• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
[/QUOTE]
  1. Limbs and feet not having feathers doesn't mean an animal is featherless. Have you seen an actual bird before? Bird legs and feet are scaled and have no feathers...
wpid-cassowary-feet-c-wtma.jpg

bae4fa8b9ba7fea61fb521263a05caa3.jpg
Christ the anti-feather people are so weird.
2. Have you ever seen the leg/foot of a bird? Hello? No feathers there either.
Birds dont have feathers on their legs...just sayin

Just gonna keep posting this pic for people who say this.

7bbe1cb97a50bdf587decaf5d98452da.jpg

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but this is an exception to the rule. Usually a bird feet do not have feathers. So the fact that the dinosaur foot in the OP does not have feathers says nothing at all about dinosaurs having had feathers.

There are actually several different kinds of birds with feathers on their feet, not just that one type of chicken. How about a dove this time?

596094-pure-white-feather-feet-doves-photo-1-1519481476-big-596094-1_800X600.jpg

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Guys, birds don't all have feathers on their feet. This same dinosaur could have been plastered with feathers elsewhere.

I also think feathers make them even more fascinating. Don't understand the want for them to be totally scales. So outdated at this point.

That hoof though, phew

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Guys, birds don't all have feathers on their feet. This same dinosaur could have been plastered with feathers elsewhere.

I also think feathers make them even more fascinating. Don't understand the want for them to be totally scales. So outdated at this point.

That hoof though, phew

Might want to look at the posts above yours lol

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine getting this bitter over a joke.
For many people, it's not a joke. And the sentiment behind it is the same that lead to climate change denial and fucked the planet. So while this is obviously not nearly as important, it's part of the same mentality of ignoring reality and scientific findings.

Just gonna keep posting this pic for people who say this.

7bbe1cb97a50bdf587decaf5d98452da.jpg
1. That chicken's legs and feet still have scales under those feathers, scales and feathers occur on the same body parts in these cases 2. This is a human-made chicken breed, bred specifically for the mutation of having leg-feathers, not a naturally occurring species. In nature, the vast majority of bird species have unfeathered legs and feet, and the very few that do have feathered feet, like Snow Owls, still have scales beneath the feathers.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
The purposeful ignorance of the few birds that do have feathery legs is the same argument as the earth isn't getting hotter because it snowed yesterday.

fivestarman

Oct 28, 2017
Why does everyone keep chatting about if birds have feathers on their legs or not? Do birds have hooves???

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There are actually several different kinds of birds with feathers on their feet, not just that one type of chicken. How about a dove this time?

596094-pure-white-feather-feet-doves-photo-1-1519481476-big-596094-1_800X600.jpg

It doesn't matter though. The fact that some birds have feathers on their feet does in no way prove that dinosaurs had no feathers because dinosaurs did not have feathers on their feet.
Some people here are saying dino's had no feathers because there are no feathers on the feet, while we know that having feathers on a foot is not nescessary for having feathers as most birds prove.

Some chickens and pigeons that do have them do not influence that at all.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For many people, it's not a joke. And the sentiment behind it is the same that lead to climate change denial and fucked the planet. So while this is obviously not nearly as important, it's part of the same mentality of ignoring reality and scientific findings.

1. That chicken's legs and feet still have scales under those feathers, scales and feathers occur on the same body parts in these cases 2. This is a human-made chicken breed, bred specifically for the mutation of having leg-feathers, not a naturally occurring species. In nature, the vast majority of bird species have unfeathered legs and feet, and the very few that do have feathered feet, like Snow Owls, still have scales beneath the feathers.

No one said they didn't have scales underneath. People were saying modern day birds don't have feathers on their legs and I just spent 30 seconds on google searching to find out that, no several varieties of chickens, doves and so forth do have feathers on their legs. My bigger point was that it was silly making the fact that birds don't have feathers on their legs is somehow a big determining point that obviously Dinosaurs were the same.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter though. The fact that some birds have feathers on their feet does in no way prove that dinosaurs had no feathers because dinosaurs did not have feathers on their feet.
Some people here are saying dino's had no feathers because there are no feathers on the feet, while we know that having feathers on a foot is not nescessary for having feathers as most birds prove.

