• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura on 5 million copies shipped for Kingdom Hearts 3:

"As for the numbers, when I saw the exact numbers including DL sales, it exceed my expectation. Right now we are making the DLC so it doesn't feel like it's over. And my sleep time got shorter after the release"

Nomura on KH3 critical mode missing in KH3:

"Critical mode has been Final Mix additional thing in the past, so we will release it later. We don't want to just end in adjusting damage numbers, but we constantly adjust/debug it. We don't want it just hard, but fun and challenging."

Nomura on KH3 DLC:

Until now we release separate "Final Mix" package, but this time we want to add every additional content via DLC. As for free DLC, we will roll out whatever we finish first, but for paid DLC we want to combine a lot of things and release at once, so it will take time. But we want to finish working on the DLC by this year and team to move on to the next game.

There are more stuff in the interview (in Japanese) but beware it contains some spoilers
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/886/1886230/

Last edited:

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay that's cool, so a Final Mix version for Christmas and a DLC pack for people who own vanilla

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
like i said in the other thread very happy to hear that they want crit mode to be more then just change the numbers

also man Nomura just can't stop can he

Mister X

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Okay, will wait for the final remix version and won't play the trash version of KH III now then.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like Final Mix dlc wont be coming until towards the end of the year.

Fine with me, add Critical Mode, rematches against all Org bosses individually and be able to play as Riku/Roxas/Ventus/Aqua/Terra plus a couple secret bosses

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda didn't expect this game to have paid DLC.

Might be smart to wait for a GotY edition then.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I'm glad they didn't rush a really bad critical mode to be in the game day 1. Nothing is worse then a lazy "you take 2x damage and deal 1/2 damage lol"

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This is the first full-on confirmation of DLC and Critical Mode, isn't it? Aside from that weird thing where Famitsu(?) mentioned Critical pre-release.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
I barely started KH3, so I will likely wait. Still wanted to finish playing the other games 1st anyway.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Really glad they know how important Critical mode is to some fans. Hopefully it ends up fantastic.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I hope when the Final Mix DLC drops, the title screen changes to Kingdom Hearts III: Final Mix, with new art of Sora to boot

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is the first full-on confirmation of DLC and Critical Mode, isn't it?

It was confirmed before, just that plans weren't solidified on doing that, it at least seems they have some plans for what they want to do now and aiming to finish before the end of the year.

Really hoping for replayable/harder variants of bosses, new secret boss/es, return of coliseum, and maybe some new keyblades.
Seemed pretty expected we were getting critical mode due to it being found already in a leftover state, but good we have confirmation now and plans to develop it more.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad that they seem to be planning for the paid part to be out by year end. I wonder what the free dlc will entail, maybe Critical mode

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I swear in an interview before release he said there wouldn't be DLC, that quickly changed huh

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Final Mixes are traditionally a FUCKTON of content and rebalances

In the case of KH2, maybe. All others added at most boss or two and 1-2 new keyblades.
I do want the kind of upgrade KH2 got, I just thought they were further along with it is all.

Last edited:

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I've always played the KH games in critical so was a bit confused why this wasn't in the game because the normal difficulty is far too easy compared to even normal on the other KH games. I might wait for critical before playing it but I've already sunk in about 7 hours. Hope it has some kinda new game plus eventually?

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope for a reasonable price, like, 20€ for FM with the same content as FM+ would be nice.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Are they gonna change all the enemy colors again?
They have every other Final Mix, so they probably will.

I really wish they'd give you the option to turn them off though, some of the recolours are nice and it's a nice tiny thing to make it feel new/different with little effort but some of them I prefer the originals of.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is it'll be priced similarly to the Royal Edition upgrade for FFXV

I doubt we'll get a new world, though I could see them expanding Twilight Town. They should.

Outside of that, new cutscenes, an even more secret ending, Critical Mode, and a coliseum/battle arena will probably be what we get.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
You can hardly call it a game. No challenge at all, it's pathetic.

Wouldn't want to experience KH III in this trash form. Hardcore KH fans will wait untill the final mix version to experience the true game.

Lol wut? Hardly can consider it a game? Hardcore KH fans have already played this game man.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
For Critical Mode to be fun, core changes will need to be made to the combat, so I hope that's done. I somehow doubt it though.

In better news, I'll certainly play future DLC if it includes some new bosses. Just for some new faces to beat up.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so knowing there's a more comprehensive, KH2FM-esque Critical coming is great. If they can redo the exact KH2 -> KH2FM transformation, then that'll be bonkers.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can hardly call it a game. No challenge at all, it's pathetic.

Wouldn't want to experience KH III in this trash form. Hardcore KH fans will wait untill the final mix version to experience the true game.
I think the games to easy too but a game being easy doesn't make it not a game.

And calling it trash is just hyperbole of a ridiculous level.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They have every other Final Mix, so they probably will.

I really wish they'd give you the option to turn them off though, some of the recolours are nice and it's a nice tiny thing to make it feel new/different with little effort but some of them I prefer the originals of.
What don't you love this?
304px-Guard_Armor_KHFM.png

WTF were they thinking?