• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
It's the fire emblem three houses music that got them banned, but I find it weird that people are acting like all nintendo music is banned from youtube now. From other channels there's still lots of music uploads still available
EB3Sce-WsAA4GIh

Ah, yes classic Fire Emblem tracks like... "Hyrule Field - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time" and "Flower Garden - Yoshi's Island"? That can't be right.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
The biggest problem and why I don't buy more game soundtracks is because they never have ALL the music. If they had all the music I'd shovel money into their bank account. But as of right now everyone always gives like 12 tracks and that's it. Especially with the Ablaze and normal versions of music in games like Fire Emblem it's like "If you won't give me the full thing don't punish me for seeking it out"

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Aw man, RIP both of them
Sharing catchy Nintendo tunes with people is gonna become a lot more cumbersome now

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Brawlbrstms will come back somehow. There's a reason they've made it to 3

Still this shit makes no sense

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I was in the mood of listening to Roar of Dominion but I guess I'll have to boot up Fire Emblem 3H for that, if only Nintendo would put the music on a streaming platform, there wouldn't be any problem.
And now you're telling me they decided to go after almost everything...

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Nintendo seems to be removing pretty much all their music from YouTube.

Fortunately Pokémon isn't affected as it isn't totally owned by them.

Oct 25, 2017
Get ready for Brawlbrstms4 next month.

But in all seriousness though either this is the beginning of a crackdown or the straight rips with no "original effort" is the thing causing this to happen. Right now other youtube rippers like Dystify haven't really been touched because they upload music with slightly animated videos (smash had a scrolling art thing for example)

Has it been proven what got Brawlbrstms terminated or are we just lumping it in with Giiva?

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
brutal.

unfortunately it was only a matter of time. youtube has been cracking down HARD on people uploading content with no original commentary provided by the youtuber itself.

i'm expecting longplay gameplay vids with no commentary/webcam to be decimated soon as well

Quantza

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, definitely not selling my nintendo games now...
Is it legal to rip tracks off them via console? lol

Why aren't they selling CDs, at least?
Could exchange stars for soundtracks when Club Nintendo existed in Europe - e.g. 3D world, Ocarina of time, Mario kart 8 etc.
Remember when you could get the Wonderful 101 OST off iTunes? Good times.

Lol, that's vanished off the face of the Earth.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As savage as Nintendo is, it was weird that these channels always stayed up.

Sucks that they're gone, YouTube is really the only place you can find the entirety of a video games score/soundtrack. Even CDs have gaps and miss stuff that you can't get. I'm grateful that Nintendo puts all their Splatoon stuff on CDs (that you have to import...but baby steps), I always thought it was going to lead to them doing soundtracks for everything but it's still an uphill battle.

Smash is such a huge project with so many composers that we'll never get anything close to a full official soundtrack

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sick of Nintendo's old fashioned mindset. Its both silly and frustrating how they hurt their own brand by going out of their way to stop things that have absolutely no negative effect on them.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
What if the soundtrack rippers had an animated picture or those colorful bouncing lines or something play over the ripped music? Would that count as "transformative" content by Nintendo's standards?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Last time I checked spotify for tracks I wanted to listen to I could barely find anything. If they at least got the newest stuff, that would already be a decent improvement.
what kind of stuff do you listen to? i find most stuff fine except for stuff from artists on major japanese labels unless they have a western branch like warner japan. you might need to search their name in japanese and english too.

Mattakuevan

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 days): advocating piracy
Guess we'll have to listen to it by "other" means. Good job nintendo.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I mean, this has always been the grey area. You're not supposed to listen to the music without buying the thing. Even if the OST are not available for purchase, people always made the same argument in ROM/ISO piracy. They'd rather see the media lost in history than get pirated somehow.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Curse these nefarious hoodlums listening to music from their favorite games. You wouldn't stream a car, would you?

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Sucks that we lost these two. They made it so if you wanted to look up video game music, you'd be sure to find it.
Guess this just means if you really want to listen to something, download the MP3 from somewhere or download the video if you have to. Such convenience can always be taken away so swiftly.

Oct 26, 2017
That really sucks. I have a fond spot for youtube because of all the cool stuff I've found that I wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise on there.

Especially reading comments from people on various tracks and talking about the memories they have of playing games that the tracks are from.

I think track uploads have played an important role in keeping many games alive, allowing people to discover and talk about them in ways they wouldn't be able to otherwise. They also help in allowing people to discover stuff they wouldn't know about due to recommendations leading you through unexpected twists and turns.

I'm curious as to why FE Three Houses in particular is what they're going all out on.

May 13, 2019
What if the soundtrack rippers had an animated picture or those colorful bouncing lines or something play over the ripped music? Would that count as "transformative" content by Nintendo's standards?
It's pretty much what SE said about uploading tracks form FFXIV: you're free to do so as long as you include a gameplay video along with the music.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
They have the right to do what they want with their own music, but considering you can't listen to most of these songs anywhere else... I can't say I support this move. I hope they decide to put their discography on streaming in the future :/ I used these channels all the time :/

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Also Why did they put an 8 track sound selection for Odyssey on iTunes and then just... stop?

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
what kind of stuff do you listen to? i find most stuff fine except for stuff from artists on major japanese labels unless they have a western branch like warner japan. you might need to search their name in japanese and english too.
I would already be happy being able to listen to latest jpop and OP/ED songs for the anime shows that are simulcasted over here. I tried aniuta, but they're missing too much to make it worth the money. So I'm back to using youtube and anime radio streams.

HeroR

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
So as plenty of people have pointed out, Nintendo has been taking down all music rips of Fire Emblem Three Houses music, which at the moment seemed odd since a lot of music from their games was available on Youtube without issue.

Well, Nintendo decided to correct that... by taking out all that music, and what better way than fucking over two of the most popular music rippers on the platform.

There's no legal way of listening to any of this music, and knowing Nintendo, there will never be. Between this and the constant copyright striking of rom communities, it's clear that Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about preservation.

These two points have nothing to do with preservation. It's really annoying that people still keep making this argument.