• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mega-Games-2-Sega-Mega-Drive-Games.jpg

Had this beast back in the day. I think streets of rage was the very first i completed.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Legend of Zelda on the NES. Borrowed it from a couple who's child my mom babysit. Was the first big adventure game I completed. Still remember over 30 years later.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
maxresdefault.jpg

REkl4n.gif
Mt4NUm.gif

It was Cabal (Arcade). The game has two players co-op and fully destructible environments. This was something i had never seen before and blew me away back in early 90's. Who knows how much money i've spent on arcade tokens.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Streets of Rage 2 or Altered Beast.

To be honest, I couldn't beat many games as a child. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a PS3 and played Uncharted after a a break of many years without playing anything. Such a nice and beatable game.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I played it on an emulator recently to show my kids the kind of games I played at their age and I still had the invisible area completely memorized via muscle memory. I was dumbfounded and amazed.

That's awesome. So were your kids impressed? Were they more like, "You actually thought this was a good game?!"

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Has to be Captain Tsubasa on PS1. It's just football game, so it's wasn't an achievement I guess.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost positive it was Super Mario World on SNES. That or Final Fantasy III / VI on SNES.

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Rastan for the Sega master system.

I was unlucky enough to not own any video games at the time but weirdly lucky enough to have a babysitter whose son had one of the only master systems I have yet to this day seen in real life. This was the midwest United states, early 90s.
And I mean, I BEAT beat it.
If I remember correctly, if you beat the game without using any continues, you get an extra level and TRUE end boss.
Shit made my 6-7 year old self SWEAT. It's the only instance in which my child gaming self had better skills than now. I cannot recreate this feat anymore.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
nwWWaYr.gif

I didn't really finnish that many games when I was young because my older siblings would usually play so I'd just sit by and watch most of the time. But Streets of Rage is one of those games I remember playing a ton with my older brother so I'm sure we beat it a couple of times. Weren't really until I got my very own consoles that I actually got the chance to beat games by myself.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
First game you beat? Like as a kid? Get out of here! I can't beat that game at 32, forget it when I was 6
I did! I (well, my mum) only had a crappy B&W television at the time, too - and I had to leave the game paused overnight XD

The main trick was to spend ages on the third level loading every character up with the sub-weapon that killed most enemies in one hit, then hope you had enough to get you through to the end...

pauljeremiah

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
Super Mario Bros on NES, it was around late 89/early 90. I completed it and I ran out of the room to get my mom to show her that I finished it and my mom went "that's nice" and left the room.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion, the secret best version on the Master System.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Contra on the NES and Shinobi on the Master System both came out in 1987 when I was 5 years old, and I'm pretty sure I would've beaten Shinobi first as my cousin had the NES.

I was a beast out of the womb.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I honestly have no idea what it actually was, to be honest. The farthest back that I remember is Pokemon Blue (1998 is likely about the time I started getting into games anyway). My parents owned an NES but I know I didn't beat any games on that.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
It's not the first game I played, but the first game I completed has to be Commander Keen: Marooned on Mars.

maxresdefault5ckxf.jpg

danlher

Nov 1, 2017
Archon on the Atari 800XL.

I played a lot of Atari 2600 games but I didn't finish any of them.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
I have always had a pretty bad habit of not finishing games, that being said, the first game I actually completed from start to finish was Super Mario Bros on the NES.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I grew up playing a lot of DOS shareware games, we'd never buy the full games just move onto another once I'd completed the free portion.

So with that in mind it would probably have been Commander Keen invasion of the vorticons, or Wolfenstein 3D.