• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
So as plenty of people have pointed out, Nintendo has been taking down all music rips of Fire Emblem Three Houses music, which at the moment seemed odd since a lot of music from their games was available on Youtube without issue.

Well, Nintendo decided to correct that... by taking out all that music, and what better way than fucking over two of the most popular music rippers on the platform.

There's no legal way of listening to any of this music, and knowing Nintendo, there will never be. Between this and the constant copyright striking of rom communities, it's clear that Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about preservation.

jaekeem

Oct 27, 2017
yikes

I love my new switch, but nintendo is so bizarre when it comes to a handful of issues like this and online play

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Ugggggggggh.

I know BrawlSTRMs' days were numbered, but I thought he got rid of the rest of his Nintendo-related content...

data

Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunate, but that is the reality of the situation.

Maybe they plan on releasing these osts soon for sale( if only)

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
i blame the japanese record industry more than i blame nintendo for this one tbh. the music industry over there can be ruthless with copyright.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't care if they would at least put this shit on Apple Music / Spotify. Seriously, either give us a legal way to stream the music or stop going after these reuploaders.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
They'll be a way to listen to fire emblems Three Houses soundtrack when it's CD official release happens like the last couple games.

And now I gotta see what songs I had saved on my YouTube playlists. There goes some playlists

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
On my way to buy the out of print Smash Bros Brawl CD for a cool $150

Too many people here are hung up on Fire Emblem: Three Houses when the story is far past that now.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
There's no legal way of listening to any of this music, and knowing Nintendo, there will never be. Between this and the constant copyright striking of rom communities, it's clear that Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about preservation.
You can buy the soundtrack.

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
Can Nintendo put their soundtracks on something like Spotify already, geez.

Ugggggggggh.

I know BrawlSTRMs' days were numbered, but I thought he got rid of the rest of his Nintendo-related content...
He had a couple of old ones still up, like Super Mario RPG and Star Fox Assault.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
There's nintendo music throughout youtube everywhere without issue. Nintendo doesn't want three houses music on youtube yet.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
What the fuck Nintendo?

People have been putting their music on Youtube for over a decade, so why the hell did they decide to go apeshit over it only now?

As much as I love Nintendo, they can fuck right off concerning this.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
When you have a chance to stop something that promotes, increases fan interest and celebrates your game/platform for free you have to take it.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
So many record labels are putting full albums up on YouTube these days I'm surprised more game publishers haven't done the same. These unofficial ones are some of the most popular videos on the platform, and it would be easy way to get loads of ad revenue.

For the Japanese publishers at least I'm sure it has a lot to do with how uber traditional the music industry is over there.

Last edited:
May 9, 2018
So many record labels are putting full albums up on YouTube these days I'm surprised more game publishers haven't done the same. These unofficial ones are some of the most popular videos on the platform, and it would be easy way to get loads of ad revenue.

For the Japanese publishers at least I'm sure it has a lot to do with uber traditional music industry is over there.
It's easing up a bit; Capcom and Square Enix just put their soundtracks on Spotify and Apple Music. YT music streaming is inevitable after that.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
when will video games companies put their fucking music on spotify like square

we just want to listen to your good ass music. God damn

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
It's the fire emblem three houses music that got them banned, but I find it weird that people are acting like all nintendo music is banned from youtube now. From other channels there's still lots of music uploads still available