• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
these are on the youtube page of nintendo of france, will probably be uploaded elsewhere later

the commercials:

overview trailer (spoils pretty much the entire game, lol)

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The art style grows on me the more and more I see of it. It's such a pretty game, and I'm excited to finally play it for the first time.

Can't wait.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
seriously tho, i hate how they haven't kept anything as a surprise for those who have already played the game. just by watching the trailers and stuff i know basically how everything in the old game looks like in the new style. i wish they would have kept the promotions to the first few hours of the game but now they've basically shown most of the dungeons, most of the bosses, most of the characters, most of the enemies, etc.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
seriously tho, i hate how they haven't kept anything as a surprise for those who have already played the game. just by watching the trailers and stuff i know basically how everything in the old game looks like in the new style. i wish they would have kept the promotions to the first few hours of the game but now they've basically shown most of the dungeons, most of the bosses, most of the characters, most of the enemies, etc.
Ok, i will not watch them, thanks for the advice.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Between this and Banjo-Kazooie in Smash, it's like two of my favorite games from '98 are being brought into the modern era

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
i wonder if the theme song with vocals will be used in-game and if they do, will there be an english version
I think it would make for a good end credit theme, I hope they do that. Otherwise, I think the ingame version of the song will the same as the one we heard in the debut trailer (with real vocals but not no actual lyrics, just "oo"-ing).

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it would make for a good end credit theme, I hope they do that. Otherwise, I think the ingame version of the song will the same as the one we heard in the debut trailer (with real vocals but not no actual lyrics, just "oo"-ing).
yeah i can see that happening. the humming version being used in-game, with the vocal version used during the credits.
would also make sense with
the version of the song in-game being sung by dream marin, but her being outside of the dream in the good ending

Last edited:

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio

They're not forcing you to watch anything. I've avoided almost all new footage since E3 and I feel like I haven't been spoiled.

Gain some willpower and just don't look.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. Was gonna save my voucher for Dragon Quest or Luigi's Mansion, but I might have to get this. Never played the original, so will be coming in fresh.

I really want that song from the Japanese commerical.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Already pre-loaded and ready to go, but nice to see they're still throwing the nostalgia net as far as they can for this with that second one.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're not forcing you to watch anything. I've avoided almost all new footage since E3 and I feel like I haven't been spoiled.

Gain some willpower and just don't look.
yeah of course that's an option. but it's not very common, for most games (including nintendo games), to spoil this much in their pre-release trailers.

CaptainMatilder

Certified FANatic
May 27, 2018
:( i'm still day 1 but it sure would have been nice to see this stuff for myself when playing the game.
Don't watch the videos and images before release then. :D
Luckily, I am on a media blackout. I only know the very first announcement trailer. I did the same with BotW.
However, I never played Links Awakening back then, so for me it's a completely new game. :)

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Damn. Was gonna save my voucher for Dragon Quest or Luigi's Mansion, but I might have to get this. Never played the original, so will be coming in fresh.

I really want that song from the Japanese commerical.

Wow, to see someone not having played the game ever!
People make a big deal about the game's twist, but you shouldn't fuzz about it if you already got spoiled, it's a very fun, dungeon-puzzley Zelda, with some very unique elements, like the Feather that lets Link JUMP (WOW). Go into the game without watching any previews and enjoy!!

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't watch the videos and images before release then. :D
Luckily, I am on a media blackout. I only know the very first announcement trailer. I did the same with BotW.
However, I never played Links Awakening back then, so for me it's a completely new game. :)
Often overlooked because it's released around the time ALttP and OoT more or less defined the series, but it's quietly one of the best playing, with one of the more fascinating themes and plotlines.

Billy Lee

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
Oh man, that second video cuts deep. Nintendo knows what it's doing.

There's a slightly longer version of that one. I saw it on TV today. He`s moving home and comes down to the basement to collect his old stuff. He sees his old Gameboy, picks it up, flips it over and realises there are no batteries in it. He then sits down and has a gaming session right there playing Links Awakening on the Switch. It's really sweet.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the framerate still drops in heavy parts, like in the village when the cuccos attack or in the water.

shinken

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why companies always do this with remakes. Capcom and Konami did the same with Re Remake and MGS TTS. Showing every cutscene, environment and bosses.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, to see someone not having played the game ever!
People make a big deal about the game's twist, but you shouldn't fuzz about it if you already got spoiled, it's a very fun, dungeon-puzzley Zelda, with some very unique elements, like the Feather that lets Link JUMP (WOW). Go into the game without watching any previews and enjoy!!
Didn't know there was a twist! Now I'll be looking for it constantly!

Usually I can't resist looking at previews and reviews, but I'm too occupied with MH Iceborne now, so I should be able to stay away.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Didn't know there was a twist! Now I'll be looking for it constantly!

Usually I can't resist looking at previews and reviews, but I'm too occupied with MH Iceborne now, so I should be able to stay away.

Haha, M. Night Shyamalan this isn't, it's more that the story is a bit of an odd one in this, but feel free to speculate to your heart's content while playing.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Good Lord the French and Japanese commercials are excellent, they made me teary eyed a little. Well done Nintendo.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This game will be a hoot!

edit: ho-lee crap. I never realized you could bomb that big skull that blocks access between two important areas. I always went the long away around. FML.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Looks great, but those framerate drops have me concerned. I just hope they don't happen all too often.