• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Not the best look for SmUsh. Short of it is that Tweek is accusing Wrath's girlfriend Sakura of not just coaching him between sets to expose his weaknesses, but also giving him messages which raised his power level. Not sure if they were also accused of bathing and using deodorant.

Of course, Sakura was just giving Wrath words of encouragement, and the tournament organizers watching saw nothing wrong with it.

That didn't stop Tweek from doubling down and for the usual suspects to raise a fuss.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The way he handled his loss @ Summit was weird too. Just like dropped off the radar and left chat/discord.
I think hes very talented but this isn't a good look.

edit: oh, that's the angle.
Not sure if they were also accused of bathing and using deodorant.

You know when you're highlighting an immature person its best not to be a hypocrite.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Everytime I hear about smash drama it's somehow over the lamest shit possible.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"it's a form of coaching whether you want to harass me for saying it or not"
Grow a thicker skin you fucking baby jfc

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The way he handled his loss @ Summit was weird too. Just like dropped off the radar and left chat/discord.
I think hes very talented but this isn't a good look.

edit: oh, that's the angle.

You know when you're highlighting an immature person its best not to be a hypocrite.
"being the bigger person" is boomer talk

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Blaming the girlfriend of someone and framing it in a way to enable targeted harassment is not a non-story.

If there was an issue tweek would bring that up with the tournament organizers, not write a twitlonger Everytime something has wronged him. He's a manchild who wants the support of his fans to make his voice heard instead of dealing it like an adult

Speedlynx

Nov 22, 2017
He also mentioned pointblank heckling and verbal coaching in the twitlonger (these are against TO rules)

I take it you've never been in this position OP. You posted this on Era knowing it would blow up because "greasy nerds and girl drama"

Edit - yeah, tweek should've stood up for himself. Doesn't make it any less shitty

NemesisTheory

One Winged Slayer
Jun 15, 2019
Netherlands
Really? So whenever I play with friends and my girlfriend cheers me on that means I'm cheating/have an unfair advantage, or I'm supposed to get mad when my friend's wife or kids cheer him on?

Come on, now.

Deleted member 52755

Jan 28, 2019
Not the best look for SmUsh. Short of it is that Tweek is accusing Wrath's girlfriend Sakura of not just coaching him between sets to expose his weaknesses, but also giving him messages which raised his power level. Not sure if they were also accused of bathing and using deodorant.

Of course, Sakura was just giving Wrath words of encouragement, and the tournament organizers watching saw nothing wrong with it.

That didn't stop Tweek from doubling down and for the usual suspects to raise a fuss.

There is drama in CSGO all the time (and other esport as well probably) but somehow there never is a thread on era about it

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He also mentioned pointblank heckling and verbal coaching in the twitlonger (these are against TO rules)

I take it you've never been in this position OP. You posted this on Era knowing it would blow up because "greasy nerds and girl drama"

Edit - yeah, tweek should've stood up for himself. Doesn't make it any less shitty
Yeah I don't like how this is one small part of a bigger ongoing drama and very few here will see the bigger picture.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being this salty and upset that someone was receiving affection and encouragement before doing a sport.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Yeah but like thats not the whole story
Dude said he was getting heckled as well in his other tweets and was getting super distracted by people being that close singing out loud

But you're just going to frame it up as person is jealous of gf despite him being in a relationship aren't you?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being this salty and upset that someone was receiving affection and encouragement before doing a sport.

If you're not going to read into the details it was about the heckling as well (I know how bad this can get), not because someone was receiving affection. There's no footage so its hard to say what went down and how bad it was, but hes definitely making it worse with the way hes handling it.
I know ERA's not one for nuance, but occasionally it would be nice.

OP
OP
Neo0mj

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017

I feel heckling would be a common thing in smaller more intimate tournaments and something many players know how to block out. Tweek isn't new to this, he should be able to handle it.
And regarding the coaching if the TOs felt Wrath was getting any real actual coaching don't you think they would have intervened, especially if it happened more than once like Tweek said?

There is drama in CSGO all the time (and other esport as well probably) but somehow there never is a thread on era about it

If you feel there's an important story that's not getting attention no one is stopping you from making a thread.

