• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck everything. I try so hard to show I care and work hard. But no one cares. Life is a fucking joke. And no one will ever truly care about me.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
I care about you. It might sound stupid when we don't know each other personally but it's true. Sounds like you've been let down by someone that should have shown more appreciation, but that's their problem and not a fault of yours. There is much beauty in the world, you just have to find what it is for you. PM me, any time, please.

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know you at all, but I also care. Sometimes it feels good to talk to a stranger (at least for me), so if you want to share and talk mate, just PM me. I will listen.

shacklecat

Nov 14, 2017
Check out the life coach school podcast OP, our brains are trash and sometimes they need rewiring

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
these ops always sound the same. like it's the same person each time. you'll be alright just keep working towards the next thing.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
Indeed.
I try so hard to show I care and work hard.
Don't forget selfcare.
Doubtful.
Life is a fucking joke.
Indeed.
And no one will ever truly care about me.
This is hypothetical nonsense from your depressed brain.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think you got that mixed up: your brain is broken, and as a result, you think nothing good is ever going to happen

RobertM

Oct 31, 2017
The bigger thing is self love and happiness, if you need reassurances from others regarding those two things, that would be the first problem you'll need to tackle.

OP
OP
ExhaustedWalrus
Oct 28, 2017
I just don't understand why I am like this... I have been in therapy for months, tried 2 different medications, and I still am overwhelmingly depressed and anxious about everythijg in my life. I just get so sad sometimes and I don't know how to fix it. And I go to work and think everyone else must have it all together and that I'm built wrong and won't ever truly be normal.

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you exercise? Besides being great for mental health I've heard when combined with depression/anxiety meds it can nearly double how effective they are

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
It took going through 3 types of meds and 2 dosage adjustments before a close family member of mine could finally sleep at night and help with her depression.

Keep working at it.

I noticed it was hard for her to see beyond the issues she was facing at the time, but if you keep working at it, things will get better. I told her it doesn't take much time to mess things up, but it takes time to fix them.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand why I am like this... I have been in therapy for months, tried 2 different medications, and I still am overwhelmingly depressed and anxious about everythijg in my life. I just get so sad sometimes and I don't know how to fix it. And I go to work and think everyone else must have it all together and that I'm built wrong and won't ever truly be normal.

I had to try...6(?) different medications before I found one that worked for me.

Statistically speaking, there is someone in your office who thinks you have it all together and they don't.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
I used to feel like this. I don't know when or how it happened, but I've become more fascinated by how things go wrong in my life than bothered by it now.

This is me now when something goes wrong.
giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I guarantee they don't

OP
OP
ExhaustedWalrus
Oct 28, 2017
Whenever I tell someone I have anxiety and depression, 99 times out of 100 they're shocked.

People can hide things very well.
You're right. I am just very nervous right now. I am a contractor and got an email that another contractor got hired full time today. So it's really making me doubt myself and wonder why I can't be hired. I work very hard and go above and beyond.

RobertM

Oct 31, 2017
Has your therapist talked to you about how to look at anxiety and methods of tackling it? I like to ask myself "why do I even have anxiety thinking about this subject/task?", in a way take myself out of the situation, looks at it from the outside and objectively, and try to make myself realize this fear/anxiety makes no sense. The whole connection between Thought -> Feeling is what I like to look at first. Obviously some medication will take the edge of if it's very serious that you have little to no control over a situation. Did you try nonstimulant for anxiety?