• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
From IGN Brazil:

br.ign.com

Death Stranding 2? Norman Reedus indica sequência a caminho

Em entrevista ao AdoroCinema, o ator de The Walking Dead disse que segundo jogo de Hideo Kojima está em negociações

Norman Reedus, Daryl Dixon on The Walking Dead, indicated that Death Stranding 2 might happen.

"I think we're doing a second Death Stranding," Reedus told reporter Vitória Pratini of AdoroCinema, IGN Brasil's partner site. "[The game] is on negotiations. So… Yay! ", celebrated the actor, in front of the excitement of the journalists present at the roundtable about the 11th season of The Walking Dead.

It remains to be seen whether the actor was referring to the director's version of Death Stranding, which will be released in September for PS5. Director's Cut will feature additional content, including new facilities, weapons and items, as well as the Social Strand System, which will enable competitive mode.

Comparing his most famous characters, Norman Reedus commented on who would win a marathon: Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead or Sam Porter Bridges from Death Stranding. After all, the former spent years walking through the zombie apocalypse looking for Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln), and the latter delivers packages in a hostile open-world environment.

"It would definitely be Sam Porter Bridges. He's got the suit, the motorcycle... Wait, they both have motorcycles. He's got that exoskeleton he can race with," Reedus said. "Daryl is in Georgia, it's very hot. So he could pass out. Norman, on the other hand, would just take a bus," he joked.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I hope it has some more action this time around . I liked it but that was a long game for what the gameplay was.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can the writing be less in your face this time? And you know.. actually fun to play?

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they go nuts with the multiplayer aspect, would love to see it expanded on + all the new gadgets.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is cool. I thought it had a lot of potential but I'd like to see the concept on better hardware.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Damn, so weird. I will buy this because the first was pretty standout. I hope they stick with the whole 'rope' meta of the first game tho and less of the 'stick'

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Pleaseeee. I loved Death Stranding and I'll happily take more games in that world. It was so fascinating.

Rob2K19

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding was great so I definitely want more if it happens. I'll be glad this is one IP Sony continues.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, I want more postman delivery. It's some of the best moment to moment navigation in any open world game. I hope they dial back on the combat but the directors cut doesn't bode well with all the new weapons they were adding.

Gotta love big mouth reedus, seriously, the man is really good at spoiling or talking about things that he really shouldn't be talking about. Just ask a walking dead fan that was into spoilers... He did this so much, that we just called him the spoiler king. But, anyway, good for death stranding!

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Huh, I didn't think the gameplay system would be able to sustain a whole new game, I can't imagine how to iterate on it very much outside of a few small improvements and like a whole new map of course.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"It remains to be seen whether the actor was referring to the director's version of Death Stranding,"

I mean, he's already done the work for the Director's Cut, and he's talking about them doing negotiations, so it wouldn't be that.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he should be saying that. Would be pissed as hell to have a project of mine being leaked by an associate.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'd love a second Death Stranding.

I also can see Kojima working with PlayStation Productions to make a Death Stranding movie or series with the various actors slotting into their roles. He seems to want to break into film and PlayStation Productions is the perfect vehicle for that.

Everywhere

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
Imagine dedicating years to develop a sequel nobody asked for. Sounds like something Microsoft would pay for.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
A SEQUAL
75a177926f064ce695561d488c033963068bcc73.gifv

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I love it when "real" actors are involved with games. They don't give a fuck what they say, they'll just lay out every behind-the-scenes deal going on. It's like video games are just some little trifle they did on a whim in their minds, which I find kind of refreshing, when usually everything in this industry is so cloak and dagger.

Wanderish

Jan 5, 2019
Maybe he did some motion capture for the director's cut new missions and he got confused about it being for a new game? I think Kojima was interested on doing something new after DS.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
if there is a sequel I don't think that automatically means its going to be a straight up delivery service game like the original. The new stealth missions in the director's cut could mean they'll be going full action title with the sequel.