• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
600px-OverwatchLijiangTower.jpg

100% the same.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
While the design is clearly the same, it doesn't appear to be the exact art like in the Naughty Dog/Ubisoft situation.

Edit: I goofed.

Last edited:

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
There is a difference between actually ripping off assets (which they explained why it happened) and making a spin on a genre that exists . Overwatch wasn't first with its ideas and frankly even Overwatch has been taking hints from Paladins aswell. It is getting old hearing this over and over again.

Oct 27, 2017
There is a difference between actually ripping off assrts and making a spin on a genre that exists . Overwatch wasn't first with its ideas and frankly even Overwatch has been taking hints from Paladins aswell. It is getting old hearing this over and over again.

You should read the OP, helps to understand the discussion.

K' Dash

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
There is a difference between actually ripping off assets (which they explained why it happened) and making a spin on a genre that exists . Overwatch wasn't first with its ideas and frankly even Overwatch has been taking hints from Paladins aswell. It is getting old hearing this over and over again.

Man, give me a break with your articulate post filled with common sense, I'm here to be entertained.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Ok but the image is literally stolen from Overwatch.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's kinda funny that people find something new from a Tweet from last month.

lupe121283

Oct 31, 2017
It's kinda funny that people find something new from a Tweet from last month.

Yes, but you also need to make sure to add something to the title so that people can already come to the topic with hatred for Paladins (Even though it was Paladins Strike and it's being done by a Chinese company)

Nov 23, 2017
Member warned: Dismissing other members as fanboys.
Paladins defenders are the worst...now its overwatch copying them? That's a laugh. Do you post about how fortnite is stealing from their new original game Not-Fortnite too?

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
OP should that that it was for Paladins Strike (the mobile game, which plays nothing like the original or Overwatch for that matter), and it was made by a chinese studio they hired.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
"Click to animate:"

No.
Just use a direct gif OP, is this so hard? I hate it when people use the imgur plugin, looks so ugly. :(

But topic, yes it's 100% the same, oh my.

nyAmbzS.gif

Last edited:

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Guys the song of dance of who copied who is not the point of OP's thread.

The situation here if you actually look at the GIF is that the background is Lijang Tower from Overwatch, but the devs of Paladins have just stated that it was from an overseas partner studio. They made the advertisement and HiRez just caught on. They'll fix it immediately they said.

Now the question is why do they also have a loading screen completely similar to Heroes of the Storm.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
OP should that that it was for Paladins Strike (the mobile game, which plays nothing like the original or Overwatch for that matter), and it was made by a chinese studio they hired.
Ohhh.. I see, so its totally okay then to steal art .. huh who would have guessed /s

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Outsourced content. It happens. I can't really place any blame on Hi-Rez. Reminds me of that one time TeSPA used a stock image of League and used it to promote Heroes of the Dorm.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
The explanation is pretty straightforward. It's unfortunate, but there's really not much to discuss here, aside from the typical Paladins sucks rhetoric.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
lol people still bagging on paladins for copying overwatch when neither have original designs and a few of the really close designs between the two were first shown in paladins and then overwatch revealed their design afterward.

As for the topic at hand, it happens sometimes unfortunately. Chinese studio for the mobile game should have had more oversight. Same thing happened with a card from shadowverse where a contracted artist for a card used a background from a Magic card.