• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El_Dabrah

Feb 18, 2024
There is a graininess to this game that makes it very difficult to see things at times. It's weird. Maybe it is my HDR. I'm going to try it without HDR and see what happens. Still getting a hang of the combat. Beautiful game.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've seen gameplay, but I had ask, the game as a whole, what does it resemble the closest in terms of play (to another game) and its systems?

Combat is animation driven with a stamina bar like Dark Souls, while the perspective and loot systems resemble Diablo. The world is completely handcrafted, so going through areas will likely feel more like a Souls game.

Boopers

Nov 1, 2020
Vermont usa
So far so good.

Only two requests so far:
1) be nice if interactive objects were a bit shinier and easier to see
2) I'd love to be able to zoom in the camera like you can in D4

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
There is a graininess to this game that makes it very difficult to see things at times. It's weird. Maybe it is my HDR. I'm going to try it without HDR and see what happens. Still getting a hang of the combat. Beautiful game.

Can I ask a huge favor? Can you let me know if there are any HUD options, ie, can you turn off the floating health bars? Super interested in this game but don't wanna buy it unless I can clean up the onscreen UI

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how I feel about the combat yet. It feels like enemies don't follow the same rules I do, like they have way more stamina and don't get staggered in the same way.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Can I ask a huge favor? Can you let me know if there are any HUD options, ie, can you turn off the floating health bars? Super interested in this game but don't wanna buy it unless I can clean up the onscreen UI
image.png

Not that poster but here you go.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Just was able to play it for a quick bit to see how it ran on my system. Pretty smooth with dynamic res. Even in the settings they mention DLSS coming soon.

Bunch of nods to Souls. I've even been exploiting the roll behind enemies to perform a critical backstab. Also liking the variety of animations they have for different weapons.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
LET ME PAUSE THE GAAAAAAAAAME. AUGH.

Offline games should always have a pause button available, unless I'm outright missing it here.

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Reading some of the steam reviews and it's clear some of these people have never played an Early Access game.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Does it heavily into the ARPG loot side, the soulsborne side, or strikes right in the middle?

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Does it heavily into the ARPG loot side, the soulsborne side, or strikes right in the middle?
I'd say this game has very little of Diablo in it, it's a straight up top down Dark Souls, period.

not feeling the combat really, though, you can't block/parry or dodge during the attack animations? that seems like a huge mistake.

Ninoo

Jan 13, 2020
The combat feels like Lords of the Fallen (2014) so far. I hope it gets better but the opening feels very sluggish and floaty.

Yes, and that content is sometimes sponsored by a company that supplies them with a code so they can show it to their dedicated fanbase. Again, "part of their job".

That's like saying taking steroids is part of a wrestlers job. That it happens doesn't make it acceptable or part of the job.

Bengraven