• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Interestingly enough I was trying to become a teacher before all this went down. Now all the schools are closed :/

Did they mention anything about you will be doing online only now? I don't want to get too far off the COVID topic, so I guess I won't reply more on this specifically. Just ask them when your start time would be and if it is down the line go ahead and tell them you are interested? That way you can keep your current job and have that option ready to go?

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly thought it would only be Trump that destroyed America, but turns out a double whammy if a virus and his stupidity did it

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Went out today here in the UK (in car), couldn't believe the amount of people. Loads through town just doing normal bits of shopping not even food stuff. Resturants/bars people sitting outside. Proceeded down towards the seafront, loads playing football and many groups all doing keep fit stuff. Also so many youngsters out in huge groups just sitting around. You can really tell the majority of people don't give a shit. Still plenty of elderly out also.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So from
March 6 to 14 (8 days) +50K
March 14 to 18 (4days) + 50K
March 18 to 19 (1day) + 50K
March 19 12:00 am to 1:30 am +50K

Is it squaring each day?
50k cases per hour if trend continues tomorrow?
There's a difference between more being getting infected and more people getting tested. Places like New York have stepped up there testing which explains higher case totals, that's not to say there are no new infections of course

water_wendi

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe he didnt have money. I'm not claiming he was a good guy, but I'm not shocked at all that people will start getting desperate.
Oh im sure he didnt have money if he had to steal it. i dont know.. i wasnt expecting daylight theft to start happening so soon. i know many people live paycheck to paycheck but seemingly people also live roll to roll, diaper to diaper, etc..

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got an email from Best Buy talking about alternate store hours and only a small number of customers in the store at a time.

Had this to say about its employees:
I need to get a printer to work from home but didn't want to give my money to best buy since I heard bad things from their employees. Are there any best buy or retail employees that feel this kind of policy changes things and I shouldn't feel bad patronizing them today?

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Remember a few days ago, before Dewine clusterfucked the Ohio election and everyone was giving him props for taking the virus more seriously than other Republican governors? Bad news, he's caught the stupid.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember a few days ago, before Dewine clusterfucked the Ohio election and everyone was giving him props for taking the virus more seriously than other Republican governors? Bad news, he's caught the stupid.

God I fucking hate our dumb obession with american exceptionalism. Bunch of boomers who caught the stupid in the 80s and never recovered. I can't wait until their out of power

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One of my local restaurants is paying all their full time workers for two weeks till they plan to re-open...

Pretty awesome. Everyone in town pitched in when they were facing bankruptcy last year and they continue to always pay it back to the community.

It's a nice gesture but I continue to be disheartened by the naivety of most people. This thing's not going away in 2-3 weeks. We're looking at a shutdown drifting through July; maybe even longer. This is going to be life and reality for the foreseeable future.

SushiReese

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks to recent massive testings, as we confirm more cases, now the fatality rate in NY has dropped to similar level of SK/Germany(0.5%). I am afraid unconfirmed number in CA(2.4%),WA (5.7%)and Florida(2.5%)are seriously underestimated.

Right now wealthy states like New York and California got most of the spotlight and media coverage due to its location and economic importance . I am afraid that the situation would get worse in the mid-eastern and Bible Belt due to previous massive church gathering and limited resource (Like what happened in South Korea, like 70% of confirmed cases came from religion cluster)

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
vIa3bOl.png

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Germany is about to hit 15k infected when they were at 11k yesterday.

Getting close to italys number infected per day now and deaths also seem to be increasing now

I can't stress enough, I hate how slow the government reacted to this.

Italy was a huge red flag and they did feck all until shit has hit the fan.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon manager called and gave us a message for my building. Since there's such a backlog we're working 6 days 10 hours overtime :(

Holy fuck with all these people for 6 days straight its literally gonna be like 99% sure someone gets this virus. Fuck me.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't see the issue with flying your flag if you've got one.

Same as everyone putting up their Christmas decorations.

There is no issue; people are just being asses because Americans tend to be overly nationalistic in general but this is one of the few times where you really do need to be managing community morale more actively.

Nobody thinks it will stop the virus. The point is to give people a sense of community and purpose now that we're begging them to stay apart.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So from
March 6 to 14 (8 days) +50K
March 14 to 18 (4days) + 50K
March 18 to 19 (1day) + 50K
March 19 12:00 am to 1:30 am +50K

Is it squaring each day?
50k cases per hour if trend continues tomorrow?
Nope. 15K cases on 17th. 20K cases yesterday. Probably will be close to 25K cases added today . So its going up by about 5K per day right now.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I assume this video has already been posted here somewhere but posting it just in case others haven't seen it. Really helped explain a lot in a short video (10 mins approx). Shared it with all my relatives and friends. Please do the same. Found this in the /r/videos subreddit.

Min

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't really been able to find a source documenting the virus from early stages to end.

There's the mayor of miami who tested 7 positive days ago who's doing daily vlogs, currently no symptoms outside of minor cold and not on any medication.

There's a doctor in Spain doing daily updates (on day 11) taking some medication and taking videos of lungs during progression.

There's a nurse who couldn't get a test for weeks who's first symptom was a runny nose mid-February and it didn't progress until ~March 8th...

Trying to find other anecdotes of patients symptoms.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
My work is going to be giving us 2 weeks paid, we are already allowing anyone to work remote if they can and are being safe and flexible for those that are willing to work.

Baby steps!

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Are some people here looking at live play by plays of death counters all day? Staying informed is one thing but dann.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Some good news in regards to testing, Abbott labs will be making 1M kits a week by the "end of March."

The North Chicago-based medical equipment company has begun sending out about 150,000 tests kits, with plans to ramp up production to 1 million tests per week by the end of March.
www.dailyherald.com

Abbott gets emergency OK to ship COVID-19 test kits, ramps up production

Abbott has received emergency use authorization from the Food and Drug Administration to ship its COVID-19 test kits, the company announced Thursday.