• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Gematsu said:
Nomura responded, "Not everyone may know this, but I'm remaking Final Fantasy VII… (laughs). Right now I'm concentrating on Kingdom Hearts III, but when that's finished, VII will be where I head next. I'm thinking about ideas regarding the remake's release—I even spoke to producer Kitase about it today. All of us old-timers are considering various developments in regards to what accompanies the remake. Like if we can manage to do something about the Compilation [of Final Fantasy VII] titles too. But for the time being, please wait for VII's turn to come."
Source: https://gematsu.com/2018/11/nomura-...sidered-to-accompany-final-fantasy-vii-remake

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the next big thing for SE Japan after Kingdom Hearts 3 ships right?

At least that should mean its probably only 3-5 years away.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nomura responded, "Not everyone may know this, but I'm remaking Final Fantasy VII… (laughs). Right now I'm concentrating on Kingdom Hearts III, but when that's finished, VII will be where I head next.

lol

2023 for Episode 1 with PS5 Pro enhancements.

inner-G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PNW
Compilation of Final Fantasy VII Remake

This means we're going to get Dirge of Cerberus 4K/VR!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Nomura was just the original artist for FF7, is he directing or producing the remake? I really hope that's not the case.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to say maybe focus on getting the first game episode out but apparently making a billion side pieces of media worked for FFXV so who knows.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Hold your horses, Mr. Nomura. First let's see if you can deliver Episode 1 of the remake before you retire.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I just hope Kitase & team are doing the heavy lifting right now while Nomura is wrapping KH3.

I refuse to believe this project has just been sitting around waiting for Nomura. :(

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus remasters pretty much confirmed then. Not surprising considering SE are remastering anything these days.

I'd love it if they did something with Before Crisis.

I wonder if this gives us any clues as to when we'll see VII part 1. I still think part 1 will be next Christmas or early 2020. Potentially we could see some remasters to fill the gaps between parts.

It also suggests that because they're now thinking about how to support the remake, they're in a position where they're confident it's gonna turn out well. They've been saying that for a while but it's interesting nonetheless.

Deleted member 426

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus remasters pretty much confirmed then. Not surprising considering SE are remastering anything these days.

I'd love it if they did something with Before Crisis.

I wonder if this gives us any clues as to when we'll see VII part 1. I still think part 1 will be next Christmas or early 2020. Potentially we could see some remasters to fill the gaps between parts.

It also suggests that because they're now thinking about how to support the remake, they're in a position where they're confident it's gonna turn out well. They've been saying that for a while but it's interesting nonetheless.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Would love to see Crisis Core come back.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
No one wants the compilation stuff. Maybe have Hexadrive do a quickie HD remaster of Crisis Core but I can't see anything else being worth it.

I'd rather see Ivalice stuff remastered tbh.

Jan 2, 2018
Right now I'm concentrating on Kingdom Hearts III, but when that's finished, VII will be where I head next.

Hilarious. It sounds like they are waiting for the release of KH3 before they even begin with the development of the FF VII Remake.
I know it's not the case, but considering the troubled development a fresh start could perhaps help?

Deleted member 12555

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Am I hallucinating or was this getting remade while completely ignoring the (snort) larger FFVII universe?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So that's where all the hubbub went. To KH3. Well based on what i've seen of KH3, it looks worth it. I can wait for FF7R if i get what im seeing out of KH3 out of that.

Also, give me a crisis core remake Nomura. And bring back ishimoto for soundtrack!

TheSyldat

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
I have no faith whatsoever in this remake being anything remotely good.

I mean look at FF XV sure you gave us plenty of eye candy and bromance , but the rest of the story is disjointed the gameplay is atrocious etc etc ...

FF XII wasn't bad it was an awkward compromise but at least it still felt like you were somewhat in control of the squad. In XV your teamates are useless and you can't even control them. This obsession with getting rid of turn based gameplay led Square Astray and nothing they put out these days pleases RPG fans and others just don't join anyway because "it's silly corny weeabo shit" ...

It's about time Square admits they were wrong and back pedal and return to form really ...

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
It's so obvious they're going to use a similar strategy as FFXV. They're going to release 10 companion products to the actual game that will all be of dubious quality in order to have more revenue streams and it will just be another stain on the original game the same way it happened with Compilation of FF7.

Jan 2, 2018
I have no faith whatsoever in this remake being anything remotely good.

I mean look at FF XV sure you gave us plenty of eye candy and bromance , but the rest of the story is disjointed the gameplay is atrocious etc etc ...

FF XII wasn't bad it was an awkward compromise but at least it still felt like you were somewhat in control of the squad. In XV your teamates are useless and you can't even control them. This obsession with getting rid of turn based gameplay led Square Astray and nothing they put out these days pleases RPG fans and others just don't join anyway because "it's silly corny weeabo shit" ...

It's about time Square admits they were wrong and back pedal and return to form really ...

I miss the times of Sakaguchi. It really seems the franchise lost it's core when it's creator left.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't be SE if they didn't let Nomura have 10 years per game while cancelling everything else that looks good.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe they will release Crisis Core as a movie to serve as prologue to the remake. This would spoil the biggest plot twist of FFVII though.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Oh man they ara going to milk the shit out of this again....

Wouldn't mind a Crisis Core Remaster though.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to get the movie, free anime episode and then series to accompany the game announcement, and then Nomura being replaced by Tabata for head of the team

wait............this sounds all familiar