Deleted member 52755

Jan 28, 2019
I feel heckling would be a common thing in smaller more intimate tournaments and something many players know how to block out. Tweek isn't new to this, he should be able to handle it.
And regarding the coaching if the TOs felt Wrath was getting any real actual coaching don't you think they would have intervened, especially if it happened more than once like Tweek said?

If you feel there's an important story that's not getting attention no one is stopping you from making a thread.
I was implying the opposite, this does not deserve a thread

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
This is why people are hesitant to consider smash a video game—the product makes the entire medium, and often times humanity, look bad.

Biggad

Jul 3, 2018
Very disingenuous thread title and focus. Whether or not you want to agree with him, that's not even his main issue.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Yeah I don't like how this is one small part of a bigger ongoing drama and very few here will see the bigger picture.
Yeah, there is more to tell here. But I still think Tweek is being childish and trying to score pity points or whatever. He should have told the TO's at the moment, or soon after.

Though some things I've read in the tweets (don't know if they're true though):
- Coaching is not allowed in Smash (still, I don't see a quick massage between sets as coaching)
- The girl claims she only went up to her boyfriend between sets, not midset. Though I read that they've only played 1 set, so don't know what the deal is.
- The crowd was yelling and making notice just a few meters behind the players, all against Tweek. Including TO's. This should be normal, but I read that this kind of noise would be prohibited during a streamed match. Note that they were playing off stream.

All in all, I still think Tweek is overreacting, but the question is if rules were broken or not. Either way, Smash rules should be better.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
If you're not going to read into the details it was about the heckling as well (I know how bad this can get), not because someone was receiving affection. There's no footage so its hard to say what went down and how bad it was, but hes definitely making it worse with the way hes handling it.
There is footage
or at least footage of a small part of the match

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please point to my post where I said that was the only thing he was upset about. Didn't mention the heckling since that wasn't the part I had a problem with.

Heckling sucks, but guess what, it's a part of any sport, especially 1v1 sports. And if the "physical coaching" didn't bother him, then he wouldn't have bothered mentioning it at all and just focused on the heckling.

I'll give him some slack for the heckling being annoying, but yes, he's salty as fuck for mentioning the "physical coaching" being a problem, which is just stupid. If it was a situation like Hungrybox having a coach sit next to them the whole set, I'd get it, but "physical coaching" from a girlfriend being an issue? Screw that.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like this is why I consider myself someone who videogames a lot and has multiple side activities related to gaming, but have a hard time counting myself part of the gamer culture.

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Smash players trying so hard to be taken seriously and then make a controversy about shit like this

Deleted member 32135

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Tournaments should specify a distance that people who are not the players should respect. Tournaments should also say before hand if every TV set has or has not audio headsets for the players. If not, you end with a mad man shouting stupid things on your ear. That's a valid complain by him.

The massage thing is irrelevant and so absurd that makes people lose the focus on the important things of your complain.

Thread tittle is too sensationalist tbh but at the same time Tweek put it on a silver plate not just focusing on the relevant issue.

Last edited:

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Very disingenuous thread title and focus. Whether or not you want to agree with him, that's not even his main issue.

The problem is that his main issue (Being too close to the crowd who was heckling him) which although for me is a non issue I actually accept it as a fair complaint gets completely neglected when he complains about wrath getting a massage from his girlfriend.With that his complain goes from looking to make the competition more profesional to something than an incel would say.

Also doesnt help that the incel crowd is supporting him in that last statement

Why is coaching forbidden?

My main guess is that since Smash (and other fg's) are games where anyone could enter to a tournament and play, it will be an unfair advantage to have an sponsored pro player with a regular coach next to them fighting someone who went alone to the tournament or doesnt have the money to pay a coach

This isnt like other esports where only organizations who have the money to pay a regular coach compete

Last edited:

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
The posts trying to the shift the conversation towards the heckling is a bit weird considering Tweek themselves came out and said that wasn't the key issue.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I think handling heckling, noise, pressure from the crowd is all part of being a top sports person.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I think handling heckling, noise, pressure from the crowd is all part of being a top sports person.

Important matches (this was for 13th) should probably be played on better setups with headphones provided or you get these scenarios where your opponent has a clique right next to you yelling and singing. Its pretty normalized for this kind of crowd to form around players and while that might be considered normal its also kind of unprofessional now that sponsorships and careers are a thing.