• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"retro replay"

giphy.gif

I love this place :D

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I always had a soft spot for the first Uncharted. While the other games were globe-trotting adventures, I actually liked that the first game was confined to one island.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is surprisingly common with video games, the guy who voices Eggman in the recent Sonic games has never played any of them.

"Recent sonic games" he is only the 2nd Eggman. Been the voice since around heroes when the original actor passed. Should have have the roll over Jim Carry.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
who the hell are these dudes?

Huh? Have you heard of Uncharted? Well the guy Nolan North Plays Nathan Drake, he's playing the Video he voiced for the 1st time, Troy Baker the younger guy with beard is Joel from the last of us and sam drake.

As well as LOADS of video game and cartoon voices voices, chances are if you have played a video game or watched cartoons in the last 10yrs these two have been in them, nolan was deadpool in the deadpool game, theyve both been in cod games, batman arkham (nolan was penguin) troy was joker once etc etc

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Still can't believe that Bluepoint used the worst face models (U3) and ruined the whole collection.
They just love ass face models, this explains SoTC too.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, OP, sounds like fun!

The only thing I dislike about the first game is the bunker segment with the The Descent creatures. That was bad.

Ha, I don't do well with horror, so I was doing a panicked, "WTF?! I didn't sign on for this!" throughout the whole segment.

I also didn't love the jet ski section, I felt like I was fighting the jet ski controls more than the enemies - especially that one section where you got up some rapids. I think I died more there than in the whole section with the monsters!

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
"hold on, I'm very good in this scene"

lol, these two are amazing. Can't wait to see when they get into 2 and 3 though. Those were mind blowing and such big advancements over the first one.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Hell yeah.

I'm playing Tales From the Borderlands right now, so I'm all for listening to more Troy Baker.

That may read like sarcasm, but Baker is one of my favorite VAs

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
They only replaced the face texture and hair to U3's. It was the best one from last gen.
Nah they redid the eyes in UC2 because people thought Chloe's eyes looked "too wet", the problem was that it only really affected Chloe but they redid everyone, so Drake ended up with muppet looking ping pong ball eyes in UC2 and it looks really off quite frequently. His teeth are also so dark that in some cutscenes it looks like he has no teeth lol, like the scene near the beginning where he meets with Flynn.
40651806623_aeb46957cc_b.jpg

It was also a shame they never added enemy hit reactions to UC3, the only UC game that was missing them, or redo the weapon sounds in UC2. They also used Nate's Theme from 3 as the title screen for all 3 games instead of their respective versions.
On topic though, I really hope they do another video for each of the games, that was fun. I'd watch a whole let's play if they did one.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Nah they redid the eyes in UC2 because people thought Chloe's eyes looked "too wet", the problem was that it only really affected Chloe but they redid everyone, so Drake ended up with muppet looking ping pong ball eyes in UC2 and it looks really off quite frequently. His teeth are also so dark that in some cutscenes it looks like he has no teeth lol, like the scene near the beginning where he meets with Flynn.
40651806623_aeb46957cc_b.jpg

It was also a shame they never added enemy hit reactions to UC3, the only UC game that was missing them, or redo the weapon sounds in UC2. They also used Nate's Theme from 3 as the title screen for all 3 games instead of their respective versions.
On topic though, I really hope they do another video for each of the games, that was fun. I'd watch a whole let's play if they did one.

Yikes. I bought the Nathan Drake collection due to my love of the series, but haven't actually replayed them through it yet. Don't think I will now. I'll just keep waiting for RPCS3 to get them perfect (they're getting there!) and play through the original versions at 4k.

Not sure how I feel about this.

Sigh... Well, Nolan and Troy have made themselves youtubers now so it was only a matter of time until they collaborated with a piece of shit I guess. I was already giving them some serious side-eye due to some of the jokes they made throughout Retro Replay, but now they made a video with a dude who is good friends with Pewdiepie and has defended him for years. C'mon, guys... Be better.

I'm expecting Jack Black to be next, his youtube channel (managed by his son) is already subbed to Pewdiepie.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
They just did the next part! So good.

Love the bits where Nolan goes into little behind the scenes details and Troy's reactions are so good.

This was awesome. I love both of them.
This. It's so fun listening to them as they go through it!

"hold on, I'm very good in this scene"

lol, these two are amazing. Can't wait to see when they get into 2 and 3 though. Those were mind blowing and such big advancements over the first one.
Yup
Loved the first one a ton though as well.