• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Prompto

Oct 25, 2017
Other Marvel projects are still in development at Fox. In fact, Legion creator Noah Hawley is writing a script for Doctor Doom, a solo film about the Fantastic Four villain.

Hawley told Rotten Tomatoes that the film is still on track, so that's another Marvel film that could happen before or after the Disney merger.

"I haven't had a phone call, and I'm just operating under the assumption that it's business as usual," Hawley said. "Obviously, the merger, should it go through, will take a year at least. Certainly no one's reached out to me from Marvel or Fox to say, 'Well, you know, maybe we should take a beat or maybe we should rush.' I'm working on the script, and we'll see what the landscape is when I deliver it."

Doctor Doom will be Hawley's priority after season 2 of Legion, so there's a chance it could be ready to go into production before the merger.

"It's coming," Hawley promised. "I'm almost done with the last Legion script, and then it's my first responsibility."
From this larger article on RottenTomatoes

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This won't manifest the way it was, but he might still be involved if they shift it to a FF movie.

kswiston

Oct 24, 2017
Anything Marvel related that isn't casting or shooting before the merger goes through is probably going to the chopping block. But why would Fox do that now? If the merger is shut down, they still need films in development.

AlexCampy89

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
He is a Great (with capitol G) writer. Let him do a movie about the greatest Marvel villain ever.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I don't know... unless Feige knows for sure how he's going to fold the FF in, it'd be stupid to not entertain a Hawley Doom script.

Scubamonk

Oct 30, 2017
Really hoping this goes forward. This is the comic book movie I am the most interested in easily.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I would assume this isn't happening but I think with adjustments this could be a perfect introduction movie for FF in to the MCU. Could knock the whole "Marvel has bad villains" issue out. I'm curious what they have in mind for this, because I could see a scenario where there really doesn't need to be anymore acknowledgement of the wider MCU than the Marvel TV shows do.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
He's s great choice to helm this-but they should wait to incorporate it into the MCU.