• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
As a survivor myself, it was so harrowing to get through the post, I still don't feel calm. And I read it a while before everyone else. It just shook me to my core in a way I'm not sure I have the words to explain.
I'm very sorry.

This whole thing has been an odyssey. It started almost as just dunking on Michaud, and Doug and Rob Walker, and their incompetence. And, heck, even a few days ago we were all still kind of joking about things, like The Gamer Dragon, and now it's just...

I just cannot believe what happened at that company, by the Walkers and Michaud, and the piss poor responses they've given. What a travesty.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I..... feel so completely and utterly sick right now....

As bad as this is for us, I can only imagine how Linkara, Bennett, MarzGurl and everyone else feels... I mean, they MOURNED the guy without even knowing any of this.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Even if Doug doesn't take a major hit for this view wise, he may lose more sponsors. And less big time people will want to crossover with him
Black nerd (who I know is friends with Lindsay)
Screenjunkies who had a similar situation with signore.
Like I doubt he will be asked to make a movie trivia schmoedown appearance. Or be on Amy other collider content.

I feel bad for people who are going to be attacked for mourning jewwario, not knowing of this.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Even if Doug doesn't take a major hit for this view wise, he may lose more sponsors. And less big time people will want to crossover with him
Black nerd (who I know is friends with Lindsay)
Screenjunkies who had a similar situation with signore.
Like I doubt he will be asked to make a movie trivia schmoedown appearance. Or be on Amy other collider content.

I noticed Cinamasscre is no longer listed as a partner... I'm not sure who made the decision, but I can't even imagine how James is reacting to all this.

...edit: some of my text became very, very small and I don't know how.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I hate to speak poorly of the dead, but JewWario really was scum. I wish he didn't kill himself because he should have faced justice for what he did.

DorkLord54

Oct 27, 2017
Michigan
And the thing is, there was a good year between his departure from TGWTG and his suicide. They should've told the others immediately after his departure why he actually left, instead of just keeping it to themselves, which allowed them to make money off of it a year later.

ShinRPGamer

Nov 4, 2017
Been following this story since it came out even if I haven't been posting here. Holy shit, this whole has taken a turn...somewhere. All I can really say about the Jewwario stuff is Yikes. Fucking yikes.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I'm still in touch with some people that were close to him as well and worked with him. This is going to hit them hard. Very hard.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Has James made an appearance with Jon Tron since the white supremacist shit?
Like Mike ok friends all your life even if they are shitty, hard to break off.
Alpha omega sin we can chalk up to ignorance.

I don't even think Jontron himself has done much since the white supremacist stuff.

And the thing is, there was a good year between his departure from TGWTG and his suicide. They should've told the others immediately after his departure why he actually left, instead of just keeping it to themselves, which allowed them to make money off of it a year later.

Fuck. It's like every element of this story is just elementally shitty.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The audacity of all those CA owners making all those half-assed apologies and accusations knowing what they did about Jewwario.

CA needs to burn down.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
I..... feel so completely and utterly sick right now....

As bad as this is for us, I can only imagine how Linkara, Bennett, MarzGurl and everyone else feels... I mean, they MOURNED the guy without even knowing any of this.

Until today, they would have remembered him as a dearly departed friend. A collaborator. Again, MarzGurl finished his fucking film about his OC superhero persona because their friendship mattered that much to her. I cannot imagine trying to reconcile the reality of this.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who's ready for a ten page manuscript response from Channel Awesome arguing that the Jewwario stuff is all some woman's fault or some bs

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My non channel awesome YouTuber twitter drama focus has been h3h3 making a transphobic joke. Posting about the person calling him out without removing the name so his fans can go harass. While also removing the transphobic part of the jokes.

And a rick and Morty guy jumped in for no reason
I think I know what event you're talking about and that wasn't a Rick and Morty guy, that was THE guy, the creator of the series and he blocked the person who was offended by H3H3's transphobic tweets.

y3k

Oct 25, 2017
I am kind of in awe over how this started out as a mildly lighthearted 'tell war stories over twitter' and has just gotten steadily darker as it's progressed.

By this time next week, we'll find out Rob eats babies or something.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Fucking hell at the JewWario revelation :( That stings as a huge former fan and someone who was devastated by his suicide. Not to mention poor Jacob...

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, they tried to debunk the document by posting those chat logs, saying it was only 3 weeks and not a year, and in the aftermath they not only outed who the accused was, but that there was a second sexual assault accusation, and this new person, the one in the logs, said this happened long after the incident in the document. They already tried to smear one victim, and that backfired. Now they have two.

I truly do now wonder if they're going to have to get a lawyer to craft something, or if they're going to keep disaster going by doing it themselves. And, how long a response to all of this is going to take again.

JCHandsom

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017

I'm a fan of Jenny Nicholson after recently discovering her work (she's on-the-ball when it comes to Star Wars IMO) but I don't think I can look at this the same way, at least right now.

Right now there is just this sense of dread, that things are gonna get worse and more people are gonna get caught in the crossfire and more relationships are gonna be burned or broken. I can't say it isn't justified, because it is, but it doesn't feel the same.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It makes me wonder if the same thing is going to happen to Rooster Teeth eventually and all the secrets will be uncovered. I really hope not, i watched NC and RT during a not so good period of my life and i couldn't be more disappointed in NC so i hope the same thing doesn't happen to RT

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just caught up on this after a couple of people retweeted CA's response on my Twitter account. This took an insane turn.

Oct 25, 2017
Never watched JW's videos, but I know a lot of creators mourned for him for a long time.
The Sage still has his hat up in every video after all this time.
Must hurt for everyone involved

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
I am kind of in awe over how this started out as a mildly lighthearted 'tell war stories over twitter' and has just gotten steadily darker as it's progressed.

By this time next week, we'll find out Rob eats babies or something.

It's also becoming a very cautionary tale with regards to the mythology of the 'wild west' days of the internet. The fantasy of a bunch of amateurs banding together, slowly building into something bigger than themselves. Because the amateurs can include assholes that, through their web of connections with others - the line between friends and co-workers blurred beyond recognition - secure themselves against the reckoning they otherwise deserve..

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I truly do now wonder if they're going to have to get a lawyer to craft something, or if they're going to keep disaster going by doing it themselves. And, how long a response to all of this is going to take again.

A lawyer would have advised them to not say anything in the first place, much less release potential incriminating evidence on the internet. But hey...it's the wild west.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I had seen everything there was to see about this situation and then it turns out JewWario was a goddamn rapist and the heads probably knew about it???

What the FUCK.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
...Oh god I just realised, a fair number of contributors had the same 'amateur Hugh Hefner' gimmick didn't they? Bath robe and all that. Kinda wondering if that was used as a means of justifying things 'in character'...

Edit: Sorry for broad speculation

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
I have a bad feeling it wasn't just JewWario who did this. "crosses fingers hoping Sage is innocent in all of this. The fact that Sage has been comparatively silent through out all of this has me concerned"

My heart couldn't handle Sage being a part of this. I honestly don't believe he would, but we will surely find out in due time. :(

Arkle

Mar 26, 2018
Rialto, CA
Lindsay once spoke about Justin basically talking her down during a suicidal period in her life. I cannot imagine what she must be feeling right now. Learning this kind of thing about someone you liked is bad enough, but imagine learning that about someone who saved your life.