• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
This morning during the Kingdom Hearts Second Breath Concert, Nomura mentioned an event that occurred after the Kingdom Hearts IV reveal event last year, that determined the direction of the series going forward, to Shimomura and the audience.

View: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1637437902576824320?s=20

Given that he spoke about it in public and according to attendees, the way it came off wasn't in a negative way, it's most likely something very positive for the series that he was excited to tease.

View: https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1637443727336837121?s=20

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I would have to assume it's something with Disney, right? Maybe more lenient on something?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
andre-the-giant-oh-no.gif

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Probably got the green light to use Star Wars and/or Marvel from Disney. Or better yet the green light to adapt any Disney ip however Nomura wants without crazy Disney oversight.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i forgot this was announced

but yea now i remember sora's feet

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I can actually confirm that this is legit, I have been hearing rumblings that the new CEO is really not fond of games that don't have any cool features and instead wants to make KH4 the first large SE property to be made full using the power of NFTs and Blockchain technology

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Guess its Marvel. Not really all that exciting unless we get a Wakanda level.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
They can use Spider-man, but he is exclusive only to the PlayStation version.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I hope that Disney is more leniant with SE using Disney characters. Still having the separated worlds scrimblo thing as a workaround because they didn't want Disney characters fighting each others (aside from Beast vs Maleficent in Hollow Bastion in KH1, i'm one of those NERDS). Disney is very, very conservative on their franchises, like with Disney Princess they never have artworks where they interacti with each others in case anyone must be removed because reasons.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
They finally found the 200 disappeared people who were kidnapped and deprived of their phones for the anniversary event

ozumas

Born to be Wise
Dec 15, 2020
I really hope it is Disney that is more leniant with crossovers between Disney characters.

I still hope a full on only KH worlds lol, Traverse Town and Hollow Bastion are my favourite KH worlds

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I think Nomura is actually suggesting that the Hierarchy of Power at Square Enix is about to change forever

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is permission to use certain characters or worlds, namely stuff from Marvel properties.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
They probably got the go ahead for Marvel. Which... I can't say I'm excited about, but that'll probably get people even more interested, so fair play.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Square gave him permission to drop Disney entirely and just turn it into Versus XIII like he clearly wants

he said he would make a Verum Rex game too after KH4 so that is likely where his fever dream Versus XIII game will go

Last edited:

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Hopefully its the permission to actually have disney characters as boss battles. Its weird how they were basically inexistant in kingdom hearts 3.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It is now a battle royale where everyone fights each other with keyblades.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's Disney being more lenient with their characters and thus letting the disney worlds be more involved in the plot rather than fluff where you replay this disney movie stories in a way that feels largely segregated from the actual story of the games. Like, in KH3 the pixar worlds were way better than the proper Disney ones and it's clear it's because Pixar gave more leniency on how the characters and setting could be used which is why they weren't just straight retellings and allowed the characters to actually interact with the bad guys in fun ways

boticide24

Jun 18, 2021
They probably got the go ahead for Marvel. Which... I can't say I'm excited about, but that'll probably get people even more interested, so fair play.
Yeah, I'd prefer to keep Marvel and Star Wars out of KH. I know it would be cool for people if they're included, but it would actually make me personally less excited about the game.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
He got Disney approval of Jack Garland interacting with Disney characters like the KH cast.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Finally punished nomura got word from Disney when kh series will come to Steam and his response was "a heavy burden has lift off my shoulders"

And the revelation is…it's never coming to steam :/

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Honestly hope it's Disney being more lenient. With stuff like Mirrorverse and that new card game getting to go crazy there's no reason why KH shouldn't be allowed to, especially when the series does (and merchandises) so well.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yeah, I'd prefer to keep Marvel and Star Wars out of KH. I know it would be cool for people if they're included, but it would actually make me personally less excited about the game.
Pretty much where I'm at, yeah. I'd still get it because it's KH, but yeah.

Finally punished nomura got word from Disney when kh series will come to Steam and his response was "a heavy burden has lift off my shoulders"

And the revelation is…it's never coming to steam :/
It's so stupid that it's still locked to EGS.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Look the character that has to be guiding Sora through Marvel world has to be either Spidey or Ms Marvel.

The other characters are for the cool set pieces

Anyone else would be a mistake