Norman Reedus on Death Stranding: Details on Sam, thinks "early 2019," talks potential sequels

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, early 2019 seems really really early for the game considering it's development didn't start fully until 2017.
I'd picture at the earliest a 2020 release date or even 2021.

Nov 11, 2018
If they're still doing mocap we've got a ways to go. Interesting interview.
Not necessarily, unless I’m misremembering Naughty Dog was still doing some motion capture for either The Last of Us or Uncharted 4 a couple months before release

Oct 27, 2017
I think by early next year he meant 2020.

Early '19 would be damn near impossible especially considering he says he still has to go back in later for some more motion capture sessions.

Nov 14, 2017
I think by early next year he meant 2020.

Early '19 would be damn near impossible especially considering he says he still has to go back in later for some more motion capture sessions.
I think I remember even in MGS 2, one month before release, Kojima had one of the voice actors re-record or record new lines. So that doesn't mean it's completely impossible.

Though I highly doubt it's 2019, I believe in 2020 (end of).

Oct 28, 2017
Kojima has always targeted 2019 for this game although obviously it will be out when it's done and other considerations are involved in deciding a release date.
I think that this particular comment by Norman Reedus means that his work will be done early next year, not that the game will be out early next year,

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
dying at this part
Then I met Hideo, he took me to the Video Game Music Awards, right. And he comes walking down the steps, and the steps are lighting up underneath him, y'know, he's like "I'm back!", and then 10,000 grown men, with tears in their eyes, are screaming like Elvis just walked in, and I'm like "Who the fuck is this guy?"

Oct 25, 2017
This is odd....Why would Norman spoil so much so close to release? Has to be a ruse!

If it is real and true then Sony and Hideo will surely be pissed.
We still don't really know what it is. They can spoil all they want and we'd probably still be scratching our heads.

Oct 25, 2017
That would 3 years dev time for what looks like a substantial open world game with crazy production values. How many people are working on this?

Oct 26, 2017
Not necessarily, unless I’m misremembering Naughty Dog was still doing some motion capture for either The Last of Us or Uncharted 4 a couple months before release
Interesting, I assume this is due to the compartmentalized nature of game development? Different teams doing cutscenes, etc?

I still don't believe we'll get it that soon. Just seems like an off the cuff comment, unless Kojima is intentionally fucking with us.

Jan 11, 2018
Yeah, no way it's coming in early 2019. Interesting to hear his perspective on Kojima. Glad that it's not a game focused on killing. Can't friggin wait!