• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I think for EA and Ubisoft in particular, this is perfectly fine
They don't bring strong showings generally, so having a buildup at a later date of more than just concept art etc. is smart

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Also, seems like no Nintendo either..however, we have to wait until next week to get confirmation of that...
Nintendo probably will confirm it in the coming days. Their "E3 Date" is usually June 15th, so there's a lot of time to get an announcement out before hand, not that they can't do it closer to that date. They know damn well that they could announce it 2 days prior to the date and people will get increasingly excited for it. So there's no real reason to worry yet

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Two major Ubisoft games will probably be at platform events, so not a surprise.

Mario Rabbids at Nintendo

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
No Ubisoft june showcase? Then what will i do with my yearly demand of the yearly Just Dance showcase and flashmob?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I can't stand this "later this year" stuff. Hopefully they have something interesting, but even the AC is apparently like old AC and I don't give a shit about that.

ZombieC

Alt Account
May 24, 2022
I hope they finally show that F2P The Division, but putting my expectations low because F2P + Ubisoft = MTX everywhere.

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I'm really going to miss the E3 week-format. I absolutely loved having that one week filled with news and gameplay, spreading it out over a couple of months just doesn't hit for me.

Jul 26, 2018
I don't think Ubi has much to announce for this year, if they do release Avatar that will be a big release but chances are it will be buggity bugged if the division 2 is something to go by.

overthewaves

Sep 30, 2020
They can just show whatever they have at the Nintendo/Sony/MS shows anyway. We don't need Mr. Caffeine back

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Further proof that E3 (and E3 timeframe) is dead
Isn't there just as much 'proof' on the other side of that supposed argument given we are getting a Sony, Xbox, Bethesda, Devolver, PC, Futures, and Keighley showcase within like 10 days in June? If Nintendo does announce for this timeframe, there isn't really any missing pieces besides EA and Ubisoft at that point.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Isn't there just as much 'proof' on the other side of that supposed argument given we are getting a Sony, Xbox, Bethesda, Devolver, PC, Futures, and Keighley showcase within like 10 days in June? If Nintendo does announce for this timeframe, there isn't really any missing pieces besides EA and Ubisoft at that point.
If you're talking about publishers showing their wares online to consumers, then sure. But E3 wasn't meant to be that, and wasn't that. E3 was a physical event that people traveled to. That is dead.

To be fair, the post you're responding to isn't really "more" evidence that E3 is dead. Just shows that guaranteeing a week long period, fixed period every year for every publisher isn't really necessary, and publishers should show what they have when they have it and when they're ready.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Tnx. But to be fair I am just messing with Rhaknar I simply changed keyboard on my phone and I now have issues writing correctly XD I need to go back to default one that I am used to XD

I already put a pox on your entire bloodline anyway, maybe now you'll learn to pay attention.

I hope you like green M&Ms because everytime you or any of your offspring opens a new bag, it's just green ones.

A bag full of rgeen M&Ms. Imagine the horror.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Everything we have heard from Ubisoft is that they are losing staff and projects are stalling, so I wouldn't be shocked if even a delayed presentation is lacking.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
This is the point some of us were making about other publishers and showcases.

Ubi will just have their major one later.

PRrambo_

PlayStation.jif
Oct 25, 2017
Its fine, and I get it. They are often overshadowed by other announcements so now they wait until maybe late july or early august and have the spotlight on themselves.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I already put a pox on your entire bloodline anyway, maybe now you'll learn to pay attention.

I hope you like green M&Ms because everytime you or any of your offspring opens a new bag, it's just green ones.

A bag full of rgeen M&Ms. Imagine the horror.

I rarely eat M&M and chocolate one taste the same so I just put hand full of them in the mouth without even looking at the color :P

And Ubisoft could at this point have entire hour long conference about their F2P games XD

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Damn...i really want to see how they're world building evolve with the new tech. Hoping for sooner rather than later.