• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
While he disappointed at first that Konami canceled the title, when Hideo Kojima described Death Stranding to him, he "completely forgot" about the game.

"I was like, thank god that didn't work because this is way better," said Reedus. "This is a completely different thing. I've really gotten to know the mind of Hideo a little bit. I like the fact that Silent Hills didn't happen, to be honest, because I've gotten such a peek into the way he works and the way he thinks, and I'm completely blown away by this guy."
https://www.vg247.com/2019/11/06/norma-reedus-happy-silent-hills-was-canceled/

Interesting, as a Silent Hill fan I'm obviously sad that it got cancelled but Death Stranding does seem like a super unique experience.

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I honestly wholeheartedly agree with him lmao! But I'm not a Silent Hill fan so I'm definitely biased.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Eh. Destra might have been more interesting for Norman but a full game built around P.T's genius would have been much better.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how much he was even really involved with PT/Silent Hills? I'm sure Death Stranding occupied a much, much larger foot print in his life so makes sense he would gravitate toward that.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Norman could be right or he could be wrong

I think people romanticize cancelled projects too much

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine he even knew all that much about Silent Hills at that point given how early on it was.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Hope Kojima delves into full blown horror again at some point, he could really flip the genre on it's head. Hell he kind of already did when P.T is more effective than 9 out of 10 horror games.

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
I for one want to see a Silent Hill game where all the monsters monologue about the meaning behind their imagery for an hour.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
He's entitled to his opinion, of course.

Personally, as someone who's more a fan of Silent Hill games than Kojima games, I was more excited for Silent Hills than I ever was for Death Stranding. And given what the gameplay for latter has turned out to be, I'm gonna be waiting for a big sale to ever consider jumping in, whereas with Silent Hills I would have been there day 1.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Hope Kojima delves into full blown horror again at some point, he could really flip the genre on it's head. Hell he kind of already did when P.T is more effective than 9 out of 10 horror games.

With Kojima's studio not being tied to any one console, and Nintendo having the Eternal Darkness license, I think that'd be a match made in heaven.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a serious question?

Only half serious. I know I can Google him and know everything about him but I honestly didn't know the guy before the silent hill trailer or whatever And I still don't think I've seen anything he's in

Edit: I saw Boondock Saints 1 million years ago and never watched The Walking Dead

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
I totally disagree. While I'm sure Death Stranding is a great game in its own right, Silent Hill looked really good. The demo was super creepy and I can only imagine what the full game would have been like.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Can't tell if it's Kojima or Sony dropping money bags ir pulling strings for marketing buzz on this game but there's been a weird amount of praise by people you know haven't played it.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
It hasn't had the same peak popularity in years, but you're deluding yourself if you don't believe the show is still popular. After nine years, even the most casual of TV viewers has probably heard of Rick Grimes and Coral.

No doubt it's still popular (although the lack of discussion on here and reddit would lead many to believe otherwise) but I can honestly see someone not knowing who he is. He's hardly a household name. And Daryl was relegated to the sidelines for a few seasons anyway.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
People are obviously going to disagree because a non-game sounds much better in their mind than an actual shipped game. People out there still thinking the game was going to be like P.T

He's just stating something that is not even remotely worth disagreeing over considering how much more he knows about it

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Man Whose Likeness And Voice In Upcoming Game Has Nothing But High Praise For Said Upcoming Game: Part 7 - "The Verbal Attack On Silent Hill", Redux.

A Hideo Kojima & Norman Reedus Collaboration