Some chickens and pigeons that do have them do not influence that at all.

And my point was that it was a silly thing for so many people to say birds have no feathers on their feet as some kind of gotcha that all dinosaurs must be the same.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
The people obsessed with wanting to have no feathers on dinosaurs are showing their ass way too much.

Deleted member 9479

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And my point was that it was a silly thing for so many people to say birds have no feathers on their feet as some kind of gotcha that all dinosaurs must be the same.

It's not a silly gotcha at all. It is a (slightly too general) reaction to a stupid argument.

Some people saying: Lol...see no feathers!
Reaction: Lol birds don't have feathers on their feet either...so that proves nothing!

Your whole argument is that the reaction of people should have been: Lol...99% of birds don't have feathers on their feet either!

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not a silly gotcha at all. It is a (slightly too general) reaction to a stupid argument.

Some people saying: Lol...see no feathers!
Reaction: Lol birds don't have feathers on their feet either...so that proves nothing!

Your whole argument is that the reaction of people should have been: Lol...99% of birds don't have feathers on their feet either!

And my point still stands that acting like birds not having feathers on their feet somehow applies to dinos as its not like there aren't birds today who do have feathers on their feet. That and the tens of millions of years of evolution to change things up further in any direction or way.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
No one said they didn't have scales underneath. People were saying modern day birds don't have feathers on their legs and I just spent 30 seconds on google searching to find out that, no several varieties of chickens, doves and so forth do have feathers on their legs. My bigger point was that it was silly making the fact that birds don't have feathers on their legs is somehow a big determining point that obviously Dinosaurs were the same.
That argument doesn't really work because all your examples are not natural evolution but human-made breeding, those chickens and doves wouldn't exist if humans hadn't forced "unnatural selection" on the species.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Wow, what an amazing scientific discovery. Guess it's time to furiously argue about how I'm correct about something I have no qualifications to be an authority on.

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And my point still stands that acting like birds not having feathers on their feet somehow applies to dinos as its not like there aren't birds today who do have feathers on their feet. That and the tens of millions of years of evolution to change things up further in any direction or way.

Featherless feet are used as an argument that dinosaurs did not have feathers.

Your few examples of birds with feathers on their feet have no relevance to the just mentioned argument whatsoever.
Your only point is: Some bird have feathers on their feet.

Nice. Has no relevance to the feather discussion of dinosaurs at all.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
This thread is the most HYPE I've experienced since.... I don't know anymore.
I feel like a kid reading about dinosaurs again. We really have no idea about them at all.

Why isn't this news plastered everywhere on the internet yet? I get that is a leak but this is pretty huge.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Featherless feet are used as an argument that dinosaurs did not have feathers.

Your few examples of birds with feathers on their feet have no relevance to the just mentioned argument whatsoever.
Your only point is: Some bird have feathers on their feet.

Nice. Has no relevance to the feather discussion of dinosaurs at all.

No people were saying modern day birds didn't have feathers on their feet which is why I posted the examples I did as it wasn't worth a large essay when people were making 1 sentence retorts.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Pretty damn cool. Looking forward to photos of the tail as well. The foot is incredibly preserved.

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
No people were saying modern day birds didn't have feathers on their feet which is why I posted the examples I did as it wasn't worth a large essay when people were making 1 sentence retorts.

You really seem to be missing the point as to WHY people were saying modern day birds also don't have feathers on their feet though.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Are we sure this isn't the same one from 2007? The link I posted calls it a Hadrosaur and describes the intact skin, the hooves, etc... and Edmontosaurus is a Hadrosaur.

It just seems too similar. That 2007 article even mentions a NatGeo story.

I'll search the thread to see which one is posted here and when it is from.

Unless they found another.

OP
OP
Cow Mengde

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017