• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 31, 2018
It started out as a tickle in his throat before bed, but by the next morning, it felt like the worst flu ever.

And by the time Kevin Harris was admitted to a hospital in Ohio five days later, he thought he was suffocating.

Within a couple of days, he said, he felt like he couldn't clear his throat. He couldn't stop coughing. By the next day, he had a fever and headaches. But the worst part was the body aches.

On a scale of 1 to 10, he said, the pain was 15.

"The pain is off the charts. Everything hurts, nose, toes and ears," said Harris. "I was like one big ball of pain."

He said he cried "like a little girl" when he moved from his bed to a nearby chair.

Three days after his first symptoms, he said, his fever had begun to wane, and it seemed like he might get better — but then it returned with a vengeance, and he felt like he was choking every time he breathed.

"Imagine your lungs turning solid. It's like suffocating without holding your nose," said Harris, who owns an auto body shop and typically runs 5 miles every day.

"Every time I lay down, my breathing gets lower and lower. I thought my lungs would fail me. I was screaming for mercy and praying to God."

By the time Harris made it to the hospital, it was taking him an hour to move 50 feet to his bathroom — and he had to stop twice, lie on the floor and catch his breath before reaching the door.

nypost.com

Coronavirus patient on hellish ordeal: ‘I was screaming for mercy and praying to God’

It started out as a tickle in his throat before bed, but by the next morning, it felt like the worst flu ever. And by the time Kevin Harris was admitted to a hospital in Ohio five days later, he th…

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
We might hit 20k today which is almost +5k for the day

yeah, this will turn out really nasty in the next weeks...my girlfriends sister works in healthcare in a hospital and she said they have no masks, no suits at all and already at max capacity. they are ordering nurses from other stations into ICU because they have not enough people. and this is only the beginning now..

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Well, it was only a matter of time, but there was finally a confirmed coronavirus case in my city. Good thing I've been hunkering down, excluding occasional trips for groceries and getting the new Animal Crossing game.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's because he actually can do that, blame it on Biden and...won't lose supporters

He's going to lose supporters. Not in the political way you're referring to, but he will lose them nonetheless. Rural hospitals are going to fucking tip over if this is the maximum level of seriousness that he can deliver.

Rural hospitals are generally close to broke under normal circumstances. When this disease really lands at the heart of rural America, we're in big trouble.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Should President mandate limited quantities per family at supermarkets? I just went to my local one, and EVERYTHING was sold out.

What's my alternative? I need to wake up very early in the morning, go to the store, and also do the SAME thing everyone is doing.?

:-/

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Have customers taking out insane amounts of cash. Our corporate security has talked some clients out of 400k cash withdrawals. Like WTF do you need that much cash for?

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
@WashingtonERA

Anyone know how we are doing? We were a huge hot spot but it seems other areas have gotten more and are taking more drastic measures?

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure there are twice as many new cases today as yesterday. A big jump
It's peaking in the north, and just now started to ramp up everywhere else because of all the people who fled from the north when the quarantine measures were being introduced. We should start to see an improvement across the board in the coming weeks. With the entire country in lock-down, it's almost impossible not to. Remember, there is a lagging effect to everything we're seeing. What we're seeing today is the result of what happened some weeks ago.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
my co-worker is doing a pub crawl.....inside his house this weekend with a bunch of other folks. You walk from room to room where a new beer is stationed. Just tells you unless you start fining people or arresting folks for public endangerment they ain't listening to any lockdown here in illinois.

Also..........still kicking and driving to work. But damn there are cops stationed everywhere, probably making sure businesses follow rules.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Wow, did he just say Germany is just counting the number of deaths based exclusively on a coronavirus diagnosis?

D23

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at a loss for word for Italy right now..

if only China told the truth from Day1... god

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
All these countries with balloning numbers need to get their shit together and shut everything down now, its practically already too late for them.

Im talking about the US, UK, Germany.

If you are running a country and you havent shut down anything but essential services down by the time you've hit 1000 people you are not going to flatten that curve and it is going to be a disaster.