• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So to give some background information. Back on October 11th Bruce Straley was on Game Radar and expressed his interest on what he would like in Uncharted 5. (More freedom, more choices on outcome etc.) Evenually led to a fan asking Nolan North his view on Uncharted 5 and his response is down below.

Orginal Story

I can definitely see a new uncharted coming not sure what they'd do but can see Nathan Drake will 100% be in the game in some way.

AldzDrakul

Oct 28, 2017
hmmm would be nice and turn it into Indiana Jones: Last Crusade or a better version of Crystal Skull. Maybe the daughter and turn it into ala Last of Us?

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I could go for more stuff like Lost Legacy, fleshing out the side characters and such.

Give me the adventures of Sully and Sam.

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
Do I have to star in this one? Can't my daughter do the heavy lifting and I can be her Sully?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I feel like the series hit a wonderful closing point, I really don't think it needs another entry. Give us a new IP instead.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I loved the series and the characters, I think I'm ready for a non-Nathan Uncharted if not just a new IP entirely. They set it up perfectly to have his daughter take the lead perhaps with Nathan taking on more of a supporting role akin to Victor Goddamn Sullivan.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't know if I want another Drake game. I'd much rather have another adventure with Chloe and Nadine, or hell do a Sully game.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Bruce leave Naughty Dog?

Like, if Bruce wants to join the new Uncharted studio and help them I would be fine with that, but I really don't know if I need or want to see Nate again.

I'd rather the next game be about Chloe (with no Nadine) vs. another Nate story. Nate's story is good and done.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
well, surely Nolan likes money so...

And i would be up for one more, just make it a Drake family game where Old-Nathan is just one of the playable characters.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I won't say no to another Uncharted, but Drake's story shouldn't continue after the amazing ending in 4.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They could totally do a game like Lost Legacy but have Nate in it and not be the protagonist. He can tag along like Sully or someone else from the crew.

Nate could toally be involved and NOT be the protagonist.

Jul 24, 2018
well, surely Nolan likes money so...

And i would be up for one more, just make it a Drake family game where Old-Nathan is just one of the playable characters.
I'd say it's more that he loves Drake and working on Uncharted is always a delight to him. A feeling he has reiterated several times including in his recent playthrough of the first Uncharted alongside Troy Baker on their Retro Replay channel.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
I thought Bruce was on sabbatical after getting burned out from being asked to do U4 after TLoU back to back? And I thought the sabbatical would last a couple more years. Nice to see him back on the scene and still wanting to create.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it's more that he loves Drake and working on Uncharted is always a delight to him. A feeling he has reiterated several times including in his recent playthrough of the first Uncharted alongside Troy Baker on their Retro Replay channel.

that too of course, and he doesn´t want Keifer Sutherland to take over the role

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I must've missed that Straley left Naughty Dog. I know he took an extended break, but didn't know he actually left. I'm happy he still has an interest in working on games.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure WB thought Montréal could do the same.

I mean, it's not IMPOSSIBLE for a new studio to take the reins of a classic franchise and continue it without destroying it.

But yeah, there aren't a lot of great examples of it happening lately. I would hope Sony is putting a lot of energy into making sure whoever continues Uncharted is taking the responsibility seriously.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
UC4 ended the franchise perfectly for me, so honestly I'm fine with it ending there on a high note.

Oct 27, 2017
Id rather it stare Chloe but if they have to pull Drake back in I'd rather it focus on his kids and go against the grain with the story.

They should pull a TLOU and have the player do something to doom Nathan or some twist.

The narrative was fun but if they're doing a whole new branch of games I'd prefer if they address how unsustainable that life is for Nathan and family.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I would love this so much but to star Drake again? Eh, I would prefer maybe if he is a major character but not the main character. I would like to see his daughter and Elena as the stars.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
After they made him old at the end and gave Chloe and Nadine the better PS4 Uncharted, I cant fathom this being a good idea

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
We don't know where Bruce Straley went yet, do we? What if he's at that new San Diego studio?

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017
55e92ee074cd6e76b815cadf0fd1236f43f1e2ff.gif

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
4's epilogue rapped things up really nicely, so getting more Drake wouldn't make much sense. I guess a prequel could work, but really a new Uncharted should focus on some other character at this point.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I think Bruce is happy to be out of AAA development. He's had what? 3 years away. He could probably get a job at any AAA studio he'd like given his work.
I think Uncharted needs a rest for awhile longer still, really don't want Nate or his daughter to be lead, his story ended great.

TazKa

Oct 27, 2017
I would love this so much but to star Drake again? Eh, I would prefer maybe if he is a major character but not the main character. I would like to see his daughter and Elena as the stars.

It would star a Drake and if Bruce Straley would return that would be a dream come true.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
If they do a 5th game it should star his daughter and bring back the supernatural aspects.

If it's not Naughty Dog, why even bother?

I'm a fan of the games but they aren't that sacred that someone else couldn't do the series justice or improve upon it's flaws. Now whether Naughty Dog would want someone else to take the helm again is up to them.