• We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

Not happy with nuking out of Youtube all FE music, Nintendo hits GilvaSunner (copyright claims) and BrawlBRSTMs3 (terminated)

Dec 8, 2017
Ridiculous. You don’t have the pay to listen to the radio, you shouldn’t have to pay to just listen to music online.

Kanmurukillua

Jan 28, 2019
Not every game even sells soundtrack CDs, people, lmao. I'm not sure why that's an argument anyone is using to defend Nintendo.

Kareha

Jun 15, 2018
United Kingdom
Ah yes, an incomplete CD only released in limited quantities in Japan is definitely a great substitute for putting them on streaming services everywhere.

The lengths some of you go to defend Nintendo is just ludicrous.
Better than having nothing to listen to. And I'm not defending Nintendo
Do I deserve inefficient capitalism?
Next time, state your philosophical and moral viewpoint before accepting legality as the "be all, end all".
Remember, new laws actually get created.

That is a cool story, one that is unlikely to be possible even for the people posting in this thread.
Well if they can't or won't buy the CDs or are unable to legally stream I guess they're shit out of luck. I'm sure the other ways are frowned upon just like videogame piracy is.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
so you are saying that youtube/youtube channels need to pay royalties to the artist/copyright owners?
because radios works like that.
And you know what a lot of music owners do? They license their music to be played on Youtube instead of taking it all down. Funny how that works.

chronomac

Oct 25, 2017
Mobile, AL
I wouldn’t care if they would at least put this shit on Apple Music / Spotify. Seriously, either give us a legal way to stream the music or stop going after these reuploaders.
It amazes me, even given Nintendo's reputation, that they haven't followed Square/Enix's direction and done this. As of right now, Nintendo makes basically $0 in the United State on their soundtracks. If they uploaded them to the streaming services they would start pulling in some serious cash. Obviously it would require some effort, writing metadata and making sure the rips/masters are good, but the opportunity is right there.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
They should put it on spotify. Love it when a random bloodborne song comes on while i'm walking home, gets me pumped.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite thing about those music video, was to read other people reactions about what the music is associated to, that is really hard to get on forums because it’s very specific.
Now I just wish they’d put those on streaming platforms even if I’ll miss that.