• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
The longest-running fantasy football league for this community is back once again... now for its 10th season. While this is an established league with a great deal of history, it is not a dynasty league. Everyone starts from scratch with a clean slate just like all of the teams in the NFL. Filled with aspirations of being great until reality sets in and you realize you're playing for the Browns or the Bills.

That means we cycle through a number of new owners each and every year. This year will likely be no exception... so if you're interested in joining the frey feel free to express your interest in the thread below and - if there's space - you may wind up contacted by the Commissioner and receive an invitation to join. (As always, that's not me... I just maintain the OT. The Commish is cloudy.)

I'll maintain a wait list of those who have expressed interest in this OP for easy reference. Once we get a sense of how many slots need to be filled with newbies, the top names on the list will get PMed to pass along Email contacts so formal league invites can be issued.

Furthermore, as always, this is a league with actual stakes. I mean, sure, some of these upstart ResetEra leagues are going to have bragging rights and glory at stake... but this league plays for more than that. We play for Amiibos / Loot Boxes / Gamerscore / Bitcoins / Random Substitute for Dollars that Isn't Dollars But is Actually Dollars. League dues last season were 65 of said unit of measurement up front with the top 4 teams making the money. Did I say money? That's just a metaphor. Yeah... metaphor.

This season the league dues are being increased up to $75. The payout structure is still being deliberated but the top 4 places will all be paid.

As always, previous players get priority. Invites were sent out recently but you can always check in to your Yahoo! fantasy profiles if yours got buried. If you can't find said invite and need it resent, PM me or the Commish immediately and we'll hook you up.

q54ZqzY.png

The League
League Settings

The Season 10 SL&ENT OT

PAST SEASON OTs
Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8
Season 9 - GAF / Season 9 - Era / Season 9 - SL&ENT

LeagueSafe League URL: https://www.leaguesafe.com/join/3872114

This is a 16 team head-to-head, 0.5 PPR redraft league with a snake draft and weekly waiver priority determined by a team's outstanding FAAB budget (yes, we're a FAAB league now) with claim tiebreaks determined by team standings (the lower place team gets preference). 8 teams make the playoffs. Return yardage is credited to offensive players as well so be sure to factor that in to your drafting decisions.

Payout structure will be disclosed below once it's finalized to reflect the buy-in increase from $65 to $75. As always, Week 14 is the ever critical MONEY WEEK where you make the money if you win and make nothing if you lose.

1st - $500
2nd - $400
3rd - $200
4th - $100

A rookie won the league in Season 8 so don't be discouraged from joining just because we have an established crop of regulars. Conversely, a long-time veteran owner finally won the league after numerous attempts just last season, so persistence can and will pay off if you stick around long enough. (Unless you're the Long Island Broskis... in which case you are fated to never win.)

Returning for Another Season

Angel's Superb Team {Sinistar}
Bail Kings Era {Crazymoogle}
D. Adams Family {cloudy aka The Commish}
Dinner Out {Ife aka Cloudy's Cousin}
Ember Island Players {GCQ}
Evil Corp {Hazelhurst}
Good As Gould {rinker}
Jimmy Guappolo {TheSkullPrince}
Long Island Broskis {UberTag}
Mild Concussions {SaveWeyard}
NYR {NYR}
Spyders {spyder_ur}
TD's N' Beer {Minx aka The Defending Champ}

New Recruits for 2018

Business Time {Deacon}
Knibb High Football {grang}
Smokin' Jays {Corran Horn}

Best of luck to you all this season!

Last edited:
OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Incidentally, it's time to revisit our rule change discussion from last year's thread re: reducing the penalty for missed field goals of 40 yards or more. I'm still in favor of nixing them... even if it is a minor point deduction at this time.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Hey Uber, count me back in (I'm Joe GOATANA). I had no idea the league invites were sent back whenever they were sent, and I would love to rejoin No Quitters since I had a blast last season.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Hey Uber, count me back in (I'm Joe GOATANA). I had no idea the league invites were sent back whenever they were sent, and I would love to rejoin No Quitters since I had a blast last season.
Yeah, I had trouble getting the invite myself this season. Not sure how it got buried in the shuffle but stuff happens sometimes.
Check your Email box to see if a re-invite popped up there shortly to get your team activated for the new season.
If you don't see one there, PM me with your Email so I can get one sent out to you.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for setting this up.

