• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I really don't get why they cut that iconic car scene or any of the early insomnia scenes, but at least they are finally getting reused, somehow.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Imagine this bossfight was part of the video game.

Rex is completely destroying Sora lmao.
source.gif

ffvorax

Oct 27, 2017
Sora fighting in Tokyo a doppleganger of Riku that could be the doppleganger of Noctis in a Final Fantasy world.

Ok Nomura, is time to take your pills...

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Can someone give me some insight on this? Just assume I know nothing about KH3 (I don't) and not much about the whole Versus/XV stuff.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts 4 logo slowly fades away, replaced by:

IIIX susreV ysatnaF laniF

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me some insight on this? Just assume I know nothing about KH3 (I don't) and not much about the whole Versus/XV stuff.
Nomura's game was cancelled and they used the characters and world to make XV, but Nomura is still determined to make it happen, so he's just retconning it into Kingdom Hearts with a new character that looks like Noctis and has basically the same name but in japanese.

It's both exciting and cringeworthy.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
And I thought casting Noctis VA for Master of masters was already a cheeky move by Nomura, but than he just went all in.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
You know what. Now that we're in the post truth times, Versus happening would not be out of the ordinary.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Versus XIII = Organization XIII, you guys, its been right in front of us this whole time

Jeb

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Mar 14, 2018
You think this is the start of one of the two KH titles in development?
Kingdom hearts:Vs15

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't get why they cut that iconic car scene or any of the early insomnia scenes, but at least they are finally getting reused, somehow.

I think that car scene is just Noctis going to the party where he met Stella. But everything about that was scrapped so it makes no sense to keep that scene.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I think that car scene is just Noctis going to the party where he met Stella. But everything about that was scrapped so it makes no sense to keep that scene.
True, im glad they scrapped Stella for a moe blob Luna who does nothing but get killed.
Seriously, in the 1.0 version of the game, Luna is barely in it at all & the only importance is her death leading into the world of ruin, Stella must have been really bad or something.

The remake that took less than 5 years to develop which is timely fashion for AAA games and it looks fantastic. It definitely hurts the "Numora can't release a game" naysayers.

And the game was rebooted "multiple times"? I know it was developed also by the Naruto games devs, but then moved in-house. What else?
I thought he wasn't really directing that game

FusionNY

Oct 25, 2017
Kingdom Hearts: Verum Rex needs to be made. It's the exact type of nonsense I need in my life.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loves FFXV I'm glad he isn't touching the actual FFXV and is just spinning his yarn with fake Noctis and V13.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
The remake that took less than 5 years to develop which is timely fashion for AAA games and it looks fantastic. It definitely hurts the "Numora can't release a game" naysayers.

And the game was rebooted "multiple times"? I know it was developed also by the Naruto games devs, but then moved in-house. What else?
What do you mean multiple times it was just moved internally instead of with namcobandai.
FF7R was at first BD1 only, then they brought in CC2, then went back to internal production only. Not even talking about the prototypes and ideas they had before 2015.

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
I can't watch the video fully right now, so please excuse me if the question is dumb, but I've read somewhere that the boss does have 40 health bars but skipping through the video, I only saw ~20. Are some of them hidden (if I remember correctly it was like that in KHII?) or was the 40 bars an exaggeration?​

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Yozura even makes a point that what we see is not really him..... Sooo yeah he is totally Noctis. Also the driver? Totally Luxord.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Things get even more awkward when you realize that they already put this scene into FFXV's dlc. Like fuck I just wanna go through Disney worlds, this isn't hella stupid.

Are we pretending that five years is a normal amount of time to spend on a game? It isn't the absolutely worst case scenario (for those, look to other Nomura helmed games) but it is very, very far from being "timely". Five years is pretty close to the combined time it took to develop Bloodborne AND Sekiro. Both of those games are wholly original.

That only proves that Nomura working at his fastest is still only capable of being painfully slow. That being said, it DOES look fantastic. You are right about that. So maybe there is still a way to squeeze quality content out of Nomura.
This isn't an honest framing. Both Bloodblorne and Sekiro are iterations on From's technology, with lots of asset reuse, (asset reuse doesn't just start and end at art). Thats how that studio is able to get titles out in such a timely manner. Not dissimilar from the AC series. Remake on the other hand, by my knowledge doesn't benefit from asset reuse. Five years also isn't a outlier when it comes to dev time. It's almost the standard for AAA games.

Oct 25, 2017
True, im glad they scrapped Stella for a moe blob Luna who does nothing but get killed.
Seriously, in the 1.0 version of the game, Luna is barely in it at all & the only importance is her death leading into the world of ruin, Stella must have been really bad or something.
I mean, have you seen Kairi in KH III? Luna indeed does nothing, but let's not pretend Nomura has a great track record with this.

Hell, the NotStella from this new iteration of Versus is already in need of rescuing by NotNoctis. At least Luna is the one who protects Noctis, kind of.

People are asking to be disappointed again if they put too much faith on that front. If you want good female characters, you're better off keeping an eye on FFVII, because at least they have a good base for that.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Because Versus 13 was a mismash of incoherent scenes none of which fit together in anyway outside of trailer editing. With a ton of smoke and mirrors shots as the game concept kept changing and changing. On top of having an engine that couldnt handle any of these concepts and a skeleton crew.

hob982

Oct 27, 2017
He should just call it Verum Rex: A(nother) Kingdom Heart Story.
Over 3 Days
Girth'd By Awakeness

I mean, it's so simple.
And clean.
I can feel his passion behind it all!

Oct 25, 2017
But... he was the one who gutted his own project with a lack of coherent vision.
I don't think it's fair to just blame one person for a huge project failing, but the one thing I don't get about this whole "this is my vision, Remastered!" with Yozora is the trash bag outfit. Nomura was the one who ditched that for the Roen designs, that was back when it was still Versus. I guess he regrets ditching it? I don't know.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
"Can I get another decade to piss away your money SE? I totally won't dump off my half assed project on to another poor sap..."

I think it is just a nod. SE would be fools to let him have at that project again

Mik317

Oct 25, 2017
"Can I get another decade to piss away your money SE? I totally won't dump off my half assed project on to another poor sap..."

I think it is just a nod. SE would be fools to let him have at that project again

Man just gave them a game that was in the top 10 sold games of 2019.

Pretty sure they are fine with Nomura's brand of insanity

Feb 5, 2018

"Piss away". Dude people will eat this up. There are MANY still disappointed in FFXV from the changes made alone and Square knows this. Call the KH storylines trash if you want, but stuff like this is WHY people are so fascinated with the franchise, because its nuts.

I for one want the franchise to get a bit darker, and Id love to get whatever batshit storyline was originally planned for Versus, in Kingdom Hearts.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Are we forgetting that in the original Versus XIII concept Stella was a ghost that literally got fridged by Noctis himself?