cool but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure either about how I feel about a bigger open world considering how lacking the one in the first game was (although it would be more appropriate to call it a "sandbox" I guess). Hopefully they will be able to pull a Yakuza here and make the city small but dense.
What if it's Silver Age joker?

Kyzon Xin

Oct 25, 2017
I'd honestly be upset if the scorpion game doesn't return with the same framerate problems.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
FUCK no Takada? His danganronpa soundtracks are so good so that's disappointing to hear.
Seems like his next composing gig will be at Tokyoo Games (Kodaka and Uchikoshi's games there basically). It is a shame Takada doesn't compose for Grasshopper anymore though.

This guest composer announcement makes me wonder if Akira Yamaoka has left Grasshopper?!

Also, I'll guess Hotel Barcelona is being developed by SWERY's White Owls Studio rather than Grasshopoer Manufacture?

Regarding Flower, Sun& Rain Remaster/Remake of course I want it badly but Suda my man, finish NMH3 and Hotel Barcelona first my dude. There's plenty of time for that later, juggling all these projects at once is kinda crazy.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Game sounds exciting as hell, not gonna lie. I have to admit tho, I never played the first 2, we need a remaster Nintendo! Or a port... whatever suits you better this days.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Infinity-War-Thanos-Joker-Mashup-Josh-Brolin-Details.jpg

"I AM society"

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Suda used those three characters to give an example of the general supervillain/superheroes theme the casting will have in NMH3. That's something he already said. He won't necessarily make characters that are similar to them.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
An open world is the last thing I want to see return if its like the first game where there is nothing to do in it. Havent read the article yet so I hope it mentions there is a reason to justify the world other than to pad out the game.

Any word on a remaster of 1 & 2? I never owned a Wii, so I never got to play them outside of a single visit to a friend's place.
He's been trying to get something going with Marvelous on that front, but it's all up to them at this point. I do believe that they'll happen, but we likely won't see them announced until they're fairly close to releasing outright.

Good to hear that they are bringing the hub world back. There may not have been much to do with it in NMH1, but it added a ton of character and atmosphere to Santa Destroy that wound up completely absent in the sequel.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
An open world is the last thing I want to see return if its like the first game where there is nothing to do in it. Havent read the article yet so I hope it mentions there is a reason to justify the world other than to pad out the game.

Personally, after recently playing and heavily enjoying both NMH games, the first game's pacing just feels better to me. The world was under-realized and has terrible driving controls sure but it still stitched together the game in ways that actually made me feel for Travis, even doing the side jobs had an appeal to me, I really didn't enjoy the 8-bit jobs in NMH2 and using the menu to select levels while sometimes convenient just made the game feel a bit lifeless IMO.

Also calling Bishop in NMH1 to bring you your ride was always a touch that made me laugh.

I think given the upgraded power Suda and his team has at Grasshopper working with the Switch, they can craft a world that has plenty of personality without maybe giving you GTA freedom in terms of what you can do in the world. I'll be happy if it just feels like a cool world to be in and with much better driving and walking controls.

I will say though that NMH2 had a lot of improvements to the combat, so I hope NMH3 plays like a refined version of NMH2, just with more wrestling moves and weapon options.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
It was an empty technical mess, but as in-between filler the open world in No More Heroes was surprisingly effective (if unintentional) at highlighting the ambivalence of world towards Travis' self imposed importance, and helped break up the mission structure by providing some artificial downtime between action. No More Heroes 2 might have streamed the process for snappier pacing, but the menu based city navigation was far less remarkable and diminished a coherency between narrative beats. I honestly think No More Heroes' open world is one of those underappreciated stretches of playspace that serve as an important glue between missions and plot advancements. Boring in play, but in practice ties the flow of events together.

So yeah, really glad to see it return.

Pineapple

One Winged Slayer
Mar 26, 2019
USA
I seriously cannot wait for this. I beyond hyped for the return of motion controls.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
THIS. The open world almost ruined the first game for me.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Also let us go back and replay stages to get better ranks, while still having our save data progress for our current mission. That would be great, to have your favorite missions always available to play, like how Killer is Dead allowed you to.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I need to play the first two games already... Travis Strikes Again was surprisingly fun.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
I need to play the first two games already... Travis Strikes Again was surprisingly fun.

The first game (in regards to the story and bosses) is just perfect IMO, playing that game again was a great experience. It's on PS3 if you have one, some people dislike that version but it was fine to me and trophy support was a nice touch.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I sadly don't have a PS3 anymore so I'm eyeing the Wii versions. (For some reason the second game is much more expensive than the first 🤔)

bobbychalkers

Oct 26, 2017
Sad to hear about the possible lack of Masafumi Takada but I don't hate what I'm hearing of Nobuaki Kaneko. Travis Strikes Again had an amazing soundtrack without him so I'd expect this will too.

May 15, 2019
I played through NMH 1 last year. I can't say the side activities worked as modern gameplay. But heck, most of the action in the game was awkwardly stiff and not communicated well. But getting rid of it all together lost the imaginative spark of Suda. If there's a way to make them less repetitive, then I'd be down.
Being repetitive and boring was the point

Deleted member 51982

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 14, 2019
Any word on a remaster of 1 & 2? I never owned a Wii, so I never got to play them outside of a single visit to a friend's place.
At Gamescom Suda said he still hadn't decided if he wanted to simply port them or actually remaster them. They're not happening soon let alone before NMHIII.

This was always an exaggeration. In August, Suda claimed in an interview with Famitsu that the game was only 25% done and then a month later at Gamescom claimed 50%. 35 - 40% sounds more reasonable considering development only started in Jan this year.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Watch the fucking scorpion clean up side job return a 3rd time to troll us once again.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda meh on a NMH3, but goddamn would I love to see a FSR remaster. Sweet lordy please remaster all the classics Suda