Is there any league interest in changing the W/T slot to either just a WR or, ideally, to a flex? In a deep league like this, I really think a flex would allow more varied drafting and lineup strategies. The short bench compounds this a bit.

It's essentially a WR slot as it is now.

Last edited:

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Great job with the thread, Uber!

Buy-in is $75 this year so we should edit to 500/400/200/100. Payment link posted on Yahoo League message board

Any more thoughts on the Flex thing? I need to look at what I said about it after last season

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely back this year, thanks for posting the thread Uber, I have not been diligent following the posts on Yahoo.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Oddly enough, I'm kind of fine with that slot remaining W/T as is. Most people will use it as a WR slot given the sorry state of TE, granted... in fact, I'm fairly certain it WAS simply a WR3 slot back in the day before we expanded it to allow for Tight Ends as well given player scarcity in the event that people happened to have a productive Tight End they could throw in there.

But transitioning it over to a full FLEX role would likely prove problematic in the event that someone lucked into an Alvin Kamara-type situation like last season to supplement their two starting RBs and effectively turn into an insurmountable force that just demolishes through the competition in unexciting fashion. I believe that exact scenario played out in Frankman's league last year and it wasn't all that much fun. I think the W/T designation acts as a check against that.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Would love to be put on the waitlist, I'm losing a regular league this year and searching for a competitive money league.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Yeah, I had trouble getting the invite myself this season. Not sure how it got buried in the shuffle but stuff happens sometimes.
Check your Email box to see if a re-invite popped up there shortly to get your team activated for the new season.
If you don't see one there, PM me with your Email so I can get one sent out to you.

PM'd, thanks Uber.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
The thread is up! So the current draft date I will be unable to attend as I will be in Italy and the draft time is in the middle of the night. It would be greatly appreciated if we could change the date. I understand wanting to draft after the third preseason game due to injuries and further analysis, however your draft board shouldn't change much based off of one preseason game and injuries can happen at any time (Allen Robinson on one of his first routes in game #1).

These are my preferred dates in order.
Sat 25th at any time. Fri 24th at any time. Sunday 26th busy until 7pm central time(I have another draft in the afternoon but I can do two drafts at once) . 29th at any time (I have another draft in the afternoon but can do two drafts at once). I work Monday and Tuesday afternoon and would prefer not to take any time off but if necessary I can.

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I'd prefer drafting after the 26th... injuries CAN happen any time during the preseason but they're not too common after Week 3 as teams won't be playing their starters for any significant volume of snaps.

I'll second a suggestion of Wednesday, August 29th... preferably in the evening to forego work conflicts.

Hazelhurst

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the thread Uber.

I'm fine with Wednesday, August 29th, but needs to be 7pm central or later.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I got an invite last year but didn't see the PM in time smh. I'm in for the waiting list.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
Oddly enough, I'm kind of fine with that slot remaining W/T as is. Most people will use it as a WR slot given the sorry state of TE, granted... in fact, I'm fairly certain it WAS simply a WR3 slot back in the day before we expanded it to allow for Tight Ends as well given player scarcity in the event that people happened to have a productive Tight End they could throw in there.

But transitioning it over to a full FLEX role would likely prove problematic in the event that someone lucked into an Alvin Kamara-type situation like last season to supplement their two starting RBs and effectively turn into an insurmountable force that just demolishes through the competition in unexciting fashion. I believe that exact scenario played out in Frankman's league last year and it wasn't all that much fun. I think the W/T designation acts as a check against that.
I'm down for reducing missed field goal over 40+. Also in Frankmans league I DRAFTED Karama on purpose, and kept him 3 weeks while he barely got any carries. I just listen to the right podcast that was hyping him up and got lucky. But I agree let's keep it as W/T.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
I'd prefer drafting after the 26th... injuries CAN happen any time during the preseason but they're not too common after Week 3 as teams won't be playing their starters for any significant volume of snaps.

I'll second a suggestion of Wednesday, August 29th... preferably in the evening to forego work conflicts.

I'm travelling on the 29th-31st. A weekday that week would be pretty tough.

edit: Poll thread is on the League page

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
California
Thanks for the invite! Changing my team name from Joe GOATANA to Jimmy Guappolo.

Seeing that I finished "5th of 16th" is a giant chip on my shoulder.

