• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HEY NINTENDO

SPOTIFY EXISTS

IF SQUARE OF ALL PEOPLE CAN GET OFF THEIR ASSES AND PUT CHRONO TRIGGER ON IT THEN SO CAN YOU

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Fuck Nintendo. You just know they aren't planning on making it legally widely accessible through other means themselves.

treasureyez

Nov 23, 2017
Unpack this more: what benefit does Nintendo derive from allowing people on YouTube (or wherever) to upload their music? Could the same be extended to film soundtracks or TV scores or whatever other medium you want to apply it to?

It allows people to remain emotionally attached to the IP while not actively playing the game, making it more likely for them to purchase future titles and merchandise related to that IP. Not saying that's a legal justification, but there are clear benefits to Nintendo allowing its fans to actually engage in being fans.

Most film scores are commercially available, whereas Nintendo doesn't provide many other avenues to listen to music from its titles.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
It allows people to remain emotionally attached to the IP while not actively playing the game, making it more likely for them to purchase future titles and merchandise related to that IP. Not saying that's a legal justification, but there are clear benefits to Nintendo allowing its fans to actually engage in being fans.

Most film scores are commercially available, whereas Nintendo doesn't provide many other avenues to listen to music from its titles.
This may be speculation on my part, but maybe Nintendo is about to do something major regarding their music? Like release it all on their own app? Idk, it might be random but maybe there's a point to it all. I will miss my work music, RIP GilvaSunner.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
the thing that frustrates me the most about all of this bullshit is that I would gladly listen to the soundtracks on a service that would earn nintendo revenue

if they would fucking add it to them

I haven't owned a CD player outside of the one in my car for literally decades, and my PC doesn't have a CD drive.
This, I can't believe they haven't taken this step. Like what's the drawback? We got XB2 and 8 tracks from Odyssey on iTunes and that's it