• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
given the trailer i'd say its pretty important. the more suda stuff you've played the more you'll get out of tsa as it's basically him revisiting his older stuff and building up some insane sudaverse.
Maybe someday he'll revisit let it die without gungho; that's probably not possible actually.

erikNORML

Oct 30, 2017
Wish we got game play but I'm buying it anyway as the first two are some of my all time favorites, TSA on the other hand might be the worst thing I played this year.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Just so you know, since there have been some misunderstanding. The trailer isn't fake, it's legitimately the story of No More Heroes 3. The aliens, the CEO, the "Goddamn Superhero" game, all real within NMH3.

Deleted member 42641

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 25, 2018
This is gonna be amazing, just replayed NMH for like the 4th time and its still so good

I loved so much about TSA and this trailer is just perfection, the artists he has attached to this has me excited

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I was liking the art style and weirdness of it all until it turned into no more heroes and saw the real ugly 3d style at the end. What a way to kill my enthusiasm in 2 seconds.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Superpowered alien assassins?! Damon?! Akira reference?!

pHK2U83.gif

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I am just gonna say this is one of the best anime pieces I have seen in my entire life and also one of the best trailers.

Hyped beyond sanity atm.

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
I was liking the art style and weirdness of it all until it turned into no more heroes and saw the real ugly 3d style at the end. What a way to kill my enthusiasm in 2 seconds.

I mean they are both the real style. Don't forget from the previous trailer that Travis can henshin into a Kamen Rider/Tekkaman hybrid. They have to bridge the gap some how.

Also of course the bosses with talk. Look at how weird FU looks and look at how interesting his personality is and much he talks. I imagine they will all have pretty unique characters just like the previous games.

Rodento

Dec 28, 2017
The trailer was great, but I want to see more than four seconds of gameplay.

This is barely getting into 2020 and Grasshopper seems to think the same, I hope they don't burn themselves so much.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
So that Damon Riccitiello is the one who beat a woman in TSA iirc right?
Amazing trailer by the way.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I mean they are both the real style. Don't forget from the previous trailer that Travis can henshin into a Kamen Rider/Tekkaman hybrid. They have to bridge the gap some how.

Also of course the bosses with talk. Look at how weird FU looks and look at how interesting his personality is and much he talks. I imagine they will all have pretty unique characters just like the previous games.
I just thought he would be completely change the art style into a kind of nino kuni cell shaded one but looking at the last seconds it doesn't look like it, looks just like the previous ones.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I keep coming back to watch this trailer even though I'm not really interested in the game (maybe if I got to see more of it, I've played some of the earlier ones before). So good.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
well dang, after reading all the stuff in this thread, this wasn't a shock or 180, but a buildup.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
That's a fucking prime Suda51 trailer if i've ever seen one. Didn't expect Fu to have that "Chad" voice and way of talking. ^^

I see, Sylvia is working for the dude that is friends with Fu.

But this trailer has one massive problem ... it didn't feature Shinobu!!! Come on Suda, confirm her to be in the game and playable!

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
That's a fucking prime Suda51 trailer if i've ever seen one. Didn't expect Fu to have that "Chad" voice and way of talking. ^^

I see, Sylvia is working for the dude that is friends with Fu.

But this trailer has one massive problem ... it didn't feature Shinobu!!! Come on Suda, confirm her to be in the game and playable!
Sylvia in TSA is last seen living in Death Metal's mansion and heading out for some important meeting. With that being said, I don't think she's working for Damon.

Skrams

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I've been rewatching this trailer on and off for a few hours in the background because it's pretty fucking good. I've really meant to get fully into Suda51 stuff and the Kill the Past universe whatever, and this trailer is really tempting me to do it sooner rather than later. This is legitimately one of the best trailers I've seen for anything in recent memory and it's kind of nuts. The sync of the 3D and 2D style to differentiate FU and Damon with literally otherworldly feelings, the use of kamikaze douga and Kenichiro Mizuno, Masanori Ushiki designs being super good, the good ass music, big tokusatsu alien fighting samurai flamenco energy for the main theme of NMH3, and just the delivery of Goddamn Superhero. It's fucking really good. Also good 4:3 to 1.85:1 or something aspect ratio shift.

It's a cacophony of delight.

It's also neat to use my shittier Japanese to see FU's manner of speaking being in Katakana at first to convey his alien foreign nature, then it shifting to a more normal style later. Also Goddamn Superhero being "Hero of Justice" in Japanese. FU truly thinks he's a Hero and it's pretty neat.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Animation is great and the style is amazing. Love the Aliens designs - and the humor and weirdness is still on point and surprising.

Suda still got it.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Imagine being a 14 year-old cynical edgelord for your entire fucking life to make absolute trash like this trailer. Suda is easily the worst creator in the industry.
I sincerely don't get an edgelord vibe from it at all. More wacky than edgy. Suda is far too into making silly fun in NMH for me to consider the series edgy, even with its... darker moments.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I guess expecting the game to have multiple of those anime cutscenes is expecting too much lmao

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Love the direction they are going in with this one. The character look fun to battle against. I already have a feeling this will be the best entry in the series.

Garlic

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder why the FMV uses such clashing art styles? Damon and the others look hand drawn, almost in a rather crude and rush fashion while FU is cel-shaded 3D and smooth motion. I wonder if it's intentional? I know the explosion's style was intentional, but what about when FU and Damon were interacting? This strange contrast only happens when Damon's an adult.

Hh2BdrE.png

Lv4U2iq.png

Mismatched media is a Suda hallmark

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Eatching the trailer for like the 10th time and the previous E3 trailer, this is looking more and more exciting. Its basically SMT: No More Kamen Riders with those alien designs and the Toku as fuck premise. Along with that spaceship and the Henshin costume from the E3 trailer, I hope Suda also throws in some Gainax for good measure, I need Travis going full Univetse Buster with Fu controlling a galaxy sized Mecha.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
I can hardly get over how sick Fu' and his alien fratlord pal designs are.

Just so you know, since there have been some misunderstanding. The trailer isn't fake, it's legitimately the story of No More Heroes 3. The aliens, the CEO, the "Goddamn Superhero" game, all real within NMH3.
Wait, some people thought they weren't looking at the plot of the game? That this was some overlong fake-out joke? Even though Travis is fighting aliens from the same spaceship in the reveal trailer?

Last edited: