• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
huh ...you are right. I forgot despite playing it thrice wth.
I bring shame upon the Kingdom Hearts Community.
I will stab myself with a keyblade to atone.

tumblr_m1k8c5wab81rq0857o6_400.gifv

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Nomura continues to be a madman.
Spoilers on the latest Union X update.

Last update, the being Darkness informed Maleficent that the key to returning to her own time is a machine called the Ark. The latest update shows the Ark, and this is what it looks like:
cca7afad734866b349d219a49fcee20b5992c313.jpg

3f961c95fa022428faa043513882303b10f30a6a.jpg

Look familiar? If you played the first game, it should.

58b50e1feb229b400d6f8bcb5bdad68793026fb7.jpg

Yeah, that strange room that shows up during End of the World is actually from Daybreak Town. Nomura you son of a bitch.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and make some educated guesses based on my understanding of the plot so far, being a Veteran KH fan here. It's gonna be a little rambly, and potentially incorrect, so take it with a grain of salt.

Feel free to discuss the points I'm gonna bring up, just make sure to spoiler them.

The original intent of that room and the inclusion of an Ansem Report there was mean't to convey that it was where the "Original" Ansem did his research before turning into a heartless. And it would seem that isn't entirely incorrect, now that his role has expanded past the first game thus far.

Even with Hollow Bastion's more scientific areas resembling this, it was never completely confirmed that it was a place there, or at least shown it was, and dispelling the vagueries and coming back to it now answers a TON of questions about how keyblade wielded ended up as nobodies and under the Organization's rule, as well as many other things in conjunction with a different device from back then.

Clearly, Xehanort found (or was led to) this "Arc," and selected a keyblade wielder to test his theories on the X-blade and get answers about the Keyblade war, and despite the doubt that he got any answers at all considering everyone was constantly and forcibly encouraged to forget about it, he gained some semblance of knowledge here or some time before, and forced a wielder to battle the darkness to exhaustion, as an attempt to trigger the creation of the X-blade.

That wielder was Ventus.

Whoever he was back then, which is starting to be revealed as a potential murderer, he was fundamentally changed into the loveable guy we know now due to the absolution of the darkness in his heart, potentially so great and deep as to create a being of massive power capable of spreading his negative emotions throughout several worlds. Perhaps that's the mastery of Guilt bleeding through to his dark half, or a consequence of it's bizarre creation.

Either way, clearly only Ventus was taken at that time, Taken being the operative word here, and few others remained within until a time when the Organization was formed and some others were recovered and recruited into it. Only, there's at least one who wasn't found, and that one might be the girl Axel (Lea) and Saix (Isa) had known before or during their time in the organization before the organization became known in the plot.

The others within, and the lack of confirmation on many of the remaining important Keyblade Wielders from that time such as Ephemer (possibly a special heartless by now judging from a KH3 Superboss, though it's honestly very unlikely to be that simple) and Brain (his design hasn't been replicated in any current character, leading me to believe either a change in appearance, existence outside the current plot in some way, or demise before the current time. Since he carries the last copy of the Book of Prophecy, it's unlikely he beefed it willingly, so I'm hesitant to consider his situation knowable until further plot comes up) leads me to believe they either exited of their own will, or some malfunction caused by Ventus' extraction led to more being woken up as a result. The fact that at least two confirmed direct links grew up, Lost memories of their time in the Age of Fairytales, and became sadistic jerks/nobodies means that they had to leave sometime during or before Birth By Sleep.

And the final question left about this to me, is how this was even found in the first place by Xehanort. We could say Luxu knew it's location and prodded him in it's direction, but he was undercover as Braig at the time, potentially only joining up partway through Bbs given the change in eyecolour midway through, though he could have actually just suppressed Xehanorts whole "stick a part of my heart in you" thing somehow, given he's likely on the level of a Foreteller. Meaning it's likely, but it would have blown his cover super hard if he wanted to avoid being messed with by Xehanort, by then a very powerful keyblade wielder in his own right. It feels like it would have been too risky.

And speaking of which, Foretellers disappeared during the Keyblade War, and only later showed up again in the epilogue of KH3. This tells me they were locked away somehow until the conditions for the box were able to be satisfied, considering the whole reason the "7 lights, 13 darknesses" thing happened was likely to open that box. Even the creation of the X-blade was a means to that ultimate end, it would seem.

So, Luxu "played his role," and the fortellers came back when the dust settled. I foresee major details about his role, considering he was basically acting as a scout for the future MoM predicted, will be more heavily confirmed during the Xehanort Mobile Game. He has to have done more then that, especially since he was the (dark) impetus for literally all of Xehanort's schemes succeeding as well as they did.

