• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
Given the likelyhood of Joe Biden winning the nomination, combined with the Rape allegations, there are many people who would rather not vote for Biden during the election. I totally understand why people would be uncomfortable with him, but I'm urging people who decide to sit out the presidential race to please at least participate in the House, Senate, and Governor races.

If Trump ends up winning a second term, the only thing left to check his power will be the House of Representatives, the Senate, and states and municipalities that step up to protect their citizens against Trump's policies. Currently all we can do is block whatever is attempted to pass through the Senate, but we have little recourse for checking his Judicial nominations, or his executive powers. If we lose any seats in the house, and if we fail to take back a majority in the Senate, Trump will be virtually unchecked during his second term.

If you feel the presidency is already a lost cause, then please for the love of God, vote in your House, Senate, Governor, and local races. We can at the very least limit the damage that the Trump administration may inflict on the country.

The senate shall decide our fate. (and the other elections as well)

Last edited:

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
This is important. Remember, Merrick Garland didn't enter the SCOTUS because people just didn't care to vote for the 2014 mid-terms.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
But also vote for Biden anyways because we have to. The only people you can be pissed at is the other voters for not going out and picking Bernie. I am still pissed about that. I strongly dislike Biden. But I am voting for him because we can't have another 4 years of Trump.

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But also vote for Biden anyways because we have to. The only people you can be pissed at is the other voters for not going out and picking Bernie. I am still pissed about that. I strongly dislike Biden. But I am voting for him because we can't have another 4 years of Trump.

I think this is unfair to ask of some people even if you feel like it's important.

Flipping the Senate and holding the House would be wonderful. People absolutely should still vote for everything else. I think it's pragmatic to vote for Biden, but I also understand the moral reason to abstain.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I think this is unfair to ask of some people even if you feel like it's important.

Flipping the Senate and holding the House would be wonderful. People absolutely should still vote for everything else. I think it's pragmatic to vote for Biden, but I also understand the moral reason to abstain.

We need to provide an alternative for people to have their voice heard than abstaining in the most important election of our lifetime.

Maybe giving up party memberships?

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I was wondering how the left was going to shoot itself in the foot this time. The left candidate is too far to the right, let's get the far right elected instead.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
You're high if you think the average person who would skip a presidential election vote is informed enough and energized enough to go and vote down ticket.

Actually high. Energy and down ticket votes start at the top. If Joe loses the base, most others will fall too. Millions of people will be hurt because of it.

We may have to accept eating a bowl of shit. You don't have to do it with a smile. But you might need to do it for the good of everyone else.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
You're high if you think the average person who would skip a presidential election vote is informed enough and energized enough to go and vote down ticket.

Actually high. Energy and down ticket votes start at the top. If Joe loses the base, most others will fall too. Millions of people will be hurt because of it. We may have to accept eating a bowl of shit. You don't have to do it with a smile. But you might need to do it for the good of everyone else.
pretty sure if people are going to remember anything from the last few weeks and the coming weeks going forward its going to be that they lost their fucking jobs because of the idiot in the white house and not the credible rape accusation.
as bad as it is people in general, don't give a shit about this stuff. If they did we wouldn't have the clown in the oval office, TWO SUPREME COURT JUSTICES credibly accused of sexual harrasment & assault, wouldn't be on the bench either.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly this is where I'm at.

I don't want Biden at all, and we can do way better for ourselves, but that doesn't change the situation we're in.

There's no scenario where Trump winning isn't worse for all of us.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Actually high. Energy and down ticket votes start at the top. If Joe loses the base, most others will fall too. Millions of people will be hurt because of it.

We may have to accept eating a bowl of shit. You don't have to do it with a smile. But you might need to do it for the good of everyone else.

I imagine for a lot of people with reservations about Biden it's either a decision between not voting at all or voting for everything except president in which case the eating a bowl of shit metaphor in this scenario would be encouraging them to vote down ballot even if they skip on Joe compared to the worse option of them not voting at all

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering how the left was going to shoot itself in the foot this time. The left candidate is too far to the right, let's get the far right elected instead.

I won't be voting for Biden but will vote downballot. I voted for Hillary in 2016 and was happy to do so, but Biden is less qualified with more actual baggage and far too friendly with republican policy so fuck him.

Costa

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Am I out of the loop? Who alleged Biden of rape?

Google has led me to these eight instances of sexual misconduct, but "None of them said Biden's behavior amounted to sexual harassment or assault."

www.resetera.com

"You're nothing": Joe Biden rape victim comes forward in brave audio interview [up: she filed a criminal complaint]

https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/joe-bidens-accuser-finally-tells-her-full-story "Tara Reade has been trying to have her story told since 1993, when she was working as a staff assistant to then Senator Joe Biden." Harrowing stuff, if you can listen to this and not believe that he raped this...

Great. Believe women "unless it's our guy."

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
This is what i plan on doing regardless. I'm having mixed feelings right now. I really don't feel comfortable voting for an alleged rapist, but 4 more years of Trump is going to destroy this generation for good. Please just fucking vote for Bernie this primary.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I dunno. Really seems like he's going to get a second term.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
www.resetera.com

"You're nothing": Joe Biden rape victim comes forward in brave audio interview [up: she filed a criminal complaint]

https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/joe-bidens-accuser-finally-tells-her-full-story "Tara Reade has been trying to have her story told since 1993, when she was working as a staff assistant to then Senator Joe Biden." Harrowing stuff, if you can listen to this and not believe that he raped this...

Trump had a littany of accusations in his life. It's an established fact that he beat and raped Ivana, one year before she made her deposition. I'm not saying not to believe this accuser, I'm saying that the processes in place to determine the truth of the accusations in the criminal system should be followed.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

Thank you

Oct 26, 2017
Not wanting to vote for Biden is not an excuse to not vote at all, down the ballot votes matter. Unfortunately I don't think a lot of young people will think about this.

