• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
A new FFVII Remake interview finally confirms Nobuo Uematsu is involved in the project. He previously stated in late 2015 that he had no involvement at all with it. Good to hear he is returning! :)

UPDATE:

I'm not so sure this is 100% confirmation Uematsu is working on the Remake. The interview this article was pulled from is related to "BRA ★ BRA Final Fantasy", It's heavily implied in the interview that he is, so I'm cautiously optimistic:

Kitase : Currently, I am working on the FFVII Remake, and although Uematsu-san has been working on various titles, I haven't worked directly with him since FFX. When I first went to ask Uematsu-san to work on the music for the remake, he had already distanced himself from SE to work on other projects, so I was thinking (worried) I might be treated coldly….

Everybody present : (laughs)

Kitase : Or so I thought, but the power of the words FFVII man

I just put up an article about this over on thelifestream.

UPDATE 2:

Radigar said:
I contacted with other user that could have the BRA BRA pamphlet in this twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/midgarteam/statu...567137280?s=19

One of his replies Talk about other Kitase quotes at the interview:

「7ってワード出したら植松氏の目が輝いて、やる気メラメラ」
Hian translation: "At the word 7, Uematsu's eyes lit up and he was completely on board"

Source.

UPDATE 3:

The other day Naoki Yoshida basically confirmed that Uematsu is working on FFVIIR:
Will Nobuo Uematsu-san compose the theme song for Shadowbringers?

Naoki Yoshida, Director & Producer: "To be frank, I can't give you an answer. There's definitely a reason. As you may be aware, Uematsu-san has been feeling a bit under the weather. He recently said that he's gotten better, but we can't just have him immediately start working after recovering, and there remains a very important job for him with Final Fantasy VII Remake, and as much as I'd love to ask him to compose if he's in tiptop shape, the call is theirs to make."

Source.

Last edited:

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Wooo nice, FF7's soundtrack is probably my least favorite out of the mainline FF games, but this incredible they got him back on it, nice.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Slipping inbetween the usual release date shitposts to say I'm very excited about this. Hoping he's in for more than just a couple of tracks.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Oh man I wonder how they are going to redo the music. They need to make a sample of Still More Fighting and release it to the masses.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
The distant world rerecordings are so good. Really wonder if the same style will just be used for the rest of it. Ideally they make it a bit more innovative

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I'm amazed he wasn't involved in the beginning, but maybe they're doing it right now.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Remixing/Rearranging his already amazing soundtrack or making new tracks?

Hopefully a little of both, fully orchestral.

Zanasea

Oct 28, 2017
France
I'd suggest you hold your horses: if he is involved, it probably will just be supervision and maybe writing a new song or main theme. But he will certainly not arrange anything himself.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
*joke about the game taking a long time*

Exciting news, I know a lot of people are down on the 7 remake but I'm still really looking forward to it so hearing this is really pleasing. Praying for gameplay at E3.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
everytime they said Uematsu was returning he would just do one track and let his protégé Tsutomi Narita to do the whole work while receiving all the credit.

Not falling for that marketing ploy again for the umpteenth time

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
The contract at that time wasnt even arranged yet so maybe he still had nothing to say at that time

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Not to be pessimistic or anything, but I'm expecting something like a "Music Supervisor" credit. He's gonna oversee remixes and remasters of his original soundtrack, but I doubt he'll compose anything new.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
the secret of mana remake reminded me of how some rearrangements can really miss the mark, though most songs ended up okay

nevertheless it's assuring to have nob on board

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly I'd rather have Tsuyoshi Sekito be the lead composer of FF7 Remake, he has shown to be a tremendous composer and he was the lead guitarist in the Black Mages band. If there's anyone I trust when it comes to re-arrange Final Fantasy VII, it'd be him.

edit: him on the guitar

Oct 27, 2017
Really great that they've managed to get him on board. I assume in 2015 when Uematsu was asked the game was at CC2 and Square were still effectively working on a consultancy role (with a few key leading figures). Now that the game is in-house it seems logical to bring back Uematsu in some capacity. Even if he is just there as a consultant I will be happy because it means he has a hand in what the final 'sound' of the game is. Look forward to playing this game within the next couple years (I'm not in the 2021 club, if this game is still episodic I expect it next autumn/fall).

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Fine I guess? FFVII had an amazing OST, but no matter how you arrange or remix the sound, I often find myself preferring the original personally, unless FFVII remake have completely new tracks, which it may very well be, so that's sweet.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
Nobuo Uematsu and his work on the Final Fantasy VII soundtrack is what inspired me to start playing piano. I always loved the soundtrack to VII, but when I heard his piano renditions I fell in love. The songs take on a new life without the constraints of MIDI during the PS1 era. I can't wait to hear the final mix of the remake. No one other than Uematsu should do it. FFVII soundtrack is a masterpiece, in my opinion.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
He needs to do it all. ALL. No "I'm only rescoring a track or two" bullshit.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Hell yeah! The music from that game has stayed with me for so long. I was kind of bummed when I had heard he wasn't involved a while back. I hope there's new pieces to go along with the redone original score.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
Hopefully he re-arranges the full soundtrack, FF VII's OST is pretty good and listeting to the orchestrated tracks can improve the game a lot.