• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
May 17, 2018
Shawn Layden confirmed in PS Blogcast today. Biggest reason is that they didn't want to build anticipation for not much news.

"Now that we have Spiderman out the door, we're looking down in 2019 to games like Dreams and Days Gone but we wouldn't have enough to bring people altogether in some location in North America to have that event. We don't want to set expectations really high and then not deliver on it."

Not sure if already posted.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2018/09/28/playstation-blogcast-308-wooooo/

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Name change wasn't ready, Shawn was like fuck that.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feb or March for PS5 reveal.

Also PSN shut down on PS3 alongside a suite of new features including name changes.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, would have loved to have both an Xbox and PS event in the span of a month. But people seem to want that 2016 PSX back and if they can't deliver on it it's probably best not to do it I guess.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. All of their teams released games/announced them and they're probably waiting for PS5 now to be revealed to show off anything substantial

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing they wouldn't have many new PS4 things to show. Waiting on that PS5.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Once again Sony cruisin in second gear, While Microsoft and Nintendo are in 5th.

Well, let see how it works out for them.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Such a shame. Cancelling an amazing convention for fans because people on the internet can't get enough new announcements is messed up.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
They wouldn't have a PSX the year DMC5 is playable. Smh..... This sucks, I honestly don't give a fuck about announcements, I want to go and play demos for whatever is available.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Xbox brings back their event this year, Sony doesn't have one. I'm pretty sure Microsoft purchased Sony and they will announce a new iPad together with Elon Musk as ceo of GOOD Music.

Oct 25, 2017
All these goods psx wasn't just a conference where y'all could stroke the hype meter because we know new announcements are better than playing video games for some of you. Others actually liked going to the event to enjoy them selves playing games and meeting fans and devs

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
That's a shame. I went the past few years and had a good time.

kennyamr

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY, USA
Like I said on the other thread:

My guess:
The reason why there won't be a PSX this year is because there will be a PlayStation Meeting in February.

EDIT:
This targets a November/December 2019 release. There is plenty of time for the rest of their 1st party games to release through the year before the PS5 releases.

Last edited:

VirtuaRacer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation Meeting 2019 here we come.

There's a reason why Phil Spencer started talking about the Xbox One successor pre-emptively.