• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Should I sleep in my bathroom or in the closet? And what are the recovery rates so far? I'm reading Dailykos and Democraticunderground and I'm seriously contemplating suicide on my own terms if this winds up being Spanish Flu 2.0. I have a firearm for defense purposes only, but at least I can go quickly and painlessly once I've exhausted all other options. My great grandfather succumbed to Spanish Flu in 1918.

If hospitals are turning people away now, how can i EXPEct treatment if things go dire?
Come on man, please take a step back and try to calm down. Taking the virus serious is important, but I don't think you need to sleep in your closet or bathroom. Please don't jump to suicide. Please rule that out as an option. I would strongly encourage to re evaluate ownership of a firearm with that level of paranoia though. Again, I think it's important to take this seriously but please don't jump off the deep end.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Come on man, please take a step back and try to calm down. Taking the virus serious is important, but I don't think you need to sleep in your closet or bathroom. Please don't jump to suicide. Please rule that out as an option. I would strongly encourage to re evaluate ownership of a firearm with that level of paranoia though. Again, I think it's important to take this seriously but please don't jump off the deep end.

i HATE guns and the only reason I keep it is for home self defense. I would never use one to solve a dispute. Also, the gun was a gift by a close relative. He always asks me about it from time to time.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
i HATE guns and the only reason I keep it is for home self defense. I would never use one to solve a dispute.
Well still do your best to relax, focus on the now: you're fine right now and you're safe. Focus on that. It's important to stay up to date but don't let this make you spiral out of control. Be cautious, be safe.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
It's not airborne and doesn't float around like crazy.
Huh? So what is this?

the University of California-Los Angeles and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) posted online Wednesday indicated that the COVID-19 virus could remain viable in the air "up to 3 hours post aerosolization
thehill.com

Tests indicate coronavirus can survive in the air

Federally funded tests conducted by scientists from several major institutions indicated that the novel form of coronavirus behind a worldwide outbreak can survive in the air for several hours.A st…

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Are there any gay people here on this forum? Any former ACT-UP members or friends of former lovers of ACT-UP who can enlighten the rest of us how this might play out before the storm abates somewhat?

Meanwhile, I'm freaking out over my mom who's in the U,K, until August. She just turned 72 last December and she's the most stubborn altruist on this planet. I told her for once in her life to look out for herself first. She's a teacher who works with army brats. The greatest mom in the world! .

Oct 27, 2017
i HATE guns and the only reason I keep it is for home self defense. I would never use one to solve a dispute. Also, the gun was a gift by a close relative. He always asks me about it from time to time.

Yes please take a deep breath and try to calm down. Things will be fine and work their selves out. I HIGHLY suggest selling that gun,get rid of it. If your having suicidal thoughts get rid of that thing NOW. There are other home defense options. Tazers will work great. Even shotguns with non lethal rounds work really well.

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Well still do your best to relax, focus on the now: you're fine right now and you're safe. Focus on that. It's important to stay up to date but don't let this make you spiral out of control. Be cautious, be safe.

Thanks, but I may already have been infected without knowing it. I took a bite out of an apple at the supermarket to see if the rest would last for awhile. I'll know if I'm a true dipshit in a few days.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Robert-Koch-Institut set the german warning system from moderate to high (highest on the scale).

According to them number of ICU patients is exploding and hospitals are getting close to being overwhelmed in some areas.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
Thanks, but I may already have been infected without knowing it. I took a bite out of an apple at the supermarket to see if the rest would last for awhile. I'll know if I'm a true dipshit in a few days.

There's no way to get it that way. If you do somehow get it, it's not the end of the world. You'll be sick for a week and recover.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
Italian's, well you don't want to shake hands with them.

Of course i don't think their(our? i lived in Italy most of my life) woes depend only on this.

4111.jpeg

I'm ashamed of my country (not italy though). Dirty pigs lol. If there will ever be a future handshake, I'll wash my hands immediately afterwards.

May 24, 2019
Are there any gay people here on this forum?

