• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
The first game I ever completed was Yoshi's Island on the SNES. Also the first game I ever owned. My dad and I would play it together and when we were about to beat it, my mom came down and watched and kept telling us to be careful so we wouldn't lose. Still one of the best gaming memories I have.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
First game i ever beat was Super Mario Bros on the NES
First game i ever played was Mortal Kombat II on the SNES
(my uncle had a SNES and I wanted one, and then my parents ended up getting me an NES instead, couple years later they got me a SNES)

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Actually, you just reminded me it wasn't either of the two games I thought it was.

It was this:

y8P6m2E.jpg

Ha - this might be mine, too. It was either this, Super Mario Bros., or maybe Little Mermaid on NES.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Adventure on the Atari 2600? Back then most games didn't really have "endings".

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Would've been something on PS1 since that was my first console. Crash Bandicoot was my first game, but I know I didn't beat that right away because I scratched my disc and I couldn't get past a level on island 3. Eventually I found a cheat code that let me see the ending at least.

I think it must've been Twisted Metal then, at least one of the endings anyway. Either that or I probably got Crash 2 soon after and I know beat that. A year later I got a GBC and played sooo much Pokemon.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
the first sonic the hedgehog was the first console game,before that i did manage to clock one of those tomy tronic goggle games (the tank one).

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
FFVII

Played many games before it but never had the attention span or skill to finish until that one.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I finished some games on the Spectravideo 328 and Commodore 64 that just started over from level 1, usually with higher difficulty, but this was the first one with a proper ending:

The Last Ninja, C64
eIQCXDD.gif

AllBusinessJr

Oct 27, 2017
Chip_n_Dale_Rescue_Rangers_Coverart-5.jpg

So after seeing that Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers movie thread, it got me nostalgic for the old game I used to have on NES as a kid. I also remember it fondly for its great co-op and being the first game I was ever able to complete on my own as a kid. I came across some dope gifs from Super Adventures in Gaming, and it definitely brought the nostalgia.

Chip_n_Dale_NES_015.gif
Chip_n_Dale_NES_006.gif
Chip_n_Dale_NES_010.gif

lmao I remember also trying to dodge the ninja squirrels and falling off the ledge in the same way, And that one robot mouse that just jumped in the air an disappears. I remember feeling like such a badass when I realised you could catch the ball as it fell down as well and roast that robot boss real quick. Also playing with friends frequent descended into fuckery as you could pick up and throw each other like other props. Good memories and while I have a lot of fond gaming memories in childhood this one was special.

So I figured I'd ask you all in ERA, what was the first game you ever beat?

Came here to post this exact game. I remember beating fat cat and feeling so proud.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Donkey Kong country. I just remember being enamored with that game as a kid. I don't remember which early nintendo system it came out on but it was the first one i remember. Like SNES or NES or something.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I played it of games in the news-snes eras but I dont think I ever saw credits till the ps1 era. So probable RE1.

I remember thinking. Did games get a lot easier or did i get better? I think they got easier

OP
OP
formasymphonic
Oct 27, 2017
the first sonic the hedgehog was the first console game,before that i did manage to clock one of those tomy tronic goggle games (the tank one).
Also I wanna give you a shout out for saying you clocked the game because I don't hear enough of that on Era, I was tempted to actually use that but I didn't know how many people would know what it meant, haha — its definitely more of a UK thing (like saying NEZ for OG Nintendo & SNEZ for Super Nintendo lol).

MPrza

Oct 30, 2017
I started in the NES generation but I didn't beat any games from that era. My games being duck hunt/super mario bros, astyanax and blaster master.

For the SNES generation, it's either super mario world or Aladdin. It was probably super mario world but Aladdin was more memorable since my dad told me that if I beat it, they'd get me a new game for Christmas. That game being Donkey Kong Country. I was between 10 and 12 years old.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
71H3XWzoBeL._SX425_.jpg

Before I ever owned a console. Kudos to my mom for pretending to be excited as she was driving where ever.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
It was probably one of those Fun School games on the ZX Spectrum? Deep cut I know.
Barring that, most of the games on speccy were hard at my age, but Kirby's Adventure on the NES meant a lot to me because that was a game I could beat all by myself and it had save files as well. Probably one of the best games on the system, and certainly the best one I owned.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Streets of Rage 2. All I had before that were Intellivision games, and you couldn't really "beat" any of them.