• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been three years since we've seen anything from Square Enix regarding its episodic remake of Final Fantasy VII. The game was a no-show again at E3 this year, but it remains in development, according to Tetsuya Nomura, who has a hand in the title along with directing Kingdom Hearts III. "We are developing [Final Fantasy VII] in parallel, and it's not just in the early concept stages," he tells The Verge. "We are actually in development."

The longtime Square Enix developer says he's been giving equal effort to both highly anticipated games. "So right now, it's like I've been putting in 100 percent into Kingdom Hearts, 100 percent into Final Fantasy VII, 100 percent into Kingdom Hearts... just going back and forth," he says. "It's just like [working on] two titles is just going to be one [after Kingdom Hearts III's launch]. That's pretty much how I see it."

More at: https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/14/...remake-tetsuya-nomoura-kingdom-hearts-3-delay

Lock if Ancient

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
"We are actually in development"

No shit Nomura? We want to know what is going on with it.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
so we'll see it at some spring event after KH3 marketing cycle is winding down and they can shift focus to Final Fantasy VIIR XVI

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Normua: So would you believe that the game we announced back in 2015 is in development.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It's been 3 years? I don't understand how this is taking this long. I was under the impression that they even split it up into episodic chunks?

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AAA games usually take 4-5 years to make. It's only been 3, plus they're almost certainly a year behind due to CC2.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's been 3 years? I don't understand how this is taking this long. I was under the impression that they even split it up into episodic chunks?

They switched to internal development so that likely set them back a little bit. There's also no need to show the game when their next big AAA title is coming.

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't really call that breaking his silence. It's about as much as of a nothing answer as you can get without saying anything at all.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this was basically what happened with KH3 when they were working on XV. They said that they were working on getting XV done before finishing KH3, and now that KH3 is getting ready to launch they'll be able to focus full time on 7R

Oct 27, 2017
They've already said development is advancing smoothly. People just refuse to believe it because they are still holding the game under wraps.
We refuse to believe it because they've given no actual proof that we should believe it. They'll say development is going smoothly, then we'll hear some article/report/leak about that not being the case

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Man if this thing is more than three episodes it'll be the PS6/XBZ generation before the entire thing is out

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Get KH3 out the door so they can just work on one game. I cannot imagine how much work is going on there right now.

Also, Nomura hasn't slept in 10 years.