• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-18-kingdom-hearts-3

There was no firm release date announced at the Kingdom Hearts 3 Premiere event, but Nomura's official statement was that an announcement should be coming "early next month," so, probably just before E3. Nomura continued, "Kingdom Hearts 3 is a title with many people working on it, so we are making final adjustments, but we are pretty firm on a certain date so we hope to reveal it next month." And as far as we can tell, they're sticking with a 2018 window, so if we were to guess, we'd say a November release date is looking fairly likely at this point.

I'd say the possibilities of getting a release date at E3 are very high.

But I'm calling the release will be delayed at least once.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
So sick of people who refuse to believe it will get delayed. The game is done at this point. There just cleaning up the final touches.

Omar310

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Man, I can't even imagine what it's like being a fan of this series. Even as an outsider I'm getting frustrated.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I hope they really prove the naysayers wrong who always spam KH3 threads with "lol 2020!!1 It'll never come out."
Granted, I do think it'll get a delay but they're definitely targeting 2018.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
At this point I'd almost want it to be later so I have more time to replay some of the earlier ones first; meant to do that already but I've been so bad at playing other stuff as is that I haven't started on it.

I guess I'll likely just read a summary to refresh myself and then play 2.8, hmm.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah its going to get delayed. Wait for it in E3

Last edited:

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
November or even December for this. I'm happy that Square Enox released the collections on PS4 which made me a Kingdom Hearts fan.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
At this point I'd almost want it to be later so I have more time to replay some of the earlier ones first; meant to do that already but I've been so bad at playing other stuff as is that I haven't started on it.

I guess I'll likely just read a summary to refresh myself and then play 2.8, hmm.

You can easily have enough time to play 1,2, birth by sleep, and dream drop distance. You can skip re:chain of memories and watch the cutscenes. KH1 took less than 15 hours when I replayed it last year. KH2 was more around 25ish.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
You can easily have enough time to play 1,2, birth by sleep, and dream drop distance. You can skip re:chain of memories and watch the cutscenes. KH1 took less than 15 hours when I replayed it last year. KH2 was more around 25ish.

It's more the playing them while fitting in other games (because I'm somehow a month or two behind where I expected to be this year on finishing certain things), but yeah, they're probably shorter than I'm remembering so fitting them in over the next half of a year will probably still work.

(I want to actually play Re:CoM myself though because I played both versions as a kid but never actually beat them.)

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If they're still saying 2018, I'm gonna guess November. Really late in November.

Deleted member 35631

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I think it will be winter 2018. Have they confirmed worldwide release, though? Because otherwise, it would be early 2019 for the west.

Mar 23, 2018
Can you really blame people for believing this will get delayed? Not like the FFXV release made people trust SE. And I'm not only talking about that 2 month delay, but because the "updates"(missing launch features, if you will) and changes that came during the following months after release.

Oct 27, 2017
Vienna
This game better be good, after this long in development. Kindom Hearts 2 came out when I was in high school and I remember all the nerdy girls in school being hyped for it.

Has the potential to be a huge money earner and phenomenon. I expect it to be squares best selling PS4 game.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I'm just going to pretend this is an early 2019 title just so if it does actually release this year I'll be very happy.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking they announce a 2018 release date but it gets pushed to early 2019 sometime around September.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Mid November release
FFVII Remake 2 hour demo on the game
FFVII Remake November 2019 release

#believe

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
After 10 years......
This is gonna be sooooo good.

My guess is fall or near holidays this year.
Otherwise very early 2019 but i doubt it gets pushed out this year.