Last edited:

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
I am going to post this is the league thread and this thread. I see we already have two votes for the 2nd. I asked back in MAY if the draft date could be not on Sept 2nd. I feel like am pretty flexible with my dates. I don't think I'll have wifi in my B&B and even if I did I'm not waking up at 2 or 3 am on vacation for a draft that usually takes over 2 hours. I'm going to wait to vote for a date that hopefully can contest the 2nd. If the date remains the 2nd I will probably not be rejoining the league because I'm not paying $75 to auto draft.

Last edited:
OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I've never understood why the waiting list doesn't form a second league.
That would be viable if the waiting list ever wound up large enough with interested parties to form a 2nd cash league.
We almost invariably clear through the entire thing before draft day as folks drop out.
Spillover leagues are far more common in this community when there isn't a buy-in attached.

Incidentally, I'll be updating the OP regularly as owners cover their league dues so we know where we stand on the waiting list front.
I expect to be soliciting for Emails for league invites starting with the top of the list starting Monday.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
Ok so I'm dumping the last 2 players from last year who haven't re-joined. There will be 2 open spots

First dibs go to Hokahey and Jack Remington. PM myself or Uber to get an invite

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
We're dropping anyone who hasn't paid by Wednesday. Waitlisters post your emails as spots may be opening up

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I've updated the OP to reflect the 8 teams that have officially paid up their entry dues for the upcoming season.
Additionally, all wait listers have now been contacted and/or issued league invites so I would encourage you to secure your spots as soon as you're able.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Joined up. First time in a 16 team league, definitely interested to see how this draft looks. Looking forward to joining you all!

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
16-team leagues are an experience. If you haven't been in one before, I encourage you to go through some mocks in advance so you can get a sense of how to prioritize your picks. If you're on either end of the snake and having to wait upwards of 25-30 picks before the draft comes back around to you, you WILL miss out on coveted players and positional runs so you'll want to be able to adjust on the fly. There is quite a bit of reaching in this format because of the large gaps between picks so look forward to those as well.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Yeah I've done 14 team the last couple years, including one this year where I had 1 overall and the wait was brutal. Definitely gonna do a couple mocks this week.

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
As of now:

10 paid
5 unpaid
1 open slot

We'll be dropping all unpaid folks 11:59pm ET tomorrow

OP
OP
UberTag

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
One of these years LeagueSafe will get their act together and support international markets.
Frankly, I'm just happy to have another fellow Canadian in the league.

FYI, I'm also on the side of givinggrangandJack Remingtona little more time as they literally just joined the league barely 24 hours ago.

GCQuinton andSinistarhave been around long enough to know to get their jellybeans in on time. That said, they should ideally give Cloudy a heads up if they're waiting for a Friday payday or something.

Last edited:

NYR

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, all paid up, PayPal sucks, charged me $3 to transfer lol. Whatever, all good.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
Sorry about that, paid up. I was in fact going to wait for Friday pay day, so thanks for the heads up Uber

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
13 have paid. 2 haven't and there's one open slot. There will be 3 tonight if 2 folks don't pay. Stay tuned

cloudy

Nov 10, 2017
One of these years LeagueSafe will get their act together and support international markets.
Frankly, I'm just happy to have another fellow Canadian in the league.

FYI, I'm also on the side of givinggrangandJack Remingtona little more time as they literally just joined the league barely 24 hours ago.

GCQuinton andSinistarhave been around long enough to know to get their jellybeans in on time. That said, they should ideally give Cloudy a heads up if they're waiting for a Friday payday or something.

The draft is too close and they haven't reached out to me at all. We may not be able to draft on Sunday if I'm not strict and settling on that date was a huge pain that I don't want to repeat

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
The draft is too close and they haven't reached out to me at all. We may not be able to draft on Sunday if I'm not strict and settling on that date was a huge pain that I don't want to repeat
Yeah no way should we change the draft date because people can't be bothered to pay up. I'm sure we can round up a few people last minute if necessary. Posts could be made in the FF advice thread and on the main NFL thread. If we only have 14 people then it is what it is. How many do we have paid up at this moment?

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I know you want to keep it members of the board, but my brother and I lost the same main league this year and I know he's looking for one. I could get him to sign up for ERA. If you would rather fill spots than reduce the league size, he is an option that will take the league seriously. Just thought I'd offer.

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
13 have paid. 2 haven't and there's one open slot. There will be 3 tonight if 2 folks don't pay. Stay tuned

Shit, I didn't realize the due date was tonight.

Unfortunately I'm not going to have the money until Friday, so you should drop me. Apologies to you and to Ubertag, who was kind enough to invite me. It was kind of a last minute thing, and I did a poor job with my finances this month.