Of course!
www.resetera.com

LGBTQera |ERA1| (We're Queer) OT

Spotlight Edit: Hello, new friends! Please feel free to drop in and say hello and chat with us! Scroll down this post if you'd like to fill out our ice-breaker questionnaire, and if you're LGBTQ+ and interested in our discord channel, please send me a PM! :) Thanks for reading!
edit: Not saying that's the only place they're at. They're all over!

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I feel like you are just trolling at this point 🤦‍♂️
Sorry. I wish I were. This isn't the time for trolling. Sorry if you don't trust me, but I'm really freaking out because I don't have cable news because I cut my service back in 2014. All info I'm absorbing is through here, yahoo news, democraticunderground, and dailykos. I stay away from the others because they're blocked by a paywall.

I want to be alive next year, along with my loved ones so that I can make them all laugh at me for making an ass of myself. I'm fine with being a dipshit. And I won't be bothered if I find that I ended up being a jackass to boot.

Again, sorry if I may seem like I'm trolling, but again, this isn't the time to be trolling. Same as I would never yell "fire" in a crowded theater in real life for kicks.

Last edited:

ReactionShot

Oct 25, 2017
The Vice President of Japan's Organization Committee for the 2020 Summer Olympics, Kozo Tashima (田嶋幸三), tested positive for COVID-19. He is also the president of the Japan Football Association. Source

As a side note, the disease continues to spread in Tokyo. The city has reported 12 new cases so far today (March 17); now there are over 100 cases in total. Source

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Robert-Koch-Institut set the german warning system from moderate to high (highest on the scale).

According to them number of ICU patients is exploding and hospitals are getting close to being overwhelmed in some areas.

Well, shit. And there's still no lockdown in effect. Everyone said we had the advantage of detecting the virus earlier than Italy but we made pretty much nothing from that.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Should i go to the grocery store early in the morning when it open or late at night?

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, shit. And there's still no lockdown in effect. Everyone said we had the advantage of detecting the virus earlier than Italy but we made pretty much nothing from that.
the measures are nearly a lockdown. schools closed, many restaurants, bars, theatres closed.
The Vice President of Japan's Organization Committee for the 2020 Summer Olympics, Kozo Tashima (田嶋幸三), tested positive for COVID-19. He is also the president of the Japan Football Association. Source

As a side note, the disease continues to spread in Tokyo. The city has reported 12 new cases so far today (March 17); now there are over 100 cases in total. Source
i fully expect there to be far more. abe wants that olympics bad. how else is he going to dress up like mario.
I'm 45, I've read that young adults have died from it already. I don't want to be overly optimistic to a fault, lest i fall into false security.
yup people also die because of the flu. still its not like getting ebola which means 90% of the times you are dead.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
So an annoyance then. Great news. My spirits are buoyed somewhat. Thank you. And it must be annoying having dipshits like me asking you this every 5 minutes, so thank you very much.

I'm hoping that Tom Hanks or any other high profile personality can make a recovery, and soon. We definitely could use a morale booster right now, but if this ends up killing either him or his wife people are going to fall into a deep pit of despair.
www.abc.net.au

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson released from Gold Coast hospital as Queensland's coronavirus cases reach 78

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are released from the Gold Coast University hospital after the couple tested positive to COVID-19 last week as Queensland's total number of cases reach 78.

Tom Hanks is a-ok, he's been released from hospital

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
www.abc.net.au

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson released from Gold Coast hospital as Queensland's coronavirus cases reach 78

Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson are released from the Gold Coast University hospital after the couple tested positive to COVID-19 last week as Queensland's total number of cases reach 78.

Tom Hanks is a-ok, he's been released from hospital

Fucking A! The DNC better book him to speak at the next convention this summer or else they should be sued into oblivion for malpractice.

carlsojo

Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
How far in was Italy before they instituted their lockdown? In terms of number of cases and deaths.

Wanted to compare to the Bay Area that just locked down at midnight.