Vote for the less bad option you petulant children. JFC

So someone is a petulant child for being uncomfortable with their party knowingly nominating an alleged borderline rapist and not wanting to support that decision? If you expected Republicans to drop Trump after similar allegations broke, why should it be any different for Biden?

OP
OP
Redeye97

Redeye97

Banned
Apr 25, 2019
To the people who are here just to sling insults at the people who don't want to vote for a potentially rapist:

This isn't a Bernie vs. Biden thing for many. This isn't a Left vs. Center/right for many. This isn't even sour grapes for a losing candidate for most. Its a matter of Joe Biden tried to rape a former staffer. This is a man who's supposed to go against a rapist, a racist, and a murderer through negligence. "Joe may be a rapist but..." is not going to cut it for many. It shouldn't cut it for any. We should not be having to brush off our morals just so we can topple one of the worst monsters in American history, cause where do we draw the line? How about a candidate who is a compulsive liar, or one who is a hardcore racist, fucking hates the poor, thinks women are subhuman, or maybe a combination of all of those. When do we stop short of having a Democratic Trump?

You want to know why I will never vote Republican? Because their ends always justifies their means. "So this Roy Moore Character may have molested children, but at least he isn't Doug Jones. at least he isn't a democrat. At least his son isn't gay, In fact, fuck his accusers,". This is the shit I had to deal with in my home state not even 2 years ago. You have another politician comparing women to cattle, another saying Muslims are subhuman, others who think the Jim crow era were the "good ol' days". Yet at the end of the day. No matter what heinous things they've said or done, they hold power because their base decided the ends justified the means. As long as the economy grows. As long as the immigrants are kept out. As long as America "remains" Christian, As long as America is great again.

I don't expect even half of you to read through this, and even less to get my point. But I don't want our party to go down the same path as the Republicans. It makes me sick that I'll have to vote for this monster just to take out the bigger monster. For some that is asking too much, and I applaud those people who would rather not sacrifice their souls for the greater good. I wish I wasn't so numb to it myself.

This whole fucking situation is gross, but at the very least voting in local elections and for the house and senate shouldn't be as gross. For many, its the best we can do to protect our future.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Ah calling people children for not voting for your preferred candidate.

How did that go in 2016?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be clear. Anyone who doesn't vote for the Democratic nominee in November is 100% in support of Trump naming 2-3 more Supreme court justices, and continuing to stack the federal courts with right wing nuts for the majority of their remaining life.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, this is how I'm leaning. No vote for president, or a write in. Vote D otherwise down the ticket. I live in Oregon.

Aisod

Mar 21, 2020
I dislike Biden, but 4 more years of Trump is a disaster. There is no way I am not voting for Biden.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Given the likelyhood of Joe Biden winning the nomination, combined with the Rape allegations, there are many people who would rather not vote for Biden during the election. I totally understand why people would be uncomfortable with him, but I'm urging people who decide to sit out the presidential race to please at least participate in the House, Senate, and Governor races.

If Trump ends up winning a second term, the only thing left to check his power will be the House of Representatives, the Senate, and states and municipalities that step up to protect their citizens against Trump's policies. Currently all we can do is block whatever is attempted to pass through the Senate, but we have little recourse for checking his Judicial nominations, or his executive powers. If we lose any seats in the house, and if we fail to take back a majority in the Senate, Trump will be virtually unchecked during his second term.

If you feel the presidency is already a lost cause, then please for the love of God, vote in your House, Senate, Governor, and local races. We can at the very least limit the damage that the Trump administration may inflict on the country.

The senate shall decide our fate. (and the other elections as well)

Here's the problem with that. If we don't vote for Biden, Trump wins. And if that happens, we're getting a serial rapist rather than a guy who did it once or twice.

I know, lesser of two evils, but in this area, we don't have a fucking choice. No vote is basically a vote for Trump at this point.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine not voting in the presidential election. It's so fucking important. I don't care if you don't like Biden, I don't like him either, vote for him over Trump's bitch ass. We can't afford to have Trump in office for another four years.

Mar 3, 2019
Once you've been on this earth for awhile you realize it's all about pragmatics and going for the choice that will hurt the least. Voting Biden versus not voting at all if you are a democrat is the pragmatic choice, even with his past.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
So then it isn't an issue. You'll get your preferred nominee on the ballot, just remind everybody about how the other guy raped more, probably, in November and you've got it in the bag!!!
My preferred nominee, this late into the primary, is who the voters of the party prefer. I think this allegation came out too late and in the middle of a fucking pandemic in which everyone just assumes that it's gonna be Biden v Trump, so it won't do much harm and I'll assume anyone who's bringing up the rape around November is acting pro trump.
really no reason to do the work of the other guys for them.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
And letting donal trump win is hardly the way to get what we want long term.

As you said the ones who put him in there were his voters.

That said DT has as much chance as winning NY as I do winning the Powerball so my vote for pres doesn't matter. If you live in a swing state voting Biden is the more pragmatic choice but for those of us that don't? I don't see the issue with skipping him and voting down ticket.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
As you said the ones who put him in there were his voters.

That said DT has as much chance as winning NY as I do winning the Powerball so my vote for pres doesn't matter. If you live in a swing state voting Biden is the more pragmatic choice but for those of us that don't? I don't see the issue with skipping him and voting down ticket.
Ok do that, but please don't actively pollute the conversation online.
If you ever find yourself on the side of trumpism and magats around October, just stay quiet instead. Be a neutron not an electron.

Status
Not open for further replies.