• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017

Final Fantasy VII First Soldier stream 2 just ended, and during the stream Nomura mentioned they are planning to reveal information for Final Fantasy VII 25th anniversary next month.

He didn't really go into any details on what exactly they are going to reveal.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
you're missing a VII in the title, I thought it was about the series at large

FF7 has an anniversary event every year

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
EDIT: said above.
Would be too funny if Square ends up announcing Part 2 of the Remake before showing XVI. How many projects do Square have to go through revealing until getting to it.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I would assume they'll show something Part 2 related but I wonder if its gonna be some key art or something smaller. Although, I do remember Nomura wanted to share something last year too 🤔

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Cloud riding on a chocobo through field and cut to logo. Nothing else.
Then wild speculation for months "is this open world?".

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone still remember ever crisis? lol, it's slated for 2022 so I'm 99% certain we'll see that.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
frnxxym1.gif

lfg-lets-fucking-go.gif

YES

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
We probably wont see info on FFVII Remake outside a Playstation event anyway

that's not true, the game is still made by Square. they deep dived VII Remake at an SE show in June '19. Sony shows are just another place it can be shown but not the only one.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I think this pretty much confirms a Sony event for next month, show the final fantasy 16 trailer and release date and then end on a ff7 remake teaser

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
honestly, I don't mind Ever Crisis info and I only expect as much and maybe if we are lucky, some key art for Part 2.

OP
OP
Xenosaga

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
I think this will be collective FF7 event or information drop, considering how Nomura is planning First Soldier info drop as well. So I don't think it's going to be Sony event necessarily, unless they are splitting out information for each games next month (First Soldier, Ever Crisis, and Remake sequel)

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
A teaser that's just a close up of Squal's face and then "FFVIIR2" before cutting to black.

That's about the direction I expect the second part to take.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
It's probably a dumb idea but what if they released Kalm and the Nibelheim sequence as a seperate release to hold people over until the full part 2 is released.

Again - a dumb idea but it just randomly came to mind.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
It's probably a dumb idea but what if they released Kalm and the Nibelheim sequence as a seperate release to hold people over until the full part 2 is released.

Again - a dumb idea but it just randomly came to mind.
IMO this would suck, cause the full release of games then will have this very spotty start and stop feel

Already feels like that a bit with the yuffie dlc. Tho I guess I could see how it's more fitting for a flashback sequence with no equipment carry over

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
IMO this would suck, cause the full release of games then will have this very spotty start and stop feel

Already feels like that a bit with the yuffie dlc. Tho I guess I could see how it's more fitting for a flashback sequence with no equipment carry over

It being a flashback is why it came to mind - I'm just hungry for more!

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
We probably wont see info on FFVII Remake outside a Playstation event anyway

Nah, they showed a lot at their E3 conference in 2019. If it's revealed anywhere, it'll probably be a Sony conference or their own (Square Enix) conference. They could show it as part of a larger event (Summer Games Fest/Game Awards), but that's he least likely option.