Elynn

Oct 28, 2017
Brittany, France
I'm 45, I've read that young adults have died from it already. I don't want to be overly optimistic to a fault, lest i fall into false security.
There's a middle ground between being overly optimistic and being hysterical about it. Stay at home if you can, wash your hands, if you have to go out avoid crowded places, etc. You're not going to catch it through the bottom of your door like some bad zombie movie. And if you do experience symptoms just stay calm, call a doctor or whatever structure is in place in your country. Stay away from your gun.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
The problem is that the majority of cases seem to be concentrated in 2-3 states which means spread is increasing quicker and quicker over less hospitals.

For example my small town in NRW has 2 small hospitals for 450k people and cases more than tripled from friday(26) to monday (89). So it's easy to see why NRW or bavaria are starting to be overwhelmed while other states have very little exposure.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had the most success the earlier I went. Especially if you live in an area that isn't too hot yet.
if you really need something now I'd go in the AM. If you don't really have a preference as to what you get go in the PM.

I expect things to become more readily available as I believe the bull buying was so people could stay in place.

What about ordering online? I never tried that before
Early morning is your best bet at finding anything on shelves.

DeepChord

Jan 21, 2018

meanwhile daily life continues with business as usual...they have to do something more severe now

Mar 29, 2018
Ugh. Despite my best efforts I may have potentially gotten the virus. Basically someone who came from overseas who should have gotten tested, refused, interacted with a family friend who then that person interacted with my parents and then by extension me.

The original person started to show major symptoms just last night.
It's OK. Just self-isolate and tell everyone you came into contact with you're a high-risk possibility.

You'll be fine, the more important thing is to not spread it to anyone. Get family/friends to buy groceries for you (at least, the people you haven't been i close contact with) and drop them outside your door.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Trump makes it through one briefing where he doesn't throw feces at the camera or resort to name calling his critics and the media praises him for a"dramatic shift in tone." Sickening.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
Our stores finally decided to close the stores nationwide. It's weird knowing I wont be working for a minimum of 3 weeks, maybe even longer.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany

RKI also said said this pandemic could last "up to 2 years"....also that the current measures could last up to 2 years.

www.welt.de

Coronavirus: „Im extremsten Fall“ könnten Einschränkungen 2 Jahre dauern - WELT

Europa im Fokus der Pandemie: Das RKI hält stärkere Maßnahmen in Deutschland für nötig. Ein Grund sei die Dynamik - die Zahl der schweren Erkrankungen steige. Die aktuellen Maßnahmen könnten zwei Jahre in Kraft bleiben.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the measures are nearly a lockdown. schools closed, many restaurants, bars, theatres closed.

People (especially pupils with all their free time now) are still gathering outside. And the good weather right now doesn't exactly convice people to act otherwise.

The problem is that the majority of cases seem to be concentrated in 2-3 states which means spread is increasing quicker and quicker over less hospitals.

For example my small town in NRW has 2 small hospitals for 450k people and cases more than tripled from friday(26) to monday (89). So it's easy to see why NRW or bavaria are starting to be overwhelmed while other states have very little exposure.

Shutting down nationwide would hopefully prevent those other states to be affected more severe. In Italy you also have some regions in the north be way more affected than the south.

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
How far in was Italy before they instituted their lockdown? In terms of number of cases and deaths.

Wanted to compare to the Bay Area that just locked down at midnight.
Spain: lockdown since Saturday, the curve is still rising rapidly. (5,232 cases /133 deaths on Friday)
Italy: lockdown on red zones (Lombardia, etc.) since March 8th. Full nation lockdown on March 10th. Curve seems to be lessening a bit, but still rising. (9,172 cases / 631 deaths on March 9th)

Feel free to correct if I said anything wrong, I used these sources:
www.pharmaceutical-technology.com

Coronavirus in Italy: Outbreak, measures and impact - Pharmaceutical Technology

Italy Covid-19 cases are the highest in Europe, putting the nation on a high alert. Increasing Covid-19 Italy death toll is alarming tourists and airports.
www.worldometers.info

COVID Live - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Live statistics and coronavirus news tracking the number of confirmed cases, recovered patients, tests, and death toll due to the COVID-19 coronavirus from Wuhan, China. Coronavirus counter with new cases, deaths, and number of tests per 1 Million population. Historical data and info. Daily...
www.visualcapitalist.com

Infection Trajectory: See Which Countries are Flattening Their COVID-19 Curve

The number of COVID-19 cases around the world continues to grow, but each country has a different infection trajectory. This chart tells the story.