The last thing that should be brought up is the way Maleficent came back in KH2 brings up potential circumstances regarding characters in the present. If it is possible to propel you heart to the future by destroying the body with the particular vehicle capible of doing so, does that mean your potential Nobody would be destroyed or never born? Because so far only a Disney Character has had this happen, and they don't leave Nobodies because Disney hates money and doesn't want people to buy Nobody Goofy.

And since she had a vessel for her return on the other side of that trip due to confirmed prophecy or somesuch, that means somebody else could have accomplished this as well, potentially five others, who had to be removed from the events of the future until they could be brought back in replica vessels. This would explain how the fortellers came to be so far into the future, and yet Luxu was jumping bodies over that time to reach that point himself.

So that leaves the potential that since the fortellers travelled this way, forcibly or not, that others from that time, like some of the Dandelions, could have done so too, and potentially without a vessel on the other side to hook up to as well, which could explain the massive convenient assault on the dark vortex by players of Union X at KH3 Endgame.

Also, I'm running on the assumption that Verum Rex's whole deal is an alternate universe, and therefore shouldn't be considered for the main plot thus far until further notice. The nature of Sora and Yozora's duel and meeting basically confirms that in the harshest of circumstances, only one of two beings can be active in linked universes, so if that's the case, then whatever is happening in Verum Rex's universe is divorced from the Kingdom Hearts one regardless of overlap.

There is a lot of strange and interesting evidence to the contrary, but it feels Way too early to speculate on how they are connected. Barely anything is even known other then connections to the themes of Versus XIII, so it feels like overcomplication, which isn't unusual to both KH and it's fan base at times.

This is super fascinating stuff here! I'm excited to see more concrete details show up, but I'm betting more of this will be brought up in the near future considering a few games are apparently coming soon. I can't wait to hear more!

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Nomura continues to be a madman.
Spoilers on the latest Union X update.

Last update, the being Darkness informed Maleficent that the key to returning to her own time is a machine called the Ark. The latest update shows the Ark, and this is what it looks like:
cca7afad734866b349d219a49fcee20b5992c313.jpg

3f961c95fa022428faa043513882303b10f30a6a.jpg

Look familiar? If you played the first game, it should.

58b50e1feb229b400d6f8bcb5bdad68793026fb7.jpg

Yeah, that strange room that shows up during End of the World is actually from Daybreak Town. Nomura you son of a bitch.
Does this mean the Ark got moved from Daybreak Town to Radiant Garden, or does it imply that Radiant Garden is (or rather, was) Daybreak Town? Though if it's the latter, then Daybreak Town appearing during the underwater segment of the Master Xehanort boss fight just makes it even more confusing... Aaaaarghhh Nomura you confuse me but I love you for it.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
Does this mean the Ark got moved from Daybreak Town to Radiant Garden, or does it imply that Radiant Garden is (or rather, was) Daybreak Town? Though if it's the latter, then Daybreak Town appearing during the underwater segment of the Master Xehanort boss fight just makes it even more confusing... Aaaaarghhh Nomura you confuse me but I love you for it.
yes.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Radiant Garden in BBS and especially so in KH3 after being rebuilt gives me Daybreak Town vibes, but Scala Ad Caelum and the implication of the Arc being in the World Terminus of KH1 exclusively means that Daybreak Towns current day location is a giant question mark. Scala Ad Caelum doesn't exactly exist in the physical real world from what the game implies, so who the hell knows.

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat it and saw the secret secret ending. Man Nomura knows how to hit the right, nostalgic notes for me. The throwback to the "Noctis Oji" trailer where he's sleeping in the car.

Initial thoughts are that Yozura's power has to do with sleep, since sora has the power of awakening. Sora is sky and Yozora is night sky, so I feel like they're the inverse of one another.

And the throwback to the first line in the series "I've been having these weird thoughts lately".... Man, chills.

Everyone gives square/nomura so much shit, but they always deliver an amazing experience for me. FFXV was one of my favorite FFs and one of my favorite casts, and to see some allusions to it, even in spirit, and the spirit of some ideas from Versus. I couldn't ask for more. Thank you based Nomura.

Also, from the Ultimania:
Q: So, is this the world of "Verum Rex?"

A: It will end up being. Visually speaking, I'm sure there are people who will think it's the same as a previous title I was once planning, but it's not. Since it's a plan that was never released out into the world, there are parts I was saving that will end up overlapping, but "Verum Rex" is a completely different creation. The plan that was never released is still unknown to everyone, and "Verum Rex" doesn't exist yet, either, so I'm sure everyone is wondering what it means, but what I want to make clear is that it's not the same thing. (note: obviously, he means FF Versus XIII)