In the last link you can compare curves. How Italy is (very slowly) starting to recess and how some Asian countries like SK whom started very early the measures are much better than Europe. EU graph is grim.

JRmXIbr.png

MNt9BGk.png

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Germany did 100.000 tests last week and 135.000 tests in the last two weeks (the capaticity for tests is going up rapidly!). NOT included are tests performed in hospitals, so the real number is even higher!
Nach Informationen der Kassenärztlichen Bundesvereinigung gab es im ambulanten Versorgungsbereich in Deutschland in der vergangene Woche etwa 100.000 Tests auf das Coronavirus. Das seien etwa dreimal so viele gewesen wie in der Vorwoche (35.000 Tests). Nicht berücksichtigt in dieser Statistik sind die Tests in den Krankenhäusern. Daher liege die Gesamtzahl also höher.
from the tagesschau.de liveblog: https://www.tagesschau.de/newsticke...r-als-100000-Coronavirus-Tests-in-einer-Woche
(the blog is acting up a bit and sometimes you won't see the source, but it is/was there)

From the previous statements only people with symptoms get tested. With ~5000 confirmed cases end of last week, the % of you having Corona-Virus when showing symptons in Germany is currently ~4%.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
RKI also said said this pandemic could last "up to 2 years"....also that the current measures could last up to 2 years.

www.welt.de

Coronavirus: „Im extremsten Fall“ könnten Einschränkungen 2 Jahre dauern - WELT

Europa im Fokus der Pandemie: Das RKI hält stärkere Maßnahmen in Deutschland für nötig. Ein Grund sei die Dynamik - die Zahl der schweren Erkrankungen steige. Die aktuellen Maßnahmen könnten zwei Jahre in Kraft bleiben.
Yeah seems like they're expanding their planing everywhere. Apparently the government is in talks with Lufthansa to mobilize their airfleet to keep supply chains for basic necessities going over a period of time.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Day 2 of driving to work, been trying to compare traffic each drive. Yesterday was semi normal.....should be interesting

Naru

May 11, 2019
Germany did 100.000 tests last week and 135.000 tests in the last two weeks (the capaticity for tests is going up rapidly!). NOT included are tests performed in hospitals, so the real number is even higher!

from the tagesschau.de liveblog: https://www.tagesschau.de/newsticke...r-als-100000-Coronavirus-Tests-in-einer-Woche
(the blog is acting up a bit and sometimes you won't see the source, but it is/was there)

From the previous statements only people with symptoms get tested. With ~5000 confirmed cases end of last week, the % of you having Corona-Virus when showing symptons in Germany is currently ~4%.
They expect the pandemic to last for probably two years, depending on when the vaccination is available. "It will take years to reach the expected infection rate of 60-70%".

Mar 29, 2018
My middle one has been up since 4:30am, elevated temp and a persistent cough...
Um. Dan, ibuprofen is used by millions of people a year for this stuff. It's a safe and very effective drug, especially when fevers or inflammation are involved. Highly anti-inflammatory.

That article is anecdotal scaremongering by a very problematic UK source. Ibuprofen is widely used and safe. There's a very high chance this child was allergic to ibuprofen, which is not uncommon, and the father just didn't know. If your child is allergic to ibuprofen, you'll know it, like this. But that is a very, very unlikely scenario.

Jan 10, 2018
Trump makes it through one briefing where he doesn't throw feces at the camera or resort to name calling his critics and the media praises him for a"dramatic shift in tone." Sickening.
The class idiot gets applauded for getting something acceptable done, the class best scolded for slipping once.

White